PDA

View Full Version : Manchin on Violent Protests: ‘This Is Happening Under President Donald Trump’s Watch’

jimnyc
09-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Happening "Under Trump's watch - Stop blaming democrats - It's not Biden's watch or anyone else's"

Bullshit. If Trump had his way he was going to go in and assist. But that idea was quickly and rightfully shot down and he was reminded that the states control their own decisions. So they stepped up to the plate - and talked of peace and a summer of love. Pulled back any authorities and limited their response as much as possible. Started lowering funding to them in areas and talk of much worse. Zero support. Loads of badmouthing from those in charge. Set out there with expectations but with limitations. And it was a complete failure in all respects. THEY failed, the governors and mayors of the hard hit areas. Many thought better to join in a battle with Trump on twitter than to do the right thing. And when things exploded in their faces - it's Trumps fault.

These are just a bunch of the mayors in those areas.

Minneapolis – Democrat Mayor – Jacob Frey
Atlanta – Democrat Mayor – Keisha Lance Bottoms
Seattle – Democrat Mayor – Jenny Durkan
NYC – Democrat Mayor – Bill de Blasio
Washington, DC – Democrat Mayor – Muriel Bowser
Los Angeles – Democrat Mayor – Eric Garcetti
Chicago - Democrat Mayor - Lori Lightfoot
Portland - Democrat Mayor - Ted Wheeler

---

Manchin on Violent Protests: ‘This Is Happening Under President Donald Trump’s Watch’ — ‘Not Joe Biden’s Watch’

Sunday on MSNBC’s “Kasie DC,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) weighed in on the ongoing protests around the United States in the name of social justice, some of which have turned violent.

Manchin pushed back against President Donald Trump’s “law and order” messaging heading into the 2020 presidential election, emphasizing that the violent protests are happening “under Donald Trump’s watch.” The Democratic lawmaker out of West Virginia advised Trump to quit blaming Democrats for everything.

“I know you’re going to talk about all of the violence happening in the country,” Manchin told host Kasie Hunt. “This is happening under President Donald Trump’s watch. It’s not Joe Biden’s watch or anybody else’s watch. So, if he’s going to be law and order, what the president is out saying now, ‘law and order,’ Mr. President do it before this all happened. You know, bring people together.”

“You know, he blames every Democrat — it’s all our faults,” he added. “I can assure you, Mr. President, I want to work with you. I’ve tried to work with you, but I believe every time something goes wrong, you want to blame a Democrat no matter who they might be is the wrong approach to take. We’re in this together.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/13/manchin-on-violent-protests-this-is-happening-under-donald-trumps-watch-not-joe-bidens/

del
09-14-2020, 02:15 PM
Who's president?
Hint_ starts with a T

That's whose watch it is, no one else's.

Abbey Marie
09-14-2020, 03:30 PM
And just recently Cuomo told Trump he’d better bring an army if he plans to visit NYC. And when he suggested sending the National Guard, Dems and Dem mayors told him no way. Yeah, clearly it’s Trump’s fault.

:rolleyes:

aboutime
09-14-2020, 03:30 PM
Manchun is a DINO/RINO when it suits him. The Entire Democrat Party...DNC, NAACP, ANTIFA,BLM, and the SNOWFLAKE WORLD RUN BY THE FAKE NEWS IDIOTS are all MENTALLY DISTURBED beyone any TDS. They hate themselves, and BLAME Everybody else for their IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY.

jimnyc
09-14-2020, 03:58 PM
Who's president?
Hint_ starts with a T

If there is violence or rioting somewhere, it's up to the local law enforcement to handle. Just a few were listed and there are many more.

Do you think it's a good idea if Trump ignores what governors or mayors state, and what power they have? And he takes over the states involved and sends in the guard or other help?

Should the mayors/governors who told Trump 'no thanks' allow and or invite him in?

These states and governors/mayors that told Trump no, were they somehow stripped of their powers when this all happened? Did they have authority over the police? Did they have authority to pull the police back at any time? Or the power to allowed gatherings to exist for nights on end, or more?

What power, if any, did the governors and mayors have within their own states when this took place? And what, if any, power was taken away from them just prior or during these events?

How do you think it should have been handled? Or how would you would have handled it differently?

pete311
09-14-2020, 04:02 PM
If there is violence or rioting somewhere, it's up to the local law enforcement to handle. Just a few were listed and there are many more.

Do you think it's a good idea if Trump ignores what governors or mayors state, and what power they have? And he takes over the states involved and sends in the guard or other help?

Should the mayors/governors who told Trump 'no thanks' allow and or invite him in?

These states and governors/mayors that told Trump no, were they somehow stripped of their powers when this all happened? Did they have authority over the police? Did they have authority to pull the police back at any time? Or the power to allowed gatherings to exist for nights on end, or more?

What power, if any, did the governors and mayors have within their own states when this took place? And what, if any, power was taken away from them just prior or during these events?

How do you think it should have been handled? Or how would you would have handled it differently?

If it's up to local enforcement why is DHS sending in federal goon squads?

jimnyc
09-14-2020, 04:20 PM

Unfortunately you are correct, it is up to local law enforcement. The major failures behind that caused the "goon squads" and "stormtroopers", who also had their hands tied.

The fault here lies with those pulling enforcement back and denying other enforcement. Those denying the use of forms of crowd control and necessary tools. Those not supporting the very people they send out there. The failures are on quite a few levels here.

