PDA

View Full Version : AMERICA TO BOYCOTT NFL: A Letter from an Old Soldier......................

LongTermGuy
09-11-2020, 08:45 PM
:salute:As the 2020 NFL season gets underway, Michael J. Matt reads an open letter written in 2016 by retired

Marine Col. Jeffery Powers to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, which has recently reappeared on social

media. Powers is a decorated veteran of the Gulf War. He retired from the U.S. Marine Corps achieving the rank of

Colonel, and his letter resurfaced after the NFL announced plans to sanction kneeling for the anthem during

the 2020 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=8kcFR_uQwiw&feature=emb_l ogo

aboutime
09-11-2020, 08:59 PM
amen!

LongTermGuy
09-11-2020, 10:04 PM
Watery..eyes............................

KarlMarx
09-12-2020, 07:12 AM
A few NFL sponsors

Amazon

Campbell’s

Budweiser

USAA

Bridgestone

Castrol

Dannon

Fed Ex

Frito Lay

Lowes

Intuit

Marriott

Mars/Wrigley candy

Microsoft

Proctor and Gamble

Quaker

Rocket Mortgage

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2020, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=LongTermGuy;969140]
:salute:As the 2020 NFL season gets underway, Michael J. Matt reads an open letter written in 2016 by retired

Marine Col. Jeffery Powers to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, which has recently reappeared on social

media. Powers is a decorated veteran of the Gulf War. He retired from the U.S. Marine Corps achieving the rank of

Colonel, and his letter resurfaced after the NFL announced plans to sanction kneeling for the anthem during

the 2020 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=8kcFR_uQwiw&feature=emb_l ogo[COLOR=#030303][FONT=Roboto]

Good. Boycott those that sell out this nation. They have no excuse except their greed , cowardice and idiocy.
Neither of which are admirable attributes.
And yes what they are doing by kneeling is disrespecting those that fought for ,sacrificed so greatly and preserved this nation..-Tyr

jimnyc
09-12-2020, 10:34 AM
https://i.imgur.com/j7pZUoL.jpg

SassyLady
09-12-2020, 03:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/j7pZUoL.jpg

Can you sit out for a season of Steelers?

pete311
09-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Cancel culture!

Gunny
09-12-2020, 05:03 PM
A few NFL sponsors

Amazon

Campbell’s

Budweiser

USAA

Bridgestone

Castrol

Dannon

Fed Ex

Frito Lay

Lowes

Intuit

Marriott

Mars/Wrigley candy

Microsoft

Proctor and Gamble

Quaker

Rocket MortgageAs one who will boycott the crap out of anyone or anything at the slightest provocation, this is a tough list to crack. Kind of screwed boycotting some of them. Like the last 3.

Amazon's a tough one as well; however, I am well aware it is a front for Chinese manufacturing and use them only when I have to.

The NFL is easy to boycott. It sucked before all this counter culture, PC, disrespecting the Colors BS. Face it. too many drones out there to kill any professional sports. A sustained dent in revenue is the best anyone can hope for.

KarlMarx
09-12-2020, 06:18 PM
As one who will boycott the crap out of anyone or anything at the slightest provocation, this is a tough list to crack. Kind of screwed boycotting some of them. Like the last 3.

Amazon's a tough one as well; however, I am well aware it is a front for Chinese manufacturing and use them only when I have to.

The NFL is easy to boycott. It sucked before all this counter culture, PC, disrespecting the Colors BS. Face it. too many drones out there to kill any professional sports. A sustained dent in revenue is the best anyone can hope for.

Since I’m not a sports person, boycotting the NFL is easy. Some of their sponsors are hard for me as well.

The one that surprises me is USAA. They were founded to provide servicemen and service women with financial services. How they became a bunch of woke Zombies is beyond me.

SassyLady
09-12-2020, 06:24 PM
I only use Amazon, USAA and Lowes. I can just as easily go to Home Depot.

Been with USAA forever. However, only have insurance and credit card. Would be easy to move somewhere else. Will write letter to voice my opinion first.

