PDA

View Full Version : the rules

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:13 PM
I really wish people here would follow them.

Please remember, this system determines a members reputation on the board. It is not a popularity contest, nor is it a means of retribution. It should reflect a members posting ability, not whether or not you agree or disagree with a post. Use the system as intended and the results will be much more accurate. Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to look into complaints of abuse, and correct accordingly.

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 04:14 PM

Please remember, this system determines a members reputation on the board. It is not a popularity contest, nor is it a means of retribution. It should reflect a members posting ability, not whether or not you agree or disagree with a post. Use the system as intended and the results will be much more accurate. Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to look into complaints of abuse, and correct accordingly.

Why is this being placed in the religion section? Why is a staff member not being sent a PM if you have an issue?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM

you have no posting ability....there is no way you should have green squares.....it is all i can do not to ding every post you make....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I was just hoping people would start beig fair and I did not want to point any fingers.

I was trying to appeal to peoples better behavior.

I will never use the red squares.

I just think it is really unfair when people use them like I understood they were not to be used.

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I was just hoping people would start beig fair and I did not want to point any fingers.

I just think it is really unfair when people use them like I understood they were not to be used.

Just because you don't use them doesn't mean others can't. Maybe you misunderstand the rules? Wouldn't surprise me since you're starting threads about the rules instead of handling via PM with a staff member...

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
This is a moral issue

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM

:lol: see this is a really bad post and should be dinged......

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
This is a moral issue

but i am a conservative and have no morals......

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
This is a moral issue

Moral? Because you're angry that you were given a negative reputation? Please, get a grip.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Please remember, this system determines a members reputation on the board. It is not a popularity contest, nor is it a means of retribution. It should reflect a members posting ability, not whether or not you agree or disagree with a post. Use the system as intended and the results will be much more accurate. Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to look into complaints of abuse, and correct accordingly.[/QUOTE]

these are the rules.

I wish people would follow them

Kathianne
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
This is a moral issue

Disagreeing with you and making it known via rep is moral issue? Give me a break. I don't, but don't cry about those that do. I'm often a recipient.

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
This may be a good time to remind people that rep comments are not to be discussed in public.

...reputation comments should be treated as private, and therefore comments left should not be discussed on the board.

Which was the next sentence to, and was left out of, truthmatters rule-quoting above.

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM

And again, why haven't you followed proper recourse if you have an issue? Thus far, the only issue I see is someone opening a thread instead of handling something that the rules state should be done via PM.

Why do you hate rules so much?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
And again, why haven't you followed proper recourse if you have an issue? Thus far, the only issue I see is someone opening a thread instead of handling something that the rules state should be done via PM.

Why do you hate rules so much?

her rules are just fine.....yours suck.....:poke:

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
her rules are just fine.....yours suck.....:poke:

Why must you be so black and white?

Why can't you discuss content?

Why don't you answer the questions?

(Bush did it).

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Why must you be so black and white?

Why can't you discuss content?

Why don't you answer the questions?

(Bush did it).

damn girl .... spot on....:laugh2:

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
This may be a good time to remind people that rep comments are not to be discussed in public.

Which was the next sentence to, and was left out of, truthmatters rule-quoting above.

hmm, I just read the meaning of that as discussing a negative or even a positive rep that an individual person gives you, not a discussion "in general" of the Rep Rules or repping manerisms?

I have seen quite a few posts on repping??? Quite a few of them Abbey...?

And I did not know that rule, I need to read them!!!! I have done this, made a direct comment about a personal negative rep, and MORE than once! :eek:

jd

09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Truth, no one is dinging you for what you say. its all about how you say it.

For example, How many times has Jimmy pointed out that you have countless spelling errors. You can't go back and atleast fix some of them?

How many times have you just ignored what people say to you only to repost you're already refuted argument?

How many times have you asked for sources for arguments when they are based on the original story in the thread?

These arent "I disagree with you so im dinging you" points. These are all style issues.

Ive dinged very few people. But when i do its usually because of outrageous comments or death threats. Incivility should and is dinged. If you dont like that try being civil.

Said1
09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
This is a moral issue

:lol:

emmett
09-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Yes, TM is repiticious. Aggrevating! Spells as bad as I do and does not make many (any) good points. That is no reason to gang up on her. That is mean! She is a child, y'all are grown ups (right?), bend your knees and have some fun. Ease up! All of you have discussed rep before on threads that had nothing to do with it by the way.

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey, TM! Would your own buddy JD not be breaking the very rules you're complaining about? Shouldn't you be calling for her ban, or her ability to rep being removed from her on the grounds that she's abusing it, and not repping for content, but mere spite?

:dance:

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
LMFAO!!! I just saw this ended up in Conspiracy Theories..

