PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Pass Resolution Condemning Terms Such As ‘Chinese Virus’ and ‘Kung-Flu’

jimnyc
09-18-2020, 01:11 PM
Not like a billion other illnesses weren't named based on their origination. :rolleyes:

These people are pathetic. No time to get jack shit done or do a damn thing bipartisan - but sure do love their investigations to never never land and back.

---

Democrats Pass Resolution Condemning Terms Such As ‘Chinese Virus’ and ‘Kung-Flu’

Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution Thursday condemning terms such as “Chinese virus” used to describe the coronavirus as a form of “anti-Asian sentiment,” the Blaze reported.

“It passed in a mostly party-line vote of 243 to 163 with 14 Republicans voting with the Democratic majority in favor,” the outlet stated.

However, all other Republicans voted against the resolution.

The Blaze article continued:

The text specifically cites the phrases “Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu” as examples of “anti-Asian terminology and rhetoric” that has “perpetuated anti-Asian stigma” in the United States. It calls on lawmakers to denounce anti-Asian sentiment in any form, as well as “all manifestations of expressions of racism, xenophobia, discrimination, anti-Asian sentiment, scapegoating, and ethnic or religious intolerance."

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/09/18/democrats-pass-resolution-condemning-terms-such-chinese-virus-kung-flu/

SassyLady
09-18-2020, 01:59 PM
I suppose they will also pass legislation rewriting history by changing name of Spanish Flu. Wouldn't want to offend the Hispanic voters.

jimnyc
09-18-2020, 02:06 PM
Spanish Flu, West Nile Virus, Zika, Ebola, Guinea Worm, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease, Ross River Fever, Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Valley Fever, Marburg Virus Disease, Norovirus, Japanese Encephalitis, German Measles, Lassa Fever...

That was one page I peeked at - all viruses named after a location.

Black Diamond
09-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Spanish Flu, West Nile Virus, Zika, Ebola, Guinea Worm, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease, Ross River Fever, Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Valley Fever, Marburg Virus Disease, Norovirus, Japanese Encephalitis, German Measles, Lassa Fever...

That was one page I peeked at - all viruses named after a location.

Omsk lives matter. Let's not be bigots against Russians.

KarlMarx
09-18-2020, 02:18 PM
Why stop there? The following list of things we should rename so they won’t offend anyone

1. Chinese Checkers
2. Spanish rice
3. Indian Summer
4. Black holes
5. French Vanilla
6. English muffins
7. Russian roulette
8. German Shepherd
9. Italian Ice
10. Japanese Beatles
11. Swedish Meatballs
12. Persian rugs
13. Scottish Terrier
14. Irish Setter
15. Siamese cat
16. Norwegian Apple Pie
17. Asian Giant Hornet
18. Columbian Coffee Beans
19. Hawaiian Punch
20. Danish butter cookies
21. Snow white and the 7 dwarfs

Black Diamond
09-18-2020, 02:27 PM
Why stop there? The following list of things we should rename so they won’t offend anyone

1. Chinese Checkers
2. Spanish rice
3. Indian Summer
4. Black holes
5. French Vanilla
6. English muffins
7. Russian roulette
8. German Shepherd
9. Italian Ice
10. Japanese Beatles
11. Swedish Meatballs
12. Persian rugs
13. Scottish Terrier
14. Irish Setter
15. Siamese cat
16. Norwegian Apple Pie
17. Asian Giant Hornet
18. Columbian Coffee Beans
19. Hawaiian Punch
20. Danish butter cookies
21. Snow white and the 7 dwarfs

Eventually they might all go.

SassyLady
09-18-2020, 05:05 PM
Eventually they might all go.

Darn, I really like my Texas Toast.

Black Diamond
09-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Darn, I really like my Texas Toast.

Anti Texan. I won't tell Gunny

SassyLady
09-18-2020, 05:36 PM
Anti Texan. I won't tell Gunny
I'm aTexan so it's not cultural approbation, right?

But I do play Chinese checkers, and like Spanish rice, and a few of those other things on the list, so I'm sure I'm guilty if some type of racism.
:slap: :cheers2:

Kathianne
09-18-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm aTexan so it's not cultural approbation, right?

But I do play Chinese checkers, and like Spanish rice, and a few of those other things on the list, so I'm sure I'm guilty if some type of racism.
:slap: :cheers2:
Privileged. :laugh:

SassyLady
09-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Privileged. :laugh:

:cool:

aboutime
09-18-2020, 05:49 PM
They cannot stop WE THE PEOPLE from calling anything, or speaking any words they don't like. I Guess AOC and Company with Mamma Nancy forgot or Still Haven't Heard..............

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Ceu7Y84uB_PEIZi7fUwzzm2hbUVY9jfsog61F1b-cFslc1zffPdKf9iIhLGJIooBhBn3NW2ydtid-a57fWBxd98mzpGR5saAYwCVZZ8PkcC_9X9jovNjXB_kH__XW-oVggYlCGDSBvzj

SO...to let them know how dumb they are. This is for Congress.Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu”
Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu” Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu” Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu”
“Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu” as examples of “anti-Asian terminology and rhetoric” that has “perpetuated anti-Asian stigma” in the United States. It calls on lawmakers to denounce anti-Asian sentiment in any form, as well as “all manifestations of expressions of racism, xenophobia, discrimination, anti-Asian sentiment, scapegoating, and ethnic or religious intolerance."
And don't forget.....Chinese Virus,” “Wuhan Virus,” and “Kung-flu”