As for Amazon .... been cutting way back but not weaned yet.

Gunny
09-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Since I’m not a sports person, boycotting the NFL is easy. Some of their sponsors are hard for me as well.

The one that surprises me is USAA. They were founded to provide servicemen and service women with financial services. How they became a bunch of woke Zombies is beyond me.They all have, but you kind of have to have one or the other. GEICO and Navy Federal Credit Union cater to the woke, PC bunch as well. Once they opened to the public instead of sticking with strictly Government employees, they all went to profit over service (personal, not military service).

I've been with Navy Federal Credit Union since you had to be an E-5 or deployed as a Marine to even walk in the door. It shows. I know when I walk in the door now that the employee that calls me "Gunnery Sergeant" instead of "gunny" has no idea who or what I am.

I am surprised though, like you, at USAA because I would think they would steer clear of controversy.

jimnyc
09-12-2020, 06:37 PM
Can you sit out for a season of Steelers?

I most certainly can and will if they jump on the bandwagon.

When and if I tune into any of the games, if I see a bunch of kneeling, I'm outta there. If by some chance the Steelers do as they have done - which was to join in arms and what not, but not during the anthem, then I may be good with things. I honestly gotta see how they handle it on national TV, what the team and players do, what they may place on the fields.... The Steelers, thus far, knowing on wood, haven't done anything during the anthem. I think other teams are getting the hint as are some individual players. The Dolphins released a video that they're gonna stay in the locker room rather than be used as pawns by the media and others. Ok, I can deal with that.

But again, if they make that damn first opening quarter to discuss this crap, or stadiums/fields/players are littered with any messages, they disrespect our flag... I have ZERO problem tuning out the season. While the Steelers have been decent, the NFL as a whole has pissed me off and the vibe is different right now anyway. They gotta win the fans back now, IMO.

LongTermGuy
09-12-2020, 06:41 PM
"....So I think there is a segment of the NFL executive council that does understand who the audience is. By the same token, there’s a lot of them that don’t.

And I think it’s true throughout the marketing departments of several major American corporations. I really believe that the NFL is like Pepsi or Coke or you pick your corporation.

They literally believe that Twitter is America. So if Twitter is upset at the cops, then corporate America thinks, “We gotta show we’re upset at the cops!”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/APP-091120-Andy-Reid.jpg

**Coach. You don’t need to put on that plastic shield and so forth. But, at any rate, the thing now to watch is to see how many players in last night’s game get infected, if any them do.

Because none of the players are wearing masks while they were playing. And as you know, there’s all kinds of contact in football. There’s body contact. There’s verbal contact.

There’s saliva contact, the projectiles — also known as spit. There’s all kinds of stuff going on down there.

The potential exchange of bodily fluids. (interruption) No. (interruption) No, no. (interruption) Well, it might

have happened in the hotel room the night before, but no. Guests are not allowed in the hotels now. The

travel restrictions for traveling parties in the NFL this season are really, really strict."

***Much More and excellent break down of whats happening...and why some companies choose to go with the BLM.. Marxist.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/09/11/an-opening-night-ratings-disaster-for-tone-deaf-nfl/

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/APP-061520-NFL-Kneeling.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/APP-091120-Chiefs-Arrowhead-1.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FBFB-102717-NFL.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/NFLFootballsFLAT_large.jpg

Gunny
09-12-2020, 06:44 PM
"....So I think there is a segment of the NFL executive council that does understand who the audience is. By the same token, there’s a lot of them that don’t.

And I think it’s true throughout the marketing departments of several major American corporations. I really believe that the NFL is like Pepsi or Coke or you pick your corporation.

They literally believe that Twitter is America. So if Twitter is upset at the cops, then corporate America thinks, “We gotta show we’re upset at the cops!”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/APP-091120-Andy-Reid.jpg

**Coach. You don’t need to put on that plastic shield and so forth. But, at any rate, the thing now to watch is to see how many players in last night’s game get infected, if any them do.

