PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bloomberg Pledges $100 Million to Flip Florida for Joe Biden

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 11:40 AM
What the hell, what's another $100 million on top of the $936,225,041.67 million wasted on his own campaign. :laugh: I guess he wants to go over the $1 billion mark!

---

Mike Bloomberg Pledges $100 Million to Flip Florida for Joe Biden

Billionaire and failed Democrat presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg pledged to spend at least $100 million to flip Florida in favor of former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a report released on Sunday.

The Washington Post reported Bloomberg hopes, according to his adviser Howard Wolfson, to encourage early voting to “give lie to what we expect to be Trump’s election night messaging that Democrats are stealing the election, because unlike other battleground states, Florida counts its absentee ballots on or by Election Day.”

Capturing Florida during the 2020 presidential election would give Biden a sizeable boost over President Donald Trump.

The Cook Political Report changed the prediction for Florida towards Trump, as the Report altered the state’s rating from “leans Democratic” to “toss up.” Many recent polls in Florida have shown the race for the state tightening between Biden and Trump.

Bloomberg’s $100 million commitment to help Biden take Florida arises as Hawkfish, an analytic firm funded by Bloomberg, claimed that Trump would likely appear to win the 2020 presidential election on Election Day, but may lose once mail-in and absentee ballots are counted.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/13/mike-bloomberg-pledges-100-million-to-flip-florida-for-joe-biden/

del
09-13-2020, 11:46 AM
Florida is basically a dead heat right now.

$100MM could seal the deal for Biden, especially since Trump is supposedly broke.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_biden-6841.html

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 11:54 AM
Florida is basically a dead heat right now.

$100MM could seal the deal for Biden, especially since Trump is supposedly broke.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_biden-6841.html

Yup, and it could certainly put him over the top. When Trump won Florida in 2016, that's around when it felt like the deal was sealed.

While Biden did get a damn good bounce after Harris was announced, and since, I don't think Trump is broke. But I would believe he's behind in raising money.

del
09-13-2020, 12:04 PM
Yup, and it could certainly put him over the top. When Trump won Florida in 2016, that's around when it felt like the deal was sealed.

While Biden did get a damn good bounce after Harris was announced, and since, I don't think Trump is broke. But I would believe he's behind in raising money.

It does seem hard to believe, but when your campaign manager is buying Ferraris, there might be some leakage going on.

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 12:28 PM
It does seem hard to believe, but when your campaign manager is buying Ferraris, there might be some leakage going on.

Or someone is wealthy?

Also gotta wonder when a couple of folks go on a trip abroad, and then one of them makes millions as a result of that trip. And then they take another trip abroad, and that same person makes millions again.

I wonder if I can get a ride along with them?

del
09-13-2020, 01:52 PM
Or someone is wealthy?

Also gotta wonder when a couple of folks go on a trip abroad, and then one of them makes millions as a result of that trip. And then they take another trip abroad, and that same person makes millions again.
I wonder if I can get a ride along with them?o

Which trip would that be? I'd go too.

FWIW, I just watched a Trump commercial- if he's buying time in Massachusetts, he's definitely doing it wrong :laugh:

Nixon had a better chance here

jimnyc
09-13-2020, 02:20 PM

FWIW, I just watched a Trump commercial- if he's buying time in Massachusetts, he's definitely doing it wrong :laugh:

Nixon had a better chance here

CEFC and Burisma for starters, China and Ukraine. And Joe's threat and video as well.

As for Massachusetts, I would normally say that every state and electorate is worthy of trying to win - but when you're down 38 points, and no one else took Mass since Reagan, and Eisenhower before him... yeah, might just be a tad better off saving the money for elsewhere. :laugh:

Louisiana, Mississippi and Indiana seem to be firmly on Trump's side in the 12-15pt lead range on the other side of the coin, and Biden shouldn't spend too much on those states.

del
09-13-2020, 04:38 PM
CEFC and Burisma for starters, China and Ukraine. And Joe's threat and video as well.

As for Massachusetts, I would normally say that every state and electorate is worthy of trying to win - but when you're down 38 points, and no one else took Mass since Reagan, and Eisenhower before him... yeah, might just be a tad better off saving the money for elsewhere. :laugh:

Louisiana, Mississippi and Indiana seem to be firmly on Trump's side in the 12-15pt lead range on the other side of the coin, and Biden shouldn't spend too much on those states.

He probably isn't. After looking at the evidence, I think the Burisma/China/Hunter Biden stuff is Russian agitprop and not believable.
YMMV

Gunny
09-13-2020, 06:49 PM

Nixon had a better chance hereNixon won there. Just saying.

Russ
09-13-2020, 07:59 PM
Aren’t there supposed to be some limits on how much money one person can donate to a political campaign? Wouldn’t $100 Million be above the limit?

del
09-13-2020, 10:57 PM
Nixon won there. Just saying.

Not in 1960 against Kennedy. Not in 1968 against Humphrey. Most definitely not in 1972 against McGovern.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mcgovern.png

Just sayin'

Gunny
09-14-2020, 06:11 PM
Not in 1960 against Kennedy. Not in 1968 against Humphrey. Most definitely not in 1972 against McGovern.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mcgovern.png

Just sayin'My bad. I knew he lost one loser state. I thought it was a different bunch of losers.

jimnyc
09-25-2020, 09:25 PM
He probably isn't. After looking at the evidence, I think the Burisma/China/Hunter Biden stuff is Russian agitprop and not believable.
YMMV

Still not believable my ass.

Gunny
09-26-2020, 08:06 AM
Still not believable my ass.Would this Bloomberg crap not be considered election tampering? You know, that thing the Dems spent half this past Administration trying to pin on Trump?

Purchasing votes with cash is purchasing votes with cash from MY OP.

jimnyc
09-26-2020, 08:38 AM
Would this Bloomberg crap not be considered election tampering? You know, that thing the Dems spent half this past Administration trying to pin on Trump?

Purchasing votes with cash is purchasing votes with cash from MY OP.

That, and the involvement of the FBI & CIA, lead by corrupt democrats...

Black Diamond
09-26-2020, 12:43 PM
How many millions did Bloomberg spend in the primaries and how many votes did he get?

jimnyc
09-26-2020, 02:56 PM
How many millions did Bloomberg spend in the primaries and how many votes did he get?

like 7-800 million, and like 7 votes?

Gunny
09-28-2020, 08:15 PM
like 7-800 million, and like 7 votes?:laugh: