PDA

View Full Version : Louisville/Breonna Taylor

Kathianne
09-23-2020, 03:02 PM
Well some folks do not like what the Grand Jury decided:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/breonna-taylor-shooting-louisville-officer-indicted-on-criminal-charges

Handed down a little over an hour ago, protest march started, arrests now starting.

jimnyc
09-23-2020, 03:30 PM
Oh boy, here we go again.

How many cops bust in, legit or not, and shoot this unarmed girl? And no cameras and now she's dead. Then takes forever to get answers. And then demands of some form of charges be made, as you have a young black girl dead who did nothing wrong and was in bed.

And after all this time, and they come back with charges against just one of them? Yikes! And hit with I think I read class D felony, which I definitely read comes with a 1-5 year prison sentence if convicted.

That is not going to make the masses happy. I could be wrong, but I think there will be riots tonight, if not sooner - and then pickup everywhere again.

Kathianne
09-23-2020, 03:56 PM
Oh boy, here we go again.

How many cops bust in, legit or not, and shoot this unarmed girl? And no cameras and now she's dead. Then takes forever to get answers. And then demands of some form of charges be made, as you have a young black girl dead who did nothing wrong and was in bed.

And after all this time, and they come back with charges against just one of them? Yikes! And hit with I think I read class D felony, which I definitely read comes with a 1-5 year prison sentence if convicted.

That is not going to make the masses happy. I could be wrong, but I think there will be riots tonight, if not sooner - and then pickup everywhere again.

Her boyfriend/roommate shot at police, starting off the issue of death. Her family already got $12M from civil suit. The former cop was charged with reckless endangerment, shooting into 3 apts. The other two? No charges.

jimnyc
09-23-2020, 04:34 PM
Her boyfriend/roommate shot at police, starting off the issue of death. Her family already got $12M from civil suit. The former cop was charged with reckless endangerment, shooting into 3 apts. The other two? No charges.

I think things were legit at one point and then spiraled. The boyfriend is likely the reason that bullets started flying, but that's not going to matter to most out there. Then you have her in bed sleeping, unarmed of course. The police end up shooting 20 times, 5 of those shots hitting Breonna. How 25% of the shots hit the unarmed sleeping woman is beyond me. Seeing the officers POV with their bodycams would have explained almost all of it. Somehow none of them were wearing them? Then I read rumors of one of them perhaps wearing one, but nothing to this day has come out.

The black community is going to see that 3+ police officers busted into her home with a warrant, many shots then went back and forth and Breonna is dead. And no cameras and very little explanation as to how the hell this happened.

Then after they investigate for like 90 years, they finally come back with very very little - of which will be seen as "no justice" for a young, sleeping black girl.

With all the national attention this has garnered, I don't think this is going to be received very well. I think we got a problem here, and I wonder if this is another "George Floyd" moment but with half the crowd organized and out there already.

Gunny
09-23-2020, 07:05 PM
The one former cop was shooting blind, through a window at whatever. That charge is justified, IMO.

The other two cops acted in self defense. They had a no-knock warrant and announced themselves anyway, the last corroborated by neighbor. The warrant was for HER. Meaning, they weren't there on any casual social call. Nimrod starts shooting and hits one cop, They shoot back. Self-defense. I wouldn't see it any other way as a juror.

Russ
09-23-2020, 08:54 PM
Why is it I just heard tonight for the first time that the police actually knocked on door before they came in (corroborated by a neighbor) and that the boyfriend shot at police first (corroborated by the boyfriend) before the police returned fire?

According to CNN for the last 3 months, the police burst into the apartment without knocking, and then shot Breonna Taylor dead without provocation. CNN lies for a living, and seemingly tries to create these riots. It should be a felony to be a CNN employee.

Kathianne
09-23-2020, 09:48 PM
Why is it I just heard tonight for the first time that the police actually knocked on door before they came in (corroborated by a neighbor) and that the boyfriend shot at police first (corroborated by the boyfriend) before the police returned fire?

According to CNN for the last 3 months, the police burst into the apartment without knocking, and then shot Breonna Taylor dead without provocation. CNN lies for a living, and seemingly tries to create these riots. It should be a felony to be a CNN employee.
2 cops shot tonight in Louisville.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2020, 10:00 PM

My friend, truth doesn't matter... Not with the organized rioting.
Not with those using any incident they can to push their anti-police, anti-government- anti Trump agenda.
Not with those hellbent on violence, arson, stealing, beating innocent citizens, blocking city streets, highways/interstates , etc. etc..
This is organized by the dem party its allies, is governors, Soros and others, imho.
By people who should be arrested(as in should have already been arrested by now), imho.
Most of it is organized insurrection., imho..
And that is not small matter.. Especially so, since certain political figures are in on it..
When Trump wins, we should demand that justice be delivered to those engaged in organizing and funding this insurrection, this rioting and these criminal acts... --Tyr

darin
09-24-2020, 09:10 AM
People want to blame only the aspects that further their point of view. The state killed Breonna. 100%. The circumstances are weird. If the boyfriend doesn't start shooting, nobody dies. If the State stopped its stupid 'war on drugs' nobody dies. The people we decide to put in our lives matter, too.

jimnyc
09-24-2020, 09:47 AM
People want to blame only the aspects that further their point of view. The state killed Breonna. 100%. The circumstances are weird. If the boyfriend doesn't start shooting, nobody dies. If the State stopped its stupid 'war on drugs' nobody dies. The people we decide to put in our lives matter, too.

Agreed.

The boyfriend shooting and when he shot spurred this, and that tidbit of news many many people are just learning now. And celebs and such are still out there calling them murderers and what not. They returned fire on a man who shot at them, and hit one in the femoral artery. And he chose to do so while being next to Breonna.

pete311
09-24-2020, 10:06 PM
retracted

pete311
09-24-2020, 10:08 PM
retracted

pete311
09-24-2020, 10:11 PM

Even if that were true, why the fuck was unarmed breonna taylor shot to death in bed? WHY!?

Kathianne
09-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Even if that were true, why the fuck was unarmed breonna taylor shot to death in bed? WHY!?

She wasn't in bed. She wasn't asleep. In fact she'd dressed:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/23/minute-by-minute-timeline-breonna-taylor-shooting/3467112001/

Breonna Taylor shooting: A minute-by-minute timeline of the events that led to her death

Tessa Duvall (https://www.courier-journal.com/staff/2646267001/tessa-duvall/)Louisville Courier Journal

Tessa Duvall (https://www.courier-journal.com/staff/2646267001/tessa-duvall/)Louisville Courier Journal

Gunny
09-26-2020, 08:20 AM

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/23/minute-by-minute-timeline-breonna-taylor-shooting/3467112001/

For real pete311. SO typical of a leftwingnut. Don't even know the facts yet spouting off.

jimnyc
09-26-2020, 09:01 AM

First shot by boyfriend and now video is out of Seargant getting hit in the femoral artery and being carried and rushed away. Kenneth Walker took the first shot and hit him - and then the rest was them returning fire on him.

But the left and BLM and others - they think the police should have sat still and all got shot and died - as his girlfriend was too close to him and it would be wrong to return fire on him. F that!

And while folks say her name and all, which is just fine - and they further condemn the police - why aren't they out there chanting and calling for Walker's head, as he initiated all the shooting?

Oh well, Pete wrong again, should have known to just listen to the opposite of whatever claim he makes. :rolleyes::laugh:

Gunny
09-26-2020, 09:04 AM

IMO, the BF should be charged with negligent homicide. Can't charge him with gross stupidity or I'd go there too. His action led to the subsequent actions that cost Taylor her life.

He readily admits he fired without knowing who or what he was firing at. I thought even dumbasses were smart enough to yell for those with him to take cover before opening fire. That's a stupid no-brainer, especially if they are unarmed. ALWAYS identify what you are shooting at.

Hypocritically, the cop being charged is being charged for doing the same thing Walker did -- firing blind.

"None of this would have happened had Walker known who was at the door". None of this would have happened had Taylor not been allowing her ex to use her address as a front for drug trafficking.