Because none of the players are wearing masks while they were playing. And as you know, there’s all kinds of contact in football. There’s body contact. There’s verbal contact.

There’s saliva contact, the projectiles — also known as spit. There’s all kinds of stuff going on down there.

The potential exchange of bodily fluids. (interruption) No. (interruption) No, no. (interruption) Well, it might

have happened in the hotel room the night before, but no. Guests are not allowed in the hotels now. The

travel restrictions for traveling parties in the NFL this season are really, really strict."

***Much More and excellent break down of whats happening...and why some companies choose to go with the BLM.. Marxist.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/09/11/an-opening-night-ratings-disaster-for-tone-deaf-nfl/

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/APP-061520-NFL-Kneeling.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/APP-091120-Chiefs-Arrowhead-1.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FBFB-102717-NFL.jpg
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/NFLFootballsFLAT_large.jpg

It will be interesting to see. School started here last week. For half the students:rolleyes:. Waiting to see something from that too.

SassyLady
09-13-2020, 01:40 AM
I most certainly can and will if they jump on the bandwagon.

When and if I tune into any of the games, if I see a bunch of kneeling, I'm outta there. If by some chance the Steelers do as they have done - which was to join in arms and what not, but not during the anthem, then I may be good with things. I honestly gotta see how they handle it on national TV, what the team and players do, what they may place on the fields.... The Steelers, thus far, knowing on wood, haven't done anything during the anthem. I think other teams are getting the hint as are some individual players. The Dolphins released a video that they're gonna stay in the locker room rather than be used as pawns by the media and others. Ok, I can deal with that.

But again, if they make that damn first opening quarter to discuss this crap, or stadiums/fields/players are littered with any messages, they disrespect our flag... I have ZERO problem tuning out the season. While the Steelers have been decent, the NFL as a whole has pissed me off and the vibe is different right now anyway. They gotta win the fans back now, IMO.
Even if Steelers don't participate in BLM crap you will be supporting opposing team if you watch. Right?

del
09-13-2020, 10:37 AM
With respect, I served so people could choose to kneel, sit, stand or get a hot dog and a beer during the anthem.
I see no reason to change my position.

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 10:56 AM
With respect, I served so people could choose to kneel, sit, stand or get a hot dog and a beer during the anthem.
I see no reason to change my position.

That's cool, I can respect your decision from someone who has served. And thank you BTW.

But with respect as well, the fans around the nation watching also have that choice, to not tune in when and if they choose to kneel during the anthem. To not to tune in at all after that or to drop the NFL of ones list as a result. To not spend $$ on merchandise, tickets and programs to see their games. 2 ways street.

del
09-13-2020, 11:42 AM
That's cool, I can respect your decision from someone who has served. And thank you BTW.

But with respect as well, the fans around the nation watching also have that choice, to not tune in when and if they choose to kneel during the anthem. To not to tune in at all after that or to drop the NFL of ones list as a result. To not spend $$ on merchandise, tickets and programs to see their games. 2 ways street.

Sure do, and I have no plans to disparage them for doing so. Disagreeing without being disagreeable is pretty easy.

Personally, I'll be hitting Lowes at halftime. Need some parts to replace a gutter and everything is dead around here when the Pats are playing.

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 11:52 AM
Sure do, and I have no plans to disparage them for doing so. Disagreeing without being disagreeable is pretty easy.

Personally, I'll be hitting Lowes at halftime. Need some parts to replace a gutter and everything is dead around here when the Pats are playing.

That's great!! I just save money on jerseys and tickets and other shit for now. Helps if I hit Home Depot! No Lowe's near me, oddly.

You just local to the Pats, or also a Patriots fan? Wanna know if I need to hate you or not. :laugh:

Was out in Pittsburgh a few times. Same thing, Sunday game is on and folks are either at the game, home watching or at a bar. Roads, highways, everything seemed to shut down for the game. Definitely a good time to shop.

del
09-13-2020, 11:59 AM
That's great!! I just save money on jerseys and tickets and other shit for now. Helps if I hit Home Depot! No Lowe's near me, oddly.

