PDA

View Full Version : Trump - symptom free?

jimnyc
10-06-2020, 03:03 PM
Pretty damn fast turnaround, considering his blood oxygen level decreasing quickly, in addition to fever, fatigue...

If one of the meds he took was truly the difference, then I want that shit too if I should get sick!

And now - will there be a problem? What if others should ask for regeneron on a compassionate use? I get that the president is no ordinary citizen, but folks will ask and wonder why they too can't get it. Dunno if that happens or not.

Also don't know if he's fully out of the woods yet. When he reports back with negative testing, then he beat it and is out of the woods, IMO.

--

White House Physician: President Donald Trump Reports No COVID-19 Symptoms

White House physician Dr. Sean Conley said Tuesday that the president was reporting no symptoms after returning home on Monday night after receiving treatment for the coronavirus.

“This morning the President’s team of physicians met with him in the residence,” the memo from Conley read. “He had a restful first night at home, and today he reports no symptoms.”

Conley said the president’s vital signs and physical exam remained stable, with an ambulatory oxygen saturation level between 95 and 97 percent.

“Overall he continues to do extremely well,” Conley concluded. “I will provide updates as we know more.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/06/white-house-physician-president-donald-trump-reports-no-covid-19-symptoms/

pete311
10-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Do you know that regeneron was developed using embryotic stem cells? aka, abortions.

LongTermGuy
10-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Do you know that regeneron was developed using embryotic stem cells? aka, abortions.

Sounds like Fake news pete....If it were so...we would of learned about it a long time ago and been all over the news..

~ “The superiority of "adult stem cells" in the clinic and the mounting evidence supporting their effectiveness in regeneration and repair make "adult stem cells" the gold standard of stem cells for patients.”

https://www.hli.org/resources/products-that-use-aborted-fetuses/

Gunny
10-06-2020, 08:54 PM
Do you know that regeneron was developed using embryotic stem cells? aka, abortions.Embryonic, Pete :rolleyes:

jimnyc
10-06-2020, 09:51 PM

DAMN, it's gotta suck to be wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh2::laugh2:

--

Regeneron Position Statement on Stem Cell Research

Regeneron’s mission is to use the power of science to bring new medicines to patients. Unlike
many other biopharmaceutical companies, all of our approved medicines and the majority of
our pipeline were first discovered in our own laboratories.

Regeneron’s successful research and development work has always been predicated on a
deep understanding of basic biology. We conduct very early-stage research to better
understand human disease and discover important new treatment approaches. To keep
innovating, we must continue to learn more through responsible scientific exploration.

As is the case with many other science-focused biotechnology companies, Regeneron uses a
wide variety of research tools and technologies to help discover and develop new therapeutics.
Stem cells are one such tool. The stem cells most commonly used at Regeneron are mouse
embryonic stem cells and human blood stem cells. Currently, there are limited research efforts
employing human-induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from adult human cells and
human embryonic stem cells that are approved for research use by the National Institutes of
Health and created solely through in vitro fertilization. Research using such stem cells allows
Regeneron to model complex diseases, test new drug candidates and can help unlock new
scientific insights that ultimately could lead to the discovery of new treatments for people with
serious diseases.

All of Regeneron’s research conducted on stem cells adheres to federal and state laws and
regulations. Regeneron demands from its collaborators and vendors that all human stem cell
lines used in its research are from properly consented individuals.

As a company and as individuals, we share a commitment to operating thoughtfully and
ethically, particularly while navigating these complex issues specific to the biopharmaceutical
industry. We are constantly evaluating our research practices to ensure they abide by the
highest standards of scientific and bioethical integrity. We strive to stay on the forefront of
responsible scientific innovation to continue making a difference in patients’ lives.

https://www.regeneron.com/sites/default/files/Regeneron-Position-Stem-Cell-Research.pdf

pete311
10-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Maybe you don't understand what this means?

human-induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from adult human cells and human embryonic stem cells

jimnyc
10-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Maybe you don't understand what this means?

human-induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from adult human cells and human embryonic stem cells

And ion the same breath you missed where it ended with "derived from adult human cells" - when you claimed it was from abortions.

Just admit you were wrong buddy. Happens to me too. :)

pete311
10-07-2020, 09:12 AM
And ion the same breath you missed where it ended with "derived from adult human cells" - when you claimed it was from abortions.

Just admit you were wrong buddy. Happens to me too. :)

Read the last part out loud

human embryonic stem cells

jimnyc
10-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Read the last part out loud

human embryonic stem cells

Try reading more than a single sentence if you can, Pete:

Embryonic stem cell

Embryonic stem cells (ESCs) are stem cells derived from the undifferentiated inner mass cells of a human embryo.

Embryonic stem cells are pluripotent, meaning they are able to grow (i.e. differentiate) into all derivatives of the three primary germ layers: ectoderm, endoderm and mesoderm.

In other words, they can develop into each of the more than 200 cell types of the adult body as long as they are specified to do so.

Embryonic stem cells are distinguished by two distinctive properties: their pluripotency, and their ability to replicate indefinitely.

ES cells are pluripotent, that is, they are able to differentiate into all derivatives of the three primary germ layers: ectoderm, endoderm, and mesoderm.

These include each of the more than 220 cell types in the adult body.

Pluripotency distinguishes embryonic stem cells from adult stem cells found in adults; while embryonic stem cells can generate all cell types in the body, adult stem cells are multipotent and can produce only a limited number of cell types.