Gunny
09-14-2020, 05:21 PM
Happening "Under Trump's watch - Stop blaming democrats - It's not Biden's watch or anyone else's"

Bullshit. If Trump had his way he was going to go in and assist. But that idea was quickly and rightfully shot down and he was reminded that the states control their own decisions. So they stepped up to the plate - and talked of peace and a summer of love. Pulled back any authorities and limited their response as much as possible. Started lowering funding to them in areas and talk of much worse. Zero support. Loads of badmouthing from those in charge. Set out there with expectations but with limitations. And it was a complete failure in all respects. THEY failed, the governors and mayors of the hard hit areas. Many thought better to join in a battle with Trump on twitter than to do the right thing. And when things exploded in their faces - it's Trumps fault.

---

Manchin on Violent Protests: ‘This Is Happening Under President Donald Trump’s Watch’ — ‘Not Joe Biden’s Watch’

Sunday on MSNBC’s “Kasie DC,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) weighed in on the ongoing protests around the United States in the name of social justice, some of which have turned violent.

Manchin pushed back against President Donald Trump’s “law and order” messaging heading into the 2020 presidential election, emphasizing that the violent protests are happening “under Donald Trump’s watch.” The Democratic lawmaker out of West Virginia advised Trump to quit blaming Democrats for everything.

“I know you’re going to talk about all of the violence happening in the country,” Manchin told host Kasie Hunt. “This is happening under President Donald Trump’s watch. It’s not Joe Biden’s watch or anybody else’s watch. So, if he’s going to be law and order, what the president is out saying now, ‘law and order,’ Mr. President do it before this all happened. You know, bring people together.”

“You know, he blames every Democrat — it’s all our faults,” he added. “I can assure you, Mr. President, I want to work with you. I’ve tried to work with you, but I believe every time something goes wrong, you want to blame a Democrat no matter who they might be is the wrong approach to take. We’re in this together.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/13/manchin-on-violent-protests-this-is-happening-under-donald-trumps-watch-not-joe-bidens/Lame. So is anyone that agrees with it.

I'll leave it there rather than deal with the bursting Pampers of the rightly offended.

aboutime
09-14-2020, 05:25 PM

You say you are smart? Then you know the answer to your own question. Local enforcement is controlled by PURE DEMOCRAT RUN Administrations from Dog Catcher to Mayor, and Gov. That's what keeps people like you HAPPIER THAN A CRAP EATIN' DOG. As long as your "D" liars are in control. They won't allow DHS or the Feds to enter their RAT infested Cheating Villages to upset the POWER STRUCTURE of ANTIFA fans.

Gunny
09-14-2020, 05:45 PM
You say you are smart? Then you know the answer to your own question. Local enforcement is controlled by PURE DEMOCRAT RUN Administrations from Dog Catcher to Mayor, and Gov. That's what keeps people like you HAPPIER THAN A CRAP EATIN' DOG. As long as your "D" liars are in control. They won't allow DHS or the Feds to enter their RAT infested Cheating Villages to upset the POWER STRUCTURE of ANTIFA fans. I've been calling for Federal troops -- and I don't mean Fed cops -- for months, at every turn. I'll give them their wet dream to be offended by the right. Restoration of good order and discipline at gunpoint. Hunt down every mother's son and throw them under the jail, and that includes some elected officials.

This BS has gone on long enough. Then you got some dirtbag like this Manchin blaming the President for the failure in leadership at the State and local level. I'm at least only blaming him for not stomping the shit out with an iron hand. I'm tired of this Nation being dictated to by a bunch of unconstitutional, leftwing, brain dead pussies.

SassyLady
09-14-2020, 06:19 PM
Who's president?
Hint_ starts with a T

As pointed out above ... every city on fire is under the "watch" of dem mayors. Do you deny that?

SassyLady
09-14-2020, 06:20 PM

---

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/13/manchin-on-violent-protests-this-is-happening-under-donald-trumps-watch-not-joe-bidens/

And, aren't all those cities in Democrat run states?

Kathianne
09-14-2020, 06:28 PM
The 'peaceful protesters' were attacking federal officers and property. The National Guard are not 'goon squads.' They are your neighbors and fellow citizens.

KarlMarx
09-15-2020, 05:09 AM
We have a Federalist form of government. The federal government is not responsible for riots in Los Angeles, or anywhere else. That is the responsibility of the states and cities. However, according to Section 4 of Article IV of the Constitution, the feds can get involved if the state and local government refuse to act. I think the Insurrection Act will be invoked in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2020, 08:57 AM
We have a Federalist form of government. The federal government is not responsible for riots in Los Angeles, or anywhere else. That is the responsibility of the states and cities. However, according to Section 4 of Article IV of the Constitution, the feds can get involved if the state and local government refuse to act. I think the Insurrection Act will be invoked in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sooner the better.
Arrest those damn governors and those damn mayors as in aiding and abetting the the insurrectionists/criminals..-Tyr

del
09-15-2020, 10:27 AM

I'm just curious how one is so sure that this will happen under Biden, that he will be responsible for it, but it is happening under Trump right now and somehow he bears no responsibility for anything, ever.

Tis a puzzler.

jimnyc
09-15-2020, 10:30 AM
I'm just curious how one is so sure that this will happen under Biden, that he will be responsible for it, but it is happening under Trump right now and somehow he bears no responsibility for anything, ever.

Tis a puzzler.

Avoid everything of course.

No thanks, no bait taken. Obvious you prefer one liner crap and no desire to discuss anything.

Peace.

del
09-15-2020, 11:31 AM
Avoid everything of course.

No thanks, no bait taken. Obvious you prefer one liner crap and no desire to discuss anything.

Peace.
I prefer not to chase down hypothetical rabbit holes about what I'd do if I were president.

It's a good way to distract, though.
Bon chance