PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Wheeler disapproval rating increases

jimnyc
09-09-2020, 02:35 PM
I wonder if he gave any of this any thought prior to his decisions? Because IMO, I think due directly to those decisions, he may get sent wheeling away in November. And it's not like he would have been playing politics either - simply doing the "right thing" I believe would have helped him actually. Imagine that, turns out most Americans aren't fond of non-stop crime after all.

He should not have been sending letters and publicizing them while the city was in distress and needed help. And if going to turn down help from the government, at least do something that works in reducing the rioting and crimes & the damage being done. He ignore the problem and ignored Trump, and I think that may cost him his mayor title. :dunno:

---

Poll: 63 Percent of Portland Voters Disapprove of Mayor Ted Wheeler as Riots Continue Unabated

The violent protests and riots in Portland, Oregon, continue unabated but if Antifa and anarchists are pleased with what is going on in the city voters disagree, according to a poll that shows 63 percent think Mayor Ted Wheeler is not doing a good job.

The poll was paid for by the Yes for Real Community Oversight of Police, a political action committee and Fox News reported on it, including the revelation barely 26 percent of voters approve of Wheeler’s job performance:

Wheeler, 58, has been the city’s mayor since January 2017. He previously served as Oregon’s state treasurer and as chairman of the Multnomah County Commission.

In November, Wheeler will face Sarah Iannarone, an urban policy consultant, in a runoff election for the mayoralty after failing to attract 50%-plus-one voters in the city’s May election.

In late August, Wheeler sent a letter to President Trump, saying “No thanks,” to the president’s offer of sending federal officers to Portland to help quell the nightly unrest.

“We don’t need your politics of division and demagoguery,” Wheeler wrote.

President Donald Trump and other federal officials have criticized Wheeler’s hands-off approach to the ongoing violence and property destruction, including acting secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf, as Breitbart News reported.

“I urge you to prioritize public safety and to request federal assistance to restore law and order in Portland,” Wolf wrote in a letter to Wheeler after he rejected help from Trump. “We are standing by to support Portland. At the same time, President Trump has made it abundantly clear that there will come a point when state and local officials fail to protect its citizens from violence, the federal government will have no choice but to protect our American citizens.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/09/poll-63-percent-of-portland-voters-disapprove-of-mayor-ted-wheeler-as-riots-continue-unabated/

Gunny
09-10-2020, 07:15 PM
I wonder if he gave any of this any thought prior to his decisions? Because IMO, I think due directly to those decisions, he may get sent wheeling away in November. And it's not like he would have been playing politics either - simply doing the "right thing" I believe would have helped him actually. Imagine that, turns out most Americans aren't fond of non-stop crime after all.

He should not have been sending letters and publicizing them while the city was in distress and needed help. And if going to turn down help from the government, at least do something that works in reducing the rioting and crimes & the damage being done. He ignore the problem and ignored Trump, and I think that may cost him his mayor title. :dunno:

---

Poll: 63 Percent of Portland Voters Disapprove of Mayor Ted Wheeler as Riots Continue Unabated

The violent protests and riots in Portland, Oregon, continue unabated but if Antifa and anarchists are pleased with what is going on in the city voters disagree, according to a poll that shows 63 percent think Mayor Ted Wheeler is not doing a good job.

The poll was paid for by the Yes for Real Community Oversight of Police, a political action committee and Fox News reported on it, including the revelation barely 26 percent of voters approve of Wheeler’s job performance:

Wheeler, 58, has been the city’s mayor since January 2017. He previously served as Oregon’s state treasurer and as chairman of the Multnomah County Commission.

In November, Wheeler will face Sarah Iannarone, an urban policy consultant, in a runoff election for the mayoralty after failing to attract 50%-plus-one voters in the city’s May election.

In late August, Wheeler sent a letter to President Trump, saying “No thanks,” to the president’s offer of sending federal officers to Portland to help quell the nightly unrest.

“We don’t need your politics of division and demagoguery,” Wheeler wrote.

President Donald Trump and other federal officials have criticized Wheeler’s hands-off approach to the ongoing violence and property destruction, including acting secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf, as Breitbart News reported.

“I urge you to prioritize public safety and to request federal assistance to restore law and order in Portland,” Wolf wrote in a letter to Wheeler after he rejected help from Trump. “We are standing by to support Portland. At the same time, President Trump has made it abundantly clear that there will come a point when state and local officials fail to protect its citizens from violence, the federal government will have no choice but to protect our American citizens.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/09/poll-63-percent-of-portland-voters-disapprove-of-mayor-ted-wheeler-as-riots-continue-unabated/Wheeler is a joke, and an idiot. Is there something in particular this jackass thinks he's going to get out of this? His name in the paper? The very people he is supporting will turn on his ass in a second.

And I love the "we don't need your politics of division and demagoguery.' that's EXACTLY what I'm thinking.