You just local to the Pats, or also a Patriots fan? Wanna know if I need to hate you or not. :laugh:

Was out in Pittsburgh a few times. Same thing, Sunday game is on and folks are either at the game, home watching or at a bar. Roads, highways, everything seemed to shut down for the game. Definitely a good time to shop.

I was born and raised here, but I'm old enough that I'm mostly a NYG fan. Chris Schenkel, Y.A. Tittle, Jim Katcavage etc.

My wife is a big Pats fan, though. She made me take her to a Pats game in Miami a couple years ago- Miracle in Miami game they lost on the last play lol

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 12:24 PM
I was born and raised here, but I'm old enough that I'm mostly a NYG fan. Chris Schenkel, Y.A. Tittle, Jim Katcavage etc.

My wife is a big Pats fan, though. She made me take her to a Pats game in Miami a couple years ago- Miracle in Miami game they lost on the last play lol

Oh shit, almost as hated then! LOL I was born and raised in NJ and got so sick and tired of Giants and Jets. My oldest brother is a huge Dolphins fan, so they aren't bad, and don't often harm my Steelers. :)

Tittle & Katcavage, you gotta be around 115yrs old if I had to guess. :laugh: I kid I kid. But not your modern player, that's for sure!

Yup, saw that one - but IMO this was the miracle play I think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUHqAxXjSs8

Abbey Marie
09-13-2020, 12:28 PM
Kneeling or not doesn’t even matter to me anymore. I’ve heard enough NFL pandering and apologies for being white to turn them off for good. We won’t even put the TV on during game times lest we be counted as viewers.

I like this excerpt:

Abbey Marie
09-13-2020, 12:41 PM
I have been as guilty of this as anyone. I remember our daughter telling us she can’t believe people are willing to give a pass to Ray Rice. I’m embarrassed to admit that I was ready and hoping he’d still play just so I could draft him for my fantasy team. But for me now, the worm has turned, as they say.

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 12:58 PM
I have been as guilty of this as anyone. I remember our daughter telling us she can’t believe people are willing to give a pass to Ray Rice. I’m embarrassed to admit that I was ready and hoping he’d still play just so I could draft him for my fantasy team. But for me now, the worm has turned, as they say.

Oh yeah, same here with many players over the years, usually with lesser crimes. :(

I'm sure I'll do similar in the years to come - but not when it comes to disrespecting the nation or our flag.

del
09-13-2020, 02:08 PM
Call me crazy, but I think there's a little bit of a difference between excusing felony behavior (Rice, Vicks, Lewis) and being okay with players exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

The weird thing about the game I'm watching is the empty stadium with piped in crowd sounds.

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Call me crazy, but I think there's a little bit of a difference between excusing felony behavior (Rice, Vicks, Lewis) and being okay with players exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

As pointed out. While Abbey and I admitted to allowing others in the past to slip by with certain crimes - no one even remotely stated that there isn't a difference.

And yes, they are entitled to their 1st amendment rights, they are also under contract and working under someone else's dime as they do this. And while they are under contract and being paid at that time, they are being paid VERY well.

And while they have those rights, all NFL fans in the nation have the right to their 1st amendment rights, and the right to not purchase things that go towards their salaries, and the right to tune out of games. Which is what I'm doing for starters, hence me in my computer room posting now instead of down in the LR by my new 4k tv!

The weird thing about the game I'm watching is the empty stadium with piped in crowd sounds.

I read a story and then watched highlights of the Thurdsay night game and Kansas City. They scored on a TD pass from Mahomes, and the response from the crowd was just as loud as usual, if not more. I immediately wondered the same thing as I think there was 17,000 fans. :dunno:

I can understand it from a business perspective to an extent but they underestimate their fans.

LongTermGuy
09-13-2020, 03:54 PM
Kneeling or not doesn’t even matter to me anymore. I’ve heard enough NFL pandering and apologies for being white to turn them off for good. We won’t even put the TV on during game times lest we be counted as viewers.

I like this excerpt:

Good stuff Abbey!!