PDA

View Full Version : If a police officer, this is where I resign

jimnyc
09-07-2020, 04:40 PM
And quite possibly much earlier depending on where I worked. But this is getting ridiculous now, if it hasn't already with talk of defunding police. Some have started already, at least lowering funding. And lack of support, while being attacked no less.

And now tie their hands so that they can't perform any type of crowd control.

The only thing I see that makes any reasonable sense is putting a stop to chokeholds or excessive force.

The rest is batshit crazy IMO. They must defend certain properties, or walk away and let places like federal courthouses to get destroyed. But without the appropriate tools, what do they do? At least there is "probable cause", as almost every last thing that I have seen take place had probable cause behind it.

---

Judge Orders Detroit Police Not to Use Batons, Tear Gas Against Protesters for Two Weeks

A federal judge in Detroit has ordered the city’s police not to use batons, tear gas, shields, chokeholds, rubber bullets, sound cannons, or any other type of non-lethal force against protesters for the next two weeks.

The late Friday ruling granted a temporary restraining order to the activist group Detroit Will Breathe, which sued the city on Monday, claiming that excessive police force infringed upon their protesters’ First Amendment rights, the Detroit Free Press reported.

U.S. District Court Judge Laurie Michelson’s order stops police from using any type of force during protests without “probable cause.”

“For a short period, we know that the police will not be able to use the brutal tactics they have in the past against peaceful protesters without violating a court order,” said Jack Schulz, who filed the order on behalf of the group.

But Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the police have not used force against peaceful protesters.

“We’re going to continue to do our jobs the way we’ve done it,” he said. “We respect peaceful protesters. We understand the judge’s order and we’ll make sure the protesters understand if there’s any aggression or violation of law, they will get ample notice like we’ve done in the past.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2020/09/05/judge-orders-detroit-police-not-to-use-batons-tear-gas-against-protesters-for-two-weeks/

Kathianne
09-07-2020, 05:40 PM
And quite possibly much earlier depending on where I worked. But this is getting ridiculous now, if it hasn't already with talk of defunding police. Some have started already, at least lowering funding. And lack of support, while being attacked no less.

And now tie their hands so that they can't perform any type of crowd control.

The only thing I see that makes any reasonable sense is putting a stop to chokeholds or excessive force.

The rest is batshit crazy IMO. They must defend certain properties, or walk away and let places like federal courthouses to get destroyed. But without the appropriate tools, what do they do? At least there is "probable cause", as almost every last thing that I have seen take place had probable cause behind it.

---

Judge Orders Detroit Police Not to Use Batons, Tear Gas Against Protesters for Two Weeks

A federal judge in Detroit has ordered the city’s police not to use batons, tear gas, shields, chokeholds, rubber bullets, sound cannons, or any other type of non-lethal force against protesters for the next two weeks.

The late Friday ruling granted a temporary restraining order to the activist group Detroit Will Breathe, which sued the city on Monday, claiming that excessive police force infringed upon their protesters’ First Amendment rights, the Detroit Free Press reported.

U.S. District Court Judge Laurie Michelson’s order stops police from using any type of force during protests without “probable cause.”

“For a short period, we know that the police will not be able to use the brutal tactics they have in the past against peaceful protesters without violating a court order,” said Jack Schulz, who filed the order on behalf of the group.

But Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the police have not used force against peaceful protesters.

“We’re going to continue to do our jobs the way we’ve done it,” he said. “We respect peaceful protesters. We understand the judge’s order and we’ll make sure the protesters understand if there’s any aggression or violation of law, they will get ample notice like we’ve done in the past.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2020/09/05/judge-orders-detroit-police-not-to-use-batons-tear-gas-against-protesters-for-two-weeks/

What a farce. The police across the country have waited until specific actions happen to cross the line from free speech to rioting. At that point, they announce the state of riot and tell folks to disperse. Shockingly, these folks do not respond appropriately. Thus, his 'conditions' of probable cause already met.

Black Diamond
09-07-2020, 05:59 PM
So when Detroit burns over the next two weeks...

LongTermGuy
09-07-2020, 08:34 PM
"Judge Orders Detroit Police Not to Use Batons, Tear Gas Against Protesters for Two Weeks"

If I was a cop...Screw that...

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/55/54118/this-time-im-ready-to-run-escape-from-the-city-and-follow-the-sun-quote-1.jpg
https://thefederalistpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/205_163232.jpg