PDA

View Full Version : Antifa and Facebook

jimnyc
09-10-2020, 02:35 PM
I was just reading an article which lead me to a antifa page on Facebook, which ultimately lead me to a ton of these antifa Facebook pages in locations all over. And then I read Russ post about things that should be illegal.

They are a known violent organization. They even imply violence and illegal actions right on their pages and some respective websites. Rose City Antifa, Portland's Resistance, Antifa USA, Eugene Antifa and on and on. There are various links to other of the organizations on each page, so one leads to another to another.

They make it clear on what NOT to post - and how to communicate effectively other ways outside of FB. Seems like the majority posting have fake names, not their own photos & likely a lot of secondary accounts for posting so they don't out themselves. The site starts by recommending securing their accounts just like that. No identifying information, no links unless email, no discussing of criminal activity - as they say "insurgent fascists & law enforcement" watch.

These pages are littered with outing people that counter protested or were arrested. Many not arrested still having photos, names, addresses posted. Also saw a picture of a police officer from a Dept. website of employees.

All these sites may not have direct illegal action viewable. But it's used as a first point of communication or an additional one. These groups are creating accounts across various social media for communicating. Then further communicating also happens elsewhere, and even via telephone messages left. And then of course in the end what you have is a much more organized group and prepared.

--

What ticks me the most is how many things have been censored and suspended for folks on the right, including factual information, mostly for political reasons.

But this shit is OK? The folks that are responsible for almost all the rioting, destruction/fires , looting, assaulting and killing of police, ripped down monuments.... Post about covid-19 and factual numbers and it gets deleted. Create a page for violent anarchists to get their words, emails and links out there, and who only knows what took or takes place via private communications on FB - No problem. :rolleyes:

---

Facebook Allows Controversial Antifa Group to Stay on Site

Facebook vowed to crack down on political violence and election interference, but the result is far less than advertised. The platform allows Antifa organizations to organize and share content in apparent conflict with Facebook’s official policies.

Facebook had removed two left-wing extremist news sources — It’s Going Down and CrimethInc. That was part of the platform’s new “Dangerous Individuals and Organizations” policy to crack down on groups the platform said are “tied to violence.” However, Facebook has refused to take action against two other controversial leftist pages — Rose City Antifa and Adbusters.

Rose City Antifa’s alleged reputation for political violence has been reported on by Politico, The Washington Times, and The Washington Post. The Post featured a photo captioned: “Unidentified Rose City Antifa members beat up Andy Ngo, an independent journalist.”

Canadian leftist organization Adbusters, which helped start the Occupy protests, is attempting to meddle in the U.S. election by organizing a “siege” of the White House.

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg explained his concerns about upcoming civil unrest in an early September interview with Axios where he expressed: "I think we need to be doing everything that we can to reduce the chances of violence or civil unrest in the wake of this election." Despite being contacted and presented with an extensive report on alleged violence from Rose City Antifa, Facebook has thus far refused to take action.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/alexander-hall/2020/09/10/exclusive-facebook-allows-controversial-antifa-group-stay

Gunny
09-10-2020, 06:42 PM
I've seen where Parler is really going after FB, outing FB on some new disinformation/partisan crap daily. Wouldn't surprise me if the antifa members were shareholders in FB.

SassyLady
09-11-2020, 02:36 AM
I've seen where Parler is really going after FB, outing FB on some new disinformation/partisan crap daily. Wouldn't surprise me if the antifa members were shareholders in FB.

I believe the FB censorship employees are antifithug members.

Gunny
09-12-2020, 05:57 PM
I believe the FB censorship employees are antifithug members.I do not know a thing about FB except what I have read here, and now what I have seen on Parler. I have no idea how to use either. It appears they use the same format since those switching over have no problem. I just read what I can.

Best I can tell, FB and Twitter have gone into censorship overdrive. Saw that coming. Trump used it/them to circumvent MSM control of his campaign in 16. They aren't going to let that happen again if they can help it.

I have always been leery of data mining and I'm old school Cold War military. Walls have eyes and ears. There's always someone watching and listening. Some things you can't help if you use the internet or even just use a PC for a glorified typewriter. Cops come get your typewriter and have some data geek sifter through every keystroke you ever made.

I don't think any of that went away from as far back as keeping your mouth shut at the E-Club. It appears my suspicions back then are being born out in our daily lives. I recall in the 80s when I read an article in the newspaper about Philly setting up CCTV in downtown Philly and thinking what's next? Can't even walk out the front door now without the knowledge some jackass is recording you on a cell.

A court order an turn the camera on on your computer without your consent or knowledge. Same with the GPS in your phone. Turn it off and they can turn it on without consent or knowledge. Same with the GPS in your vehicle. It's a tracking device all right :rolleyes:

Now, if you were military back in the day, you know all these ComSec things as a matter of course, having had them drilled into your headed relentlessly. I bet the majority doesn't even consider it.