PDA

View Full Version : Motor Trend Names Redesigned Chevrolet Silverado 2007 Truck Of The Year

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Chevrolet Wins with "Everybody's All-American"

LOS ANGELES, CA (December 19, 2006) -- Motor Trend (www.motortrend.com), the world's automotive authority and part of PRIMEDIA's (NYSE: PRM) Consumer Automotive Group, announced today that the redesigned Chevrolet Silverado is its 2007 Truck of the Year(TM). The complete report on Motor Trend's 2007 Truck of the Year will be published in the February issue, available on newsstands January 2, 2007.

"The Silverado impressed us most of all because it is a great reworking of an iconic American vehicle," said Angus MacKenzie, editor in chief of Motor Trend. "The Chevy pick up truck has been a part of the American automotive landscape for decades. This Silverado takes it into the twenty-first century."

MacKenzie said the 2007 Silverado is leaps ahead of the vehicle it is replacing, citing a number of measurable improvements in refinement and fuel-economy, such as a 5.3 liter V-8 engine that can shift into V-4 mode for greater mileage per gallon, and an optional interior that offers near-luxury car levels of comfort and equipment. The Motor Trend team also noted a tremendous improvement in perceived quality throughout the new Silverado. The use of upscale materials and thoughtful design details mean the new Silverado now beats some SUVs in terms of fit and finish.

General Motors engineers haven't forgotten the Silverado often works for a living. The new model offers a choice of cab and bed sizes, plus suspensions and drive trains, to suit a variety of applications. Developed in conjunction with GM's new GMT900 SUVs, the new Silverado remains truck-tough under its classy sheet metal.

MacKenzie added, "The Silverado offers traditional values people want in a pick-up - it's rugged, durable and versatile, but it's also stylish and comfortable. GM has done a good job in understanding that these trucks are not just for work but also for recreation, and it's done a great job in maintaining the Silverado's reputation for value - prices have only increased about $300 on most models."

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_of_the_year_media/index.html

darin
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
The only reason the F150 didn't get it was because it's already fantastic - the Chevy showed the most improvement :)

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
The only reason the F150 didn't get it was because it's already fantastic - the Chevy showed the most improvement :)

I believe the Ford F-150 is still the best selling PU on the market. But, I'd rather PUSH my CHEVY than DRIVE a FORD! :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
01-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I believe the Ford F-150 is still the best selling PU on the market. But, I'd rather PUSH my CHEVY than DRIVE a FORD! :laugh:

I'll take either one. My first suv ('87 bronco II) was a ford, and my dad has always owned fords (latest purchase was my step-mom's 2005 'stang cobra-aw yeah!) so they will always have a place in my driveway. But then the dear old hubby bought a '99 Silverado a year before we got married, and I found that I liked that truck as well. So I guess both of them have their charms as well as their plus' and minus'. I was happy to see that a foreigner didn't win.

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 06:37 PM
I'll take either one. My first suv ('87 bronco II) was a ford, and my dad has always owned fords (latest purchase was my step-mom's 2005 'stang cobra-aw yeah!) so they will always have a place in my driveway. But then the dear old hubby bought a '99 Silverado a year before we got married, and I found that I liked that truck as well. So I guess both of them have their charms as well as their plus' and minus'. I was happy to see that a foreigner didn't win.

Yeah a year or two ago it was the Nissan Titan, which I like. But, I sure am glad to see Chevy take this award again. It was in need of some changes. I have a '97 Silverado, and I like it a lot. If it was any more plush I wouldn't want to get in it. Especially after a day of wrenching.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge, they all make a nice truck. Which one you like is pretty much just a personal decision. I've owned seven Chevy trucks, and liked every one of them. Even the rusted out backwoods beaters.

darin
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM

Fine - You'll likely get LOTS of opportunity to PUSH your chevy.

Ford Powah!

:D

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/16/f150ftlewis4.jpg

(yes...even Old Skewl Ford... :D)

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Fine - You'll likely get LOTS of opportunity to PUSH your chevy.

Ford Powah!

:D

(yes...even Old Skewl Ford... :D)

I hope you didn't have too much of a hard time getting that thing unstuck. Did a Chevy pull you out? ;) :D

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Here was an ANIMAL! I bought this old backwoods beater for $400. 1980 Chevy 3/4 ton, 4X4. It had a 350 c.i. small block, Eldelbrock dual plane intake with a Holley 500 cfm vacuum secondarie carb, Doug Thorley headers, 4.56:1 gears with a factory locker in the rear, and a T.H. 400 trans. Ran like a top, and was crazy powerful. Sold it for $1,200 to some kid that went crazy for it.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1769/trucks0012ir2.jpg