PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano Sued for 1988 Sexual Assault

jimnyc
09-11-2020, 06:45 PM
I used to have a lot of respect for Judge Nap. Then he changed.

And if this turns out to be true, then Eff him and toss him away for such actions. A judge shouldn't be communicating in any way with a defendant outside of the courtroom, and I'm sure that includes in your yard cutting your grass for you. :rolleyes:

Next, how would you "force" someone? Gun, which I don't see mentioned. Threat of losing court case? Not sure how long of a sentence criminal arson calls for, but I'd rather take my chances in court, thank you very much. And if so, demanding sexual favors is bad enough for anyone, but from a judge? Someone who can put you in jail? Gotta be some serious charges... then again, looks like this guy is suing him - which is about money, not charges. The DA would have to take up the case and charge him with a crime and gotta be a reason this guy went to lawsuit first.

Without some form of proof I don't see it going anywhere and perhaps someone with a bone to pick. Dunno:

---

Judge Napolitano Sued for 1988 Sexual Assault; ‘Pure Fiction,’ He Says

Fox News analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano was sued Friday in Manhattan by a man who claims Napolitano sexually assaulted him in 1988 while presiding over his criminal case in New Jersey.

Law & Crime reported:

According to the complaint obtained by Law&Crime, in 1988, Napolitano lured Charles Corbishley to his New Jersey home under false pretenses and forced him to perform oral sex.

At the time, Napolitano was the judge presiding over Corbishley’s case on charges of criminal arson. His lawyer, Robert Hollis, was allegedly a self-described “friend” of Napolitano’s and successfully moved to have the case brought under his purview. Hollis then purportedly arranged for Corbishley to do yard work at Napolitano’s Hackensack residence–presumably in exchange for judicial leniency.

The lawsuit claimed that Napolitano “shortly” exited the house and approached Corbishley, summoning him to the side of the house by asking: “can you come back here for a minute?” Corbishley claimed he complied with the request. And, at first, Napolitano allegedly just engaged him in small talk about his family and a pharmacy in town.

The filing described the alleged attack in graphic detail.

According to the complaint, “Plaintiff Charles Corbishley was then forced to perform fellatio on the Honorable Andrew Napolitano, the presiding Justice on his criminal case.”

Napolitano has denied all of the claims in the lawsuit, according to a statement provided by his attorney to the New York Daily News:

“These accusations are completely false. Full stop,” Napolitano said in a statement. “I have never done anything like what the accuser describes, at any time, to anyone, for any reason. I have never had any personal relationship or inappropriate contact or communication of any kind with the man making this accusation. Each and every one of his claims against me are pure fiction. Period.”

Fox News has defended Napolitano in a statement reported by the Daily Beast: “Judge Napolitano has assured us in the strongest possible terms that these allegations are false and he will fight them aggressively in court.”

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/09/11/judge-napolitano-sued-for-1988-sexual-assault-pure-fiction-he-says/

pete311
09-12-2020, 04:08 PM
He just left the Trump train and you couldn't handle it and now like a mob boss Trump is making him pay.

Gunny
09-12-2020, 04:52 PM
I used to have a lot of respect for Judge Nap. Then he changed.

And if this turns out to be true, then Eff him and toss him away for such actions. A judge shouldn't be communicating in any way with a defendant outside of the courtroom, and I'm sure that includes in your yard cutting your grass for you. :rolleyes:

Next, how would you "force" someone? Gun, which I don't see mentioned. Threat of losing court case? Not sure how long of a sentence criminal arson calls for, but I'd rather take my chances in court, thank you very much. And if so, demanding sexual favors is bad enough for anyone, but from a judge? Someone who can put you in jail? Gotta be some serious charges... then again, looks like this guy is suing him - which is about money, not charges. The DA would have to take up the case and charge him with a crime and gotta be a reason this guy went to lawsuit first.

Without some form of proof I don't see it going anywhere and perhaps someone with a bone to pick. Dunno:

---

Judge Napolitano Sued for 1988 Sexual Assault; ‘Pure Fiction,’ He Says

Fox News analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano was sued Friday in Manhattan by a man who claims Napolitano sexually assaulted him in 1988 while presiding over his criminal case in New Jersey.

Law & Crime reported:

According to the complaint, “Plaintiff Charles Corbishley was then forced to perform fellatio on the Honorable Andrew Napolitano, the presiding Justice on his criminal case.”

Napolitano has denied all of the claims in the lawsuit, according to a statement provided by his attorney to the New York Daily News:

Fox News has defended Napolitano in a statement reported by the Daily Beast: “Judge Napolitano has assured us in the strongest possible terms that these allegations are false and he will fight them aggressively in court.”

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/09/11/judge-napolitano-sued-for-1988-sexual-assault-pure-fiction-he-says/I'm not going to defend Napolitano simply because I don't care. I also don't care about his opinion of Trump.

What I DO care about is: 1988? :rolleyes: Prove it, and I'm all for whatever punishment befits the crime. If this is just some more chickenshit, baseless and uncorroborated "Mypussymatters" BS? Then I'm against destroying the man, his reputation, his livelihood and/or his family on hearsay, the same as I am anyone else.

Unless Donald Trump is named in the suit, then he has nothing to do with it, nor does Napolitano's relationship or opinion of Trump.

Gunny
09-12-2020, 04:55 PM
He just left the Trump train and you couldn't handle it and now like a mob boss Trump is making him pay.You could have just not bothered typing nor hitting enter and you would have contributed just as much as when you did :rolleyes:

jimnyc
09-12-2020, 06:27 PM
He just left the Trump train and you couldn't handle it and now like a mob boss Trump is making him pay.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not very fond of the MSM, not even Fox news much, so save it.

This has nothing to do with Trump that I can see. And it doesn't matter if it were just the victim, Trump, Obama or your Momma - matters not. IF a judge demands something in return for not harming his court case - pretty sure that's illegal.

He'll pay if he's guilty. If he's not guilty and no evidence, it won't go anywhere.

Gunny
09-12-2020, 06:41 PM
In case you haven't noticed, I'm not very fond of the MSM, not even Fox news much, so save it.

This has nothing to do with Trump that I can see. And it doesn't matter if it were just the victim, Trump, Obama or your Momma - matters not. IF a judge demands something in return for not harming his court case - pretty sure that's illegal.

He'll pay if he's guilty. If he's not guilty and no evidence, it won't go anywhere.I wish I had faith in the bold. All too often anymore, such is not the case. He'll be crucified and done by social media/MSM long before he sees a court room. Lord knows the leftwingnut crucifiers are especially driven by right wing celebrities.

jimnyc
09-12-2020, 06:59 PM
I wish I had faith in the bold. All too often anymore, such is not the case. He'll be crucified and done by social media/MSM long before he sees a court room. Lord knows the leftwingnut crucifiers are especially driven by right wing celebrities.

This is true! But I would like to think, that if a case as such is brought forward - and it had no physical and direct evidence, the next will be if there is circumstantial evidence. I don't know this all that well, but read 3 or 4 articles so far and all I have seen is an accusation only. So if no direct and no circumstantial, a judge should be able to weed out cases like that.

But yep, he'll be friend by the leftist kooks. And yup, they might even find the right lawyers and judge and court, but I couldn't see that happening AND an appeals court upholding - not unless there is evidence/proof.

Gunny
09-12-2020, 07:04 PM
This is true! But I would like to think, that if a case as such is brought forward - and it had no physical and direct evidence, the next will be if there is circumstantial evidence. I don't know this all that well, but read 3 or 4 articles so far and all I have seen is an accusation only. So if no direct and no circumstantial, a judge should be able to weed out cases like that.

But yep, he'll be friend by the leftist kooks. And yup, they might even find the right lawyers and judge and court, but I couldn't see that happening AND an appeals court upholding - not unless there is evidence/proof.I really don't care for Napolitano's sour grapes act and could care less about him. Same with most others. However, I consider it unfair and unethical the way these "back in 1976 ..." accusations get pulled out and are given credence.

I agree. Sorry if it's true, but word of mouth accusation is not sufficient evidence in a court of law, unless the judge is a lefty and the defendant a conservative anyway. It shouldn't go past the accusation without evidence.

Not to mention, now we can wait for the 300 other people he allegedly molested to suddenly come forward :rolleyes: