PDA

View Full Version : A moral study

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:33 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Morals? Integrity? You haven't got any, and you wouldn't know it if it slapped you in the head with a cement 2x4.

But, you just keep right on posting these threads for attention.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I undestand you "Feel" that way but what about the above examples of it?

ya that's right discount everyones feelings and opinions....

you are the only smart person and the only one that knows right from wrong....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Where did I dismiss them I just recognised her feelings.

have you got to say anthing about the integrity displayed by Socrates?

why did you put the words in quotes that way...very dismissive.....

socrates was a fag....no one should listen to him.....:fu:

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:00 PM
because I know she feels that way and I was telling her it was all just a feeling and not true.

like i said...you dismissed her....

is it possible that your beliefs are all "just a feeling" and not true.....

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
In a national championship, he drove his ball into the woods, and accidentally nudged it. Although no one saw him move the ball, he penalized himself one stroke, which caused him to lose the game by that margin. When praised for his integrity, he said, "You might as well praise a man for not robbing a bank."

100 bucks says you have cheated at golf......

jimnyc
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
100 bucks says you have cheated at golf......

And I have $200 that says she cheated by thinking she would win by making her score higher!

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM

09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
From 1923 through 1930 he won 13 championships in those four annual tournaments. His record was unmatched until 1973, when it was finally broken by Jack Nicklaus. The above attests to his athletic skills; now let's move on to a testament of his integrity. In a national championship, he drove his ball into the woods, and accidentally nudged it. Although no one saw him move the ball, he penalized himself one stroke, which caused him to lose the game by that margin. When praised for his integrity, he said, "You might as well praise a man for not robbing a bank."

That's not integrity. Thats pride. In fact, he lied. He claimed he took a stroke when he didnt. Nudging the ball accidently is not taking a stroke. There is nothing honest about that.

Integrity is having the courage to deal honestly with yourself and others. Maybe you should start living it.

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:11 PM
I undestand you "Feel" that way but what about the above examples of it?

How much integrity do you think you are displaying by constantly belittling every single person on here, and calling their morals and integrity into question with these stupid and asinine threads, when you don't know a damned thing about a single one of them, nor have you taken the time to find anything out about them, if they're outside your little crybaby lib circle?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:13 PM
How much integrity do you think you are displaying by constantly belittling every single person on here, and calling their morals and integrity into question with these stupid and asinine threads, when you don't know a damned thing about a single one of them, nor have you taken the time to find anything out about them, if they're outside your little crybaby lib circle?

but she can't be wrong........can she?.......

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
but she can't be wrong........can she?.......

Nah.. She couldn't be wrong.. I must be.

What're the odds?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I do not believe so.

I have integirty and one way I can proove mine to do you realise I never use the red squares.

In every site I have been on that had them I never use them.

I do use the green and will give them to anyone who makes an honest point.

I have resisted what very few people on here have.

That is to use them against people they disagree with and or who have bested them honestly just because they can.

I follow the rules I am aware of whenever I can.

How many others on here can say as much?

so you point would be that you are better than everyone else....

i should ding you for that....

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Go read my posts!

I get called all sorts of things and very rarely call anyone a name.

Its in your mind Shattered because of what I said to you at the ohter site a long time ago.

You hate me for lashing out at you at the other site AFTER you lashed out at me..

You expect me to act with 100 times the integrity you are willing to show anyone you dont agree with.

you are a liar.....you have called me ignorant, dishonest, immoral, unethical, illiterate and a bush lover.....

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Go read my posts!

Its in your mind Shattered because of what I said to you at the ohter site a long time ago.

You hate me for lashing out at you at the other site AFTER you lashed out at me..

You expect me to act with 100 times the integrity you are willing to show anyone you dont agree with.

1) You deserve everything everyone has ever called you JUST for your demeaning attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you.

2) I don't have any idea what the hell you're referring to, because I don't put enough effort into trying to remember what you said where and/or when. Some things aren't worth it.

3) Hate takes an awful lot of energy - yet something else you aren't worthy of

4) You're wrong yet again - I have very low expectations of you, because you can't live up to simple common decency. Oh, and not neg-repping someone back isn't "common decency".

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
you are a liar.....you have called me ignorant, dishonest, immoral, unethical, illiterate and a bush lover.....

She's called every single conservative, and moderate on this board names such as those at one time or another.. Just another bunch of hypocritical bullshit from her.

JohnDoe
That's not integrity. Thats pride. In fact, he lied. He claimed he took a stroke when he didnt. Nudging the ball accidently is not taking a stroke. There is nothing honest about that.

Integrity is having the courage to deal honestly with yourself and others. Maybe you should start living it.
Gawd Avatar, what is wrong with you? Taking the extra stroke is part of golfing rules, if you touch it and move it! sheesh:slap:

Abbey Marie
I vote for discussing Shattered opinions and thoughts (called her "feelings" in this thread). They are much more logical and intelligent than much of the stuff being posted lately.

Said1
09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
I do not believe so.

I have integirty and one way I can proove mine to do you realise I never use the red squares.

That is to use them against people they disagree with and or who have bested them honestly just because they can.

Not neg repping someone has little to do with integrity. Using that little redundant fact about your cyber-life to bolster your self-professed integrity,while lauding it over others makes it even less righteous.

How many times have you admitted you were wrong, on this board?

I know I have.

And on a side note, you teach people how to treat you. Why do you think you get so much abuse thrown at you? Serious question, you might want to ponder it a bit.

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Gawd Avatar, what is wrong with you? Taking the extra stroke is part of golfing rules, if you touch it and move it! sheesh:slap:

Has TM thanked you for neg-repping on her behalf, because she can't? Morals and integrity would dictate she do so.. :)

Nevermind the fact that your neg comment came thru as a positive rep.. :coffee:

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM

09-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Go read my posts!

You expect me to act with 100 times the integrity you are willing to show anyone you dont agree with. (emphasis added)

That line right there shows you being dishonest because youve been attacking the same if not more than what youve been getting. In fact, this entire thread is you attacking others. In fact, Id like to see a thread where you arent attacking someone.

Also, you either have integrity or you dont. There isnt any 100 times integrity. You either have it or you dont. And you are clearly admitting here that you wont have integrity because you dont believe shattered does. Whether she shows you integrity is completely irrelevant to whether you have it or not. And by stating that you wont act with integrity till others show it to you demonstrates you dont have integrity.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I am trying to get people to talk about morality and I think I do try to act in a moral way.

I challenge you to not give ANYONE a red square for just one whole week.

See what thoughts come to your mind when you are able to resist doing it like you currently do and see what you learn about yourself by doing it.

I do think it is a practice in tempering my negative side to do it.

Do I really think you could match me in not lowerig yourself to givig them at every whim?

To tell you the truth no I dont think you could do it.

Do I think that makes me a little better than those who use them?

I have to be honest yes I do.

I think the mere fact that I refused to ever use them all on my own makes me a more intraspective than anyone who never challenged them self to even think of it.

I know you think Im not supposed to think Im good.

I am good and I may not be perfect but I gave myself a moral challenge and have met it and learn something about myself every time I am tempted to use the red squares.

When was the last time you challenged your own lower impulses?

you are an elitist twat....you pick something of no consequence and claim the moral high ground by saying i don't give out neg rep.....my guess is you have committed or support violations of all 10 comandments....

as for red squares.....i usually don't give them out.....but you have shown me how much fun it is......thank you...

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM

09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I am trying to get people to talk about morality and I think I do try to act in a moral way.

I challenge you to not give ANYONE a red square for just one whole week.

See what thoughts come to your mind when you are able to resist doing it like you currently do and see what you learn about yourself by doing it.

I do think it is a practice in tempering my negative side to do it.

Do I really think you could match me in not lowerig yourself to givig them at every whim?

To tell you the truth no I dont think you could do it.

Do I think that makes me a little better than those who use them?

I have to be honest yes I do.

I think the mere fact that I refused to ever use them all on my own makes me a more intraspective than anyone who never challenged them self to even think of it.

I know you think Im not supposed to think Im good.

I am good and I may not be perfect but I gave myself a moral challenge and have met it and learn something about myself every time I am tempted to use the red squares.

When was the last time you challenged your own lower impulses?

This is a perfect example of your posting style being inappropriate. You've been asked time and time again to speak in paragraphs rather than writing a line and then moving down and writing another line so that peopel can clearly understand you! Its called common courtesy and you refuse to give it.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I am not attacking.

Discussing is not attacking.

Calling names and saying someone has said what they did not say is attacking and I get it all day long here.

Do you think you are better than me?

Then how is it bad of me to think I am acting more moral than someone else?

my god are there two of you?

you attack everyone here......

you claim you are better than others....are others not allowed that same privledge....

hubris....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I am not attacking.

Calling names and saying someone has said what they did not say is attacking and I get it all day long here.

You are not discussing. You don't wish to discuss anything. You wish to belittle, and provoke people. THAT is why you start these threads, and throw snippy little comments in with feigned innocence. That is not indicative of integrity, OR morals.

It IS indicative of being the standards internet troll, however...

Said1
09-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I am not attacking.

You went on to say this:
This guy has self respect which I think many on this board couls learn from.

how is that NOT supposed to put people onthe defensive?

That's usually how you act. But whatever.

Yes. Because I can admit when I'm wrong and very rarely get on my high horse. And by saying I do get on my high horse is also admitting it, something youwill probably NEVER do.

Because it is, bad. Acting in a self-righteous manner is NOT moral. It's self-righteous. That is, YOU are appointing yourself better than others. Why? Because you don't neg rep people. What kind of moral high ground is that? WHo gives a shit about rep points? How does that serve the public good? Go serve dinner at the local mission, then you can at least flaunt your public service.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:40 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Would you go back and look at what you said to me first shattered.

Our whole relationship you have attacked me first and I respond very mildly to you compared to what you always say to me.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

You expect me to act like a saint while you act like a truck driver thrice divorced to me.

Its the double standard many of you people have about what is said.

Did it ever occur to you that you just might have earned the condescending attitude people display toward you? Did it ever occur to you that you just might have earned the rude comments, and disgust people dump in your lap?

If it were only 1-2 people, you might have a valid point.. But, it's almost everyone..

...and not everyone can be wrong.

Can they?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Did it ever occur to you that you just might have earned the condescending attitude people display toward you? Did it ever occur to you that you just might have earned the rude comments, and disgust people dump in your lap?

If it were only 1-2 people, you might have a valid point.. But, it's almost everyone..

...and not everyone can be wrong.

Can they?

maybe everyone is out to get her...........:laugh2:

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
maybe everyone is out to get her...........:laugh2:

One can only hope.

09-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Would you go back and look at what you said to me first shattered.

Our whole relationship you have attacked me first and I respond very mildly to you compared to what you always say to me.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

You expect me to act like a saint while you act like a truck driver thrice divorced to me.

Its the double standard many of you people have about what is said.

Again my point, your conditioning your behavior on the good or bad behavior of others. That is not integrity. Someone who has integrity is true in all things.

It wouldnt matter if someone acted like a truck driver five times divorced to a person of integrity. They would still be true to themselves and others. They would still have the same moral standards. Their values wouldnt change simply because someone is treating them poorly.

You are admitting that you arent acting right and then think your morally superior to others? thats a lie. Thats a sign of lacking integrity. When pride exists in the heart, the first victim is the truth. And it usually starts with self delusions about your own importance compared to others.

But you cant be honest with yourself. If you were you would realize it was your own attitude and style that is getting you negative repped (why that matters is beyond me) and you would do what you can to fix it. Here ill even make you a list of things you can do.

1)Correct spelling errors
2)right in paragraphs instead of writing a sentence every other lie
3)stop condescending to people.
4)Stop baiting people.
5)Stop ignoring people when they respond to you.
6)Read your sources.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:48 PM
The ten commandments are not my rules and I dont even know them all and dont have to.

They are nto part of my religion.

You have just attacked me with foul names and why?

because you disagree with me.

Does that make you better than me?

well most of em are us law so...they do kinda rule you....

you get what you give....you claim innocence yet are far from it.....

i don't disagree with you i am challenging you opinion....

i am better than you....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:51 PM

09-16-2007, 05:54 PM
well most of em are us law so...they do kinda rule you....

you get what you give....you claim innocence yet are far from it.....

i don't disagree with you i am challenging you opinion....

i am better than you....

Most of them are common sense decency too. (except maybe keeping the sabbath holy cause thats kind of unique).

Ive seen a number of patterns as an adult:

1)Those who claim to be free thinking and open minded usually arent

2)Those who object to being judged are usually guilty

3)Those who think they are better than others are usually 180 degrees wrong.

4)Hot dogs taste better BBQed.

She is protesting too much. makes me think she is exactly what she is protesting she isnt.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Most of them are common sense decency too. (except maybe keeping the sabbath holy cause thats kind of unique).

Ive seen a number of patterns as an adult:

1)Those who claim to be free thinking and open minded usually arent

2)Those who object to being judged are usually guilty

3)Those who think they are better than others are usually 180 degrees wrong.

4)Hot dogs taste better BBQed.

She is protesting too much. makes me think she is exactly what she is protesting she isnt.

sunday as a day of rest and contemplation works for me....

your observations are freuds therory of projection....or "me doust think you protest too much"

shattered
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
No, I hate you for mangling something as simple as HTML quotes that are already put into place FOR you.

Good lord.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 05:59 PM

09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
here they are and which ones are laws?

Idle curiousity. What translation are you using? Im just wondering cause i just cant picture God saying "Murdering is a capital offense" Seems very cultural driven.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I went to wiki and looked them up.

are they the wrong ones?

I would not know the differance because its nto my religion.

What, exactly, IS your religion?

And, while we're at it, what, exactly, have you done in life that gives you the right to question everyone elses morals, ethics, and integrity? Seriously.. What have you done?

09-16-2007, 06:14 PM
I went to wiki and looked them up.

are they the wrong ones?

I would not know the differance because its nto my religion.

no im just curious.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 06:14 PM

09-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I have no religion.

I live by a basic plan of being honest and believing in what can be proven.

I know that will make you hate me even more but I am more honest than most people I meet.

I dont steal, I try not to hurt people and I try to be kind even when others are not.

I have been far kinder to you than you have ever bee to me.

You may not realise it but if you would go back and look at our posts to each other from both sites all I ever teased you about was being pretty.

My first real go at you was the meanest thing I said to you and that was after you attacked me.

I have even defended you to that one crazy guy on the ohter site who was calling you all kinds of things and tried to get him to go after me instead remember?

I believe in what I think and that is no crime.

No one said it was a crime. But if you are going to be kind please try to comply with these requests people have been asking you to comply with for a while. I didnt make that list for my health.

manu1959
I have no religion.

I know that will make you hate me even more but I am more honest than most people I meet.

I dont steal, I try not to hurt people and I try to be kind even when others are not.

You may not realise it but if you would go back and look at our posts to each other from both sites all I ever teased you about was being pretty.

My first real go at you was the meanest thing I said to you and that was after you attacked me.

I have even defended you to that one crazy guy on the ohter site who was calling you all kinds of things and tried to get him to go after me instead remember?

two things..........
1. not having a religion is a religion
B. nothing can be proven

shattered
I have no religion.

Need I really point out that you haven't been kind to any of the people posting in this thread, and to very few people on this site in general. Need I go back and pull specific instances of you calling people names, and purposely trying to stir up trouble with these types of threads?

You still haven't told me what gives you the right to bring anyone elses morals, ethics, and integrity into question. In fact, in order for you to question it, typically, you should know something about each person you're questioning.

What do you know about ANYONE in this thread?

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 06:25 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Here is your problem Shattered I dont call names.

This is not trying to stir up trouble unless you equate thought with trouble.

I have only questioned peoples moral here when they hav esaid something morally questionable.

You see you have let your hate for me could what you see in my posts.

liar

Said1
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I have no religion.

You may not realize it but if you would go back and look at our posts to each other from both sites all I ever teased you about was being pretty.

With all your "see how hard I've trieds" and "I don't know what I've really done to make everyone hate mes' what you're really demonstrating here is classic passive-aggressive personality traits. I know you're often not aware of the reactions you invoke and often feel misunderstood, or judged with different standards than others, but trust me, it's all you.

You should also note that you are often indignant and stubborn when there is no need. That is also stereotypical resistance and control. You probably procrastinate. I'm you sure you often feel victimized, which, in your mind leaves you above reproach (as you behavior demonstrated for all of us in this thread) You probably also pout or use the silent treatment when you feel wronged. I bet you often 'forget' to do things you said you would do for people as well.

Get some help, seriously.

shattered
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Here is your problem Shattered I dont call names.

This is not trying to stir up trouble unless you equate thought with trouble.

I have only questioned peoples moral here when they hav esaid something morally questionable.

You see you have let your hate for me could what you see in my posts.

I think therefore I am.

To a reasonable doubt yes things can be proven.

You just collectively questioned the entire board.. So, who are you questioning, and about what, exactly?

What has lead you to believe that I, for example, lack any morals?

Dilloduck
09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
With all your "see how hard I've trieds" and "I don't know what I've really done to make everyone hate mes' what you're really demonstrating here is classic passive-aggressive personality traits. I know you're often not aware of the reactions you invoke and often feel misunderstood, or judged with different standards than others, but trust me, it's all you.

You should also note that you are often indignant and stubborn when there is no need. That is also stereotypical resistance and control. You probably procrastinate. I'm you sure you often feel victimized, which, in your mind leaves you above reproach (as you behavior demonstrated for all of us in this thread) You probably also pout or use the silent treatment when you feel wronged. I bet you often 'forget' to do things you said you would do for people as well.

Get some help, seriously.

Damn--that's the longest fortune cookie I've ever read !! :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 06:32 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Where did I question the entire boards morals?

Where did I say you lack morals?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=124937#post124937

Your post here questions the entire "rights" "honesty".. Honesty, and morals go hand in hand, m'dear.. You can't have one without the other..

I've shown you where you've questioned it.. Please be so kind as to answer my questions.. What have you done that gives you the right to call anyone elses into question?

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 06:41 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Damn some real comments for a change, Thank you said one.

I do tend to be passive agressive.

I come to places like this to try and use it to its best means.

Getting people to think beyond the box they typically use to stay safe.

We all have certain personality traits and I may not be perfect but I dont think that is required of any human being on this earth.

You see there are people on the right who I think have lost their way and are complicit in harming our country.

I dont think they are doing it on purpose but I so think the harm is beig doe none the less.

You seem to express alot of hostility too.

I bet you think you are right about how you view the world and others.
Is that wrong of you to do so?

Would it be wrong of me to think I was right about how I view the world?

I think most people have enjoyed me being this site even if it just someone to throw rocks at.

Yeah Im flawed but so is every person walking this planet.

Are you in the mental healthcare field?

hey look....you are justifying your shitty behaviour by claiming you are no worse that anyone else....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:03 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
What shitty behavior?

Any particular reason you bounced right over my post showing exactly where you questioned practically the entire board?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
What shitty behavior?

uh...the shitty behaviour that you said you were doing....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:11 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I asked if there were any honest people on the right here beause those I was talking to kept claiming I was saying something I was not.

you can believe anything you want but you are what other people perceive you to be....

shattered
09-16-2007, 07:14 PM
I asked if there were any honest people on the right here beause those I were talking to kept claiming I was saying something I was not.

I have seen much worse said about the entire democratic party let alone just the right on this site.

Yes I stumbled a little there and probably should ot have been so blanket in my question but look at the things said to me on that thread.

I have never claimed perfection?

Ahh, my how the tables have turned.. You've gone from insulting us as a whole to defending your OWN shitty behavior by stating "I never said I was perfect!".. Now, once these stupid blanket threads stop, and you stop the condescending bullshit attitude, you MIGHT just get treated a little better..

Someone said you choose how people treat you (I think it was Said?).. Can't get much more dead on than that.

Reread it. Think about it.

BE the change you wish to see.

While you're at it..try getting to know just TWO of the people you insult as a whole.. Any two of them will do. You might be surprised at the types of things you find out.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
which was what? refreash my mind?

i would love to "refreash your mind"....but post 60 will do....

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:22 PM

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Shattered you condesended to me from the first momment I answered a post you were in .

Can you see you think you are better than me and always have?

I can go to sites where everyone agrees with me.

You want to be at sites where everyone agrees with you and pass out the red squares in an attempt to scare people away.

You did it to all the people on the left at the other.

I was hoping to get through to you but I can see that is not possible unless I start telling you I agree with you all the time.

Anybody want to talk morals?

morals are relative.....

shattered
09-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Shattered you condesended to me from the first momment I answered a post you were in .

Can you see you think you are better than me and always have?

I can go to sites where everyone agrees with me.

You want to be at sites where everyone agrees with you and pass out the red squares in an attempt to scare people away.

You did it to all the people on the left at the other.

I was hoping to get through to you but I can see that is not possible unless I start telling you I agree with you all the time.

Anybody want to talk morals?

Something else you profess knowledge of, when you actually don't know a damned thing? I have been neg-repped by practically everyone on this site AND the other.. My views have been disagreed with far more than you can possibly imagine from Libs, Moderates, and Conservs alike. Why? Because I don't follow any set pattern. The difference between me and you? I don't insult everyone as a whole because I disagree with something said, or a view expressed. I'm all for 'live and let live'.. Something which seems to be a foreign concept to you.

So, yes.. Let's DO discuss morals.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Said1
09-16-2007, 07:26 PM
You seem to express alot of hostility too.

Yes, I openly express a lot of hostility. I am sometimes very hostile, defensive and just plain wrong. So?

I bet you think you are right about how you view the world and others.
Is that wrong of you to do so?

My views aren't written in stone, even though I'd like to think that they are. My views have changed as I've matured and I'm sure it's safe to assume I'll change my mind about certain things as time goes on, again.

Would it be wrong of me to think I was right about how I view the world?

You would be wrong to think one size fits all. What is right for you is not right for me. What you think makes sense may not be reality.

I think most people have enjoyed me being this site even if it just someone to throw rocks at.

I won't knock your interests, but I would suggest some serious research into different types of thought ie: politcal, philosophical etc. You said you have time and money, take a class or two, on-line if you must. It'll hone your debate skills and open up a entire new world to you.

Are you in the mental healthcare field?

No. I worked with kids for a long time.

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
actually, there are significant differences in the 10 commandments, depending on your religious viewpoint....

the Jews number them differently, the Catholics and Lutherans use a second system, and most other Protestant churches use a third....

the Jewish version
The Ten Commandments
1. I am the Lord your God who brought you out of slavery in Egypt.
2. You shall have no other gods but me.
3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
5. Honor your father and mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

Catholic/Lutheran version
I am the LORD your God, you shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not take the Name of the LORD your God in vain.
Keep holy the Sabbath day.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness.
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

Protestant version
1 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5 Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6 Thou shalt not kill.
7 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8 Thou shalt not steal.
9 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

The Protestants treat what the Jews consider the first commandment as an introduction. They also consider having two commandments about coveting to be problematic.

one interesting point to consider is that nowhere in scripture is there a reference to TEN commandments....possibly, there are only nine.....

1 You shall not worship anyone or anything but God
2 You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
3 You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
4 Honor your father and mother.
5 You shall not murder.
6 You shall not commit adultery.
7 You shall not steal.
8 You shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9 You shall not covet.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes but do your relatives have moral?

Just kidding !

I do think there are basic ones which came out of man beig a pack animal and needing others to survive.
Like not killing other people.
no raping
no stealing

You know the really basic ones?

my relatives are dead....

killing other people is necessary to protect yourself from those that whic=sh to kill you

i hate rap

stealing is necessary to get you shit back...just ask OJ

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 07:30 PM
This may be true and i have just not seen it because I am not posting in all the threads.

I ca only speak from what I have actually seen of your posts.

Common sense would dictate that if my posts piss you off, odds are good they've pissed someone else off, and I've been neg-repped for it.

Might want to stick to something you actually KNOW before making blanket statements.. So far, your ratio isn't very good...

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:32 PM

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
getting back to the original question....

each person has a moral code....it is the foundation upon which they make their "right/wrong" choices in life...."integrity" can only be measured against the individual's moral code.....one person might find it morally acceptable to kill to gain personal benefit.....while that person might be deemed evil when measured against community moral standards, if he is consistant to his own moral code, he has exhibited integrity.....

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Ah a deep thinker on my hands.

I guess if your relatives are trying to kill you you have to kill or be killed.

I also hate rap.

I would never steal shit , it stinks, is messy as hell.

careful.....i will drag you dwon to my level and beat you with experience

my relatives are dead.....they can't kil me ....the are dead...get it...

i lied.....i actually like rap....i love it when they say nigger and bitch and hoe....

if you were a dung beatle you would steal shit.....

see morality is relative....depends who you are and the circumstances

shattered
09-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Have you ever been neg repped by me?

What does that have to do with anything? You've stated I only want to be around sites where people agree with me, and that I'm trying to scare everyone off..

I've just proven you wrong, and that's the best you can come up with? That's also the basis you used for defending your own morality, and integrity.. Again, that's the best you can come up with?

Kindly stop dancing in circles, and tell me, again, what you've DONE in your life that gives you the right to question ANYONE elses morals and integrity, much less this board as a whole?

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Just to clarify for any poster who thinks giving neg rep is a sign of bad morals, and to not give them is a sign of integrity:

This board was set up with the ability to give positive and negative rep points as one of its functions. To use an approved board function does not reflect on anyone's morals, integrity, soul, or lack thereof. Really.

However, I would argue that to publicly complain about neg rep does reflect one's inability to put small things in perspective. And to ding someone on another person's behalf shows a lack of maturity.

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM

Abbey Marie
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
It was a question I was using to point out to you that I had never neg repped you.

Shattered come on now you know you would pass them out like pizza coupons all the time.

It really doesnt matter they are just little squares but I just thinks it speaks to how people sometimes feel the need to hurt those who make us mad either by being mean or disagreeing with us.

I tell you I really benifit from decidig not to give them.

There are times when I actually think of it and then say NO I dont react that way.

Everytime I resist that thought I feel good.

I have even written something mean and then realised who sad it was and erased it.

Im sure there is sometimes hidden hostility in my posts but far less than I recieve which also makes me feel good.

Is there really anything so bad in feeling good about that?

Why won't you answer her question?

shattered
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
It was a question I was using to point out to you that I had never neg repped you.

Shattered come on now you know you would pass them out like pizza coupons all the time.

It really doesnt matter they are just little squares but I just thinks it speaks to how people sometimes feel the need to hurt those who make us mad either by being mean or disagreeing with us.

I tell you I really benifit from decidig not to give them.

There are times when I actually think of it and then say NO I dont react that way.

Everytime I resist that thought I feel good.

I have even written something mean and then realised who sad it was and erased it.

Im sure there is sometimes hidden hostility in my posts but far less than I recieve which also makes me feel good.

Is there really anything so bad in feeling good about that?

It was not a question you were using until after the fact. It was a "fact" you were using to back up your morality claim. One that doesn't fly..

Why do you keep skirting the question?

What have you done?

manu1959
09-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Why won't you answer her question?

she is passive agressive...they don't do that...they play the victim...

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM

shattered
09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Can you point me to the post # the question is in I just went and fed the dog?

Oh, DO stop playing stupid. I've only asked it no less than half a dozen times.

What have you done that gives you the right to question anyones morality, or integrity?

truthmatters
09-16-2007, 08:01 PM

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
I do not believe so.

Are you kidding me? You have integrity because you don't neg rep people? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I don't neg rep hardly ever, do you think I have integrity? I do, i'm the most standup guy I know.

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Just how in the hell did he lie? Remember, this is Bobby Jones you are talking about here.

The ball is considered in play on the ground, if you move a twig and it makes the ball move that is considered improving your lie and its a two stroke penalty. How Bobby nudged it I don't know but nudged it he did and he called the penalty on himself, can't get much more integrity than that.

Would love to see an NFL linemen call holding on himself.

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM

Oh my god! I am absolutely a better person than you could ever hope to be.

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
You hate me for doing exactly what this site is designed to do.

I think i'm going to vomit.

shattered
09-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I think i'm going to vomit.

Scuse me.. Those posts are all directed to me.. I'm the bad person here.. Get your own damned enemy, eh?

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:41 PM
What, exactly, IS your religion?

Spelling "not"....."nto"

She had done it 4 times already and i'm only halfway through this thread.

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I

Couldn't be more further from the truth, you are hated for your condescension and arrogance.

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:45 PM
What shitty behavior?

Condescension and out of control arrogance.

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Scuse me.. Those posts are all directed to me.. I'm the bad person here.. Get your own damned enemy, eh?

I want my piece of the pie on this one.

shattered
09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I want my piece of the pie on this one.

Picking up my leftovers doesn't become you.. Surely you can do better. :)

OCA
09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Picking up my leftovers doesn't become you.. Surely you can do better. :)

When this troll first joined I was going at it daily with it, after a while I got sick of banging my head on the proverbial brick wall. Just taking a few potshots right now.

Really wish you'd pick up the level of viciousness on this troll though. If it thinks you are being nasty then nasty is what you should be.

shattered
09-16-2007, 08:55 PM
When this troll first joined I was going at it daily with it, after a while I got sick of banging my head on the proverbial brick wall. Just taking a few potshots right now.

Really wish you'd pick up the level of viciousness on this troll though. If it thinks you are being nasty then nasty is what you should be.

Nasty isn't in my nature unless it gets overly personal. She hasn't done that, so I'll continue to remain civil.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Im going to assume this is the question you are talking about.

I did not remember you asking it earlier and if you did Im sorry for not answering it.

The answer is I have lived and have seen unfairness and can recognise it.

give me three examples of the unfairness you have seen....

diuretic
09-16-2007, 10:46 PM
two things..........
1. not having a religion is a religion
B. nothing can be proven

1. not having a religion isn't a religion. Please, don't run that argument, it's so bloody tired now. I don't have a religion and I don't appreciate someone trying to tell me I do. Now let me get one thing straight, it's not my choice, it's just how I am. The Catholic church still sees me as a Catholic but since I have no belief in a deity I fail the first test of the Catechism of the Catholic church.

B. what can be proven is.

manu1959
09-16-2007, 10:50 PM
1. not having a religion isn't a religion. Please, don't run that argument, it's so bloody tired now. I don't have a religion and I don't appreciate someone trying to tell me I do. Now let me get one thing straight, it's not my choice, it's just how I am. The Catholic church still sees me as a Catholic but since I have no belief in a deity I fail the first test of the Catechism of the Catholic church.

B. what can be proven is.

sorry...my belief system is mine and you have a religion.....go look up the word....

nothing can be proven....

diuretic
09-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Anyone know anything about Virtue Ethics? I stumbled across it the other day and I've been reading up on it (for work). It's been around since 1958 and I only found it the other day. Yes, I'm a late developer :laugh2:

manu1959
09-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Anyone know anything about Virtue Ethics? I stumbled across it the other day and I've been reading up on it (for work). It's been around since 1958 and I only found it the other day. Yes, I'm a late developer :laugh2:

58? thought it was based on plato's and aristotle's teachings....

09-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Damn some real comments for a change, Thank you said one.

You have been getting real comments the entire night. And I cant help but point out you are still ignoring the list of ways you can improve your posting style.

Did you ever think maybe people dont give you real comments because you dont listen?

diuretic
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
58? thought it was based on plato's and aristotle's teachings....

Yep Aristotle discusses virtue in the Nicomachean Ethics but Elizabeth Anscombe published a paper called "Modern Moral Philosophy" in 1958 in Philosophy, 33 (158) where she called for a return to Aristotle as a sort of response to the Kantians and the consequentalists. She indicated that neither the duty types or the consequences types had the full answer so she brought up Aristotle's views on character, virtue and eudemonia.

I'm not fully up with it, doing a lot of catchup reading, but it's interesting.