PDA

View Full Version : Trump nominated for Nobel peace prize

jimnyc
09-09-2020, 01:40 PM
He was nominated due to the peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. And now also the deal between Serbia/Kosovo. No one can say where this will lead these countries down the road. But the agreements in themselves are rare.

---

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian official, citing Israel-UAE peace deal

Nomination was submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament

EXCLUSIVE: Just weeks after helping to broker peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), President Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize.

The nomination submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, lauded Trump for his efforts toward resolving protracted conflicts worldwide.

“For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of Parliament who also serves as chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

Tybring-Gjedde, in his nomination letter to the Nobel Committee, said the Trump administration has played a key role in the establishment of relations between Israel and the UAE. “As it is expected other Middle Eastern countries will follow in the footsteps of the UAE, this agreement could be a game changer that will turn the Middle East into a region of cooperation and prosperity,” he wrote.

Rest - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-by-norwegian-official

Kathianne
09-09-2020, 01:55 PM
I saw this, figured it was the day pigs died. Of hypothermia. In Hell.

jimnyc
09-09-2020, 02:18 PM

He was nominated for something a few years back, don't recall and don't care. Perhaps it was a great award and honor at one point, but doesn't seem to be so anymore. I mean, bringing about peace or near to it is a great accomplishment, and more so if 20-40 years down the road and reflect back and see that peace held... Still don't see this prize as it once was.

Kathianne
09-09-2020, 02:23 PM
He was nominated for something a few years back, don't recall and don't care. Perhaps it was a great award and honor at one point, but doesn't seem to be so anymore. I mean, bringing about peace or near to it is a great accomplishment, and more so if 20-40 years down the road and reflect back and see that peace held... Still don't see this prize as it once was.

It lost all relevance when given to Obama for existing, while black.

SassyLady
09-09-2020, 02:29 PM
He was nominated due to the peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. And now also the deal between Serbia/Kosovo. No one can say where this will lead these countries down the road. But the agreements in themselves are rare.

---

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian official, citing Israel-UAE peace deal

Nomination was submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament

EXCLUSIVE: Just weeks after helping to broker peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), President Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize.

The nomination submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, lauded Trump for his efforts toward resolving protracted conflicts worldwide.

“For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of Parliament who also serves as chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

Tybring-Gjedde, in his nomination letter to the Nobel Committee, said the Trump administration has played a key role in the establishment of relations between Israel and the UAE. “As it is expected other Middle Eastern countries will follow in the footsteps of the UAE, this agreement could be a game changer that will turn the Middle East into a region of cooperation and prosperity,” he wrote.

Rest - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-by-norwegian-official

Yes, Trump is president when this happened, however, the prize should be for everyone who worked on it. Not just him.

jimnyc
09-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Yes, Trump is president when this happened, however, the prize should be for everyone who worked on it. Not just him.

I agree! Can groups win?

Mr. P
09-09-2020, 05:04 PM
It lost all relevance when given to Obama for existing, while black.

True dat !
It went from a very prestigious HONOR to no more than a participation trophy.

Gunny
09-09-2020, 07:21 PM
True dat !
It went from a very prestigious HONOR to no more than a participation trophy.It lost significance to me when Yassir Arafat was awarded it. Obama was insult to injury.

KarlMarx
09-09-2020, 08:10 PM

That is, by far, the best comeback line of the year!!!👍👍👍👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ
09-09-2020, 08:17 PM
I have no doubt that Trump and his team deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, in its original meaning, more than anyone else who will get nominated.

However, the Nobel Peace Prize has ceased being about peace efforts and is now just about who's the biggest symbol for progressives this year. That would make the actual Peace Prize winner this year who... Black Lives Matter? Antifa rioters? Colin Kaepernick?

Just pick the craziest wacko in the world who's created the most problems for other people to deal with, and that's probably who those idiots will toss the prize to.

Mr. P
09-09-2020, 11:02 PM
It lost significance to me when Yassir Arafat was awarded it. Obama was insult to injury.

Good point I'd forgotten about that weasel.

Gunny
09-10-2020, 07:06 PM
All of which brings up the point: I wouldn't want to be nominated for it given the current criteria for nomination. Someone I know might see it.

del
09-13-2020, 02:03 PM
I agree! Can groups win?

Red Cross has won three times, I believe.
He's got zero chance to win, but then he really didn't do anything, IMO.
How worried do you think Israel is/was about the Bahraini armed forces?

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Red Cross has won three times, I believe.
He's got zero chance to win, but then he really didn't do anything, IMO.
How worried do you think Israel is/was about the Bahraini armed forces?

Israel and Bahrain
Israel and United Arab Emirates
Kosovo and Serbia

I wouldn't go as far as to say he didn't do anything. With Bahrain and Israel, it's more about recognition of Israel which is rare in the region. Also normalizing of relations could be beneficial to both.
Similar with Kosovo and Serbia. The normalizing of relations and opening their respective markets, open transportation.
Israel and the UAE agree on a peace deal, full diplomatic relations as well. Then after Egypt & Jordan, the UAE becomes the 3rd Arab state to normalize with Israel.

All these deals brokered by Trump and the USA. And again, if they hold and prosper in the long run, and eventually others join in, then this may have been the beginning of a lot more peace in the region.

And now, if Gore can get the prize on climate change BS (good for another thread), and Barack Obama for his "efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples", then yeah, I think those involved in these deals are deserving of a shot. Or three.

del
09-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Israel and Bahrain
Israel and United Arab Emirates
Kosovo and Serbia

I wouldn't go as far as to say he didn't do anything. With Bahrain and Israel, it's more about recognition of Israel which is rare in the region. Also normalizing of relations could be beneficial to both.
Similar with Kosovo and Serbia. The normalizing of relations and opening their respective markets, open transportation.
Israel and the UAE agree on a peace deal, full diplomatic relations as well. Then after Egypt & Jordan, the UAE becomes the 3rd Arab state to normalize with Israel.

All these deals brokered by Trump and the USA. And again, if they hold and prosper in the long run, and eventually others join in, then this may have been the beginning of a lot more peace in the region.

And now, if Gore can get the prize on climate change BS (good for another thread), and Barack Obama for his "efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples", then yeah, I think those involved in these deals are deserving of a shot. Or three.

Well, the Serbia-Kosovo deal seems to be in the toilet already.
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20200910-serbia-will-not-move-embassy-to-jerusalem-if-israel-recognises-kosovos-independence/

The other two seem to be much ado about not much as well, more about Trump and Netenyahu trying to distract from their respective problems than anything meaningful.but you make a fair point about Obama.