So reppable, but I don't want to abuse the system. :D

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Yes, TM is repiticious. Aggrevating! Spells as bad as I do and does not make many (any) good points. That is no reason to gang up on her. That is mean! She is a child, y'all are grown ups (right?), bend your knees and have some fun. Ease up! All of you have discussed rep before on threads that had nothing to do with it by the way.

What age is the child?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM

she is an adult....if she can dish it...she can take it

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 05:36 PM
How about these rules, are they really followed?

Flaming - While in heated debates, we understand that it can become emotional and sometimes we let that get the better of us. The board will tolerate such outbursts to a degree. So long as it doesn't get out of hand, and become a habitual occurrence, it will be tolerated. If this is abused, the member will be issued a warning via PM and asked to refrain from further abuse. Sarcastic comments are not considered flaming. Not discussing the subject and attacking the poster in a nasty manner would be. We're all adults here, so let's again allow common sense to prevail here.

** I expect Staff to be held to a higher standard as they set the tone of our community. As I am asking them to take the high road and refrain from engaging members in 'flaming', members are asked to refrain from 'flaming' Staff. If you have an issue with board decisions, or a particular member of Staff, please PM an Admin. There will be very little tolerance for members that go out of their way to engage Staff in a manner unbecoming to the community. **

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
hmm, I just read the meaning of that as discussing a negative or even a positive rep that an individual person gives you, not a discussion "in general" of the Rep Rules or repping manerisms?

I have seen quite a few posts on repping??? Quite a few of them Abbey...?

And I did not know that rule, I need to read them!!!! I have done this, made a direct comment about a personal negative rep, and MORE than once! :eek:

jd

Abbey??? so what it is? Is the rule about discussing personal reps precisely that, the discussion of an individual person's zapping or positive repping another but NOT gerneral discussion about repping and repping mannerisms?

please clarify, so we ALL can understand the rules!

jd

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:49 PM

you wouldn't be questioning if mods are enforcing the rules are you?:poke:

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Comments Deleted

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 05:54 PM
you wouldn't be questioning if mods are enforcing the rules are you?:poke:

Nope, I just read the rules and found out what the exclamation point over each post is for so they will be hearing from me that way, from here on out... :D

I guess I should than Shattered for her kind way of letting me know this...

Thanks shattered, your the best!:clap:

jimnyc

I guess you missed this part in the quote you posted:

Sarcastic comments are not considered flaming

shattered
You wouldn't be discussing my rep comment in public would you?

Tsktsk, darling..

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
You wouldn't be discussing my rep comment in public would you?

Tsktsk, darling..You , repped me?

It was a very good piece of information and I appreciate it Shattered, I would have continued on, if I had not taken heed to it.

Dilloduck
09-16-2007, 06:40 PM
This thread is starting to sound like the Knights of Ni (sp?).

you said "it" again

I never said "it"

DOHHHH you said "it" again ! :laugh2::laugh2:

manu1959
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM

you said "it" again

I never said "it"

the black knight.................

Dilloduck
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
the black knight.................

nope--Knight who say NI

The Knights have a weakness in that a number of words, when spoken to them, cause them pain and agony. The only one of these words that is revealed in the film is the word "it". This apparently contradicts the earlier conversation, in which "it" is said, yet the Knights do not appear to be affected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_who_say_Ni

manu1959
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
nope--Knight who say NI

The Knights have a weakness in that a number of words, when spoken to them, cause them pain and agony. The only one of these words that is revealed in the film is the word "it". This apparently contradicts the earlier conversation, in which "it" is said, yet the Knights do not appear to be affected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_who_say_Ni

i meant ... i like the black knight scene.....

Dilloduck
09-16-2007, 06:49 PM
i meant ... i like the black knight scene.....

That has played itself out many a time here too ! :laugh2:

manu1959
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
That has played itself out many a time here too ! :laugh2:

true....the three questions at the bridge is a classic as well......

JohnDoe
09-16-2007, 06:55 PM

you said "it" again

I never said "it"

Well put! :coffee:

OCA
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM

Piss off rookie. Learn your fucking place.

OCA
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
This is a moral issue

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2:

OCA
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM

If I had a dollar for everytime someone quoted the staff higher standard bullshit while I was a mod and after i'd retire right now.

Lol, JD! Cowboy up!

JohnDoe
09-17-2007, 01:30 AM
If I had a dollar for everytime someone quoted the staff higher standard bullshit while I was a mod and after i'd retire right now.

Lol, JD! Cowboy up! well, if the rules aren't going to be followed all of the time, then why have the rules? get rid of them, make it fair for all, is how i see it!

jimnyc
09-17-2007, 07:06 AM
well, if the rules aren't going to be followed all of the time, then why have the rules? get rid of them, make it fair for all, is how i see it!

I disagree with your perception, JD. Shoot me a PM if you would like to discuss further and I can go more in depth for you and explain things to help you better understand.