Additionally, under defined conditions, embryonic stem cells are capable of propagating themselves indefinitely.

This allows embryonic stem cells to be employed as useful tools for both research and regenerative medicine, because they can produce limitless numbers of themselves for continued research or clinical use.

Because of their plasticity and potentially unlimited capacity for self-renewal, ES cell therapies have been proposed for regenerative medicine and tissue replacement after injury or disease.

Diseases that could potentially be treated by pluripotent stem cells include a number of blood and immune-system related genetic diseases, cancers, and disorders; juvenile diabetes;

Parkinson's; blindness and spinal cord injuries.

Besides the ethical concerns of stem cell therapy, there is a technical problem of graft-versus-host disease associated with allogeneic stem cell transplantation.

However, these problems associated with histocompatibility may be solved using autologous donor adult stem cells, therapeutic cloning, stem cell banks or more recently by reprogramming of somatic cells with defined factors (e.g. induced pluripotent stem cells).

Other potential uses of embryonic stem cells include investigation of early human development, study of genetic disease and as in vitro systems for toxicology testing.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/embryonic_stem_cell.htm#:~:text=Embryonic%20stem%2 0cells%20(ESCs)%20are,%3A%20ectoderm%2C%20endoderm %20and%20mesoderm.

I don't see abortions in there, do you?

But I wanted to know WHERE they come from, to confirm what you said, ya know? Kinda like fact checking before I post and make an ass out of myself.

Embryonic stem cells

Embryonic stem cells are obtained from the inner cell mass of the blastocyst, a mainly hollow ball of cells that, in the human, forms three to five days after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm. A human blastocyst is about the size of the dot above this “i.”

In normal development, the cells inside the inner cell mass will give rise to the more specialized cells that give rise to the entire body—all of our tissues and organs. However, when scientists extract the inner cell mass and grow these cells in special laboratory conditions, they retain the properties of embryonic stem cells.

Embryonic stem cells are pluripotent, meaning they can give rise to every cell type in the fully formed body, but not the placenta and umbilical cord. These cells are incredibly valuable because they provide a renewable resource for studying normal development and disease, and for testing drugs and other therapies. Human embryonic stem cells have been derived primarily from blastocysts created by in vitro fertilization (IVF) for assisted reproduction that were no longer needed.

Tissue-specific stem cells

Tissue-specific stem cells (also referred to as somatic or adult stem cells) are more specialized than embryonic stem cells. Typically, these stem cells can generate different cell types for the specific tissue or organ in which they live.

For example, blood-forming (or hematopoietic) stem cells in the bone marrow can give rise to red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. However, blood-forming stem cells don’t generate liver or lung or brain cells, and stem cells in other tissues and organs don’t generate red or white blood cells or platelets.

Some tissues and organs within your body contain small caches of tissue-specific stem cells whose job it is to replace cells from that tissue that are lost in normal day-to-day living or in injury, such as those in your skin, blood, and the lining of your gut.

Tissue-specific stem cells can be difficult to find in the human body, and they don’t seem to self-renew in culture as easily as embryonic stem cells do. However, study of these cells has increased our general knowledge about normal development, what changes in aging, and what happens with injury and disease.

Induced pluripotent stem cells

Induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells are cells that have been engineered in the lab by converting tissue-specific cells, such as skin cells, into cells that behave like embryonic stem cells. IPS cells are critical tools to help scientists learn more about normal development and disease onset and progression, and they are also useful for developing and testing new drugs and therapies.

While iPS cells share many of the same characteristics of embryonic stem cells, including the ability to give rise to all the cell types in the body, they aren’t exactly the same. Scientists are exploring what these differences are and what they mean. For one thing, the first iPS cells were produced by using viruses to insert extra copies of genes into tissue-specific cells. Researchers are experimenting with many alternative ways to create iPS cells so that they can ultimately be used as a source of cells or tissues for medical treatments.

https://www.closerlookatstemcells.org/learn-about-stem-cells/types-of-stem-cells/#:~:text=Embryonic%20stem%20cells%20are%20obtained %20from%20the%20inner,the%20size%20of%20the%20dot% 20above%20this%20%E2%80%9Ci.%E2%80%9D

So, appears different types? Hmmmm.... lemme learn more, since you obviously didn't!! Cause if Pete states they came from abortions, it's gotta be right, so lemme find it!

14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Embryonic Stem Cell Research

Embryonic stem cells are derived from embryos that develop from eggs that were created through the in vitro fertilization process. These eggs are then donated for research purposes with the informed consent of their donors. Researchers do not derive embryonic stem cells from eggs that are fertilized in a woman’s body.

Women do not have abortions to harvest their embryonic stem cells, nor do any providers sell fetal tissue for these cell lines to develop.

Human embryonic stem cells come from a transference of cells from a preimplantation-stage embryo in a laboratory culture dish. It is mixed with culture medium, allowing the cells to divide, and then spread over the surface of this dish. These cells can then develop into all three derivatives of the primary germ layers, making it possible for them to eventually turn into one of the over 200 different cell types that are found in the human body.

It is not possible to save the embryo when these cells are harvested from it, which ends the potential future viability of human life. That is where a majority of the embryonic stem cell research pros and cons focus on when discussing this subject. How you personally define human life will usually dictate which side of the debate you support.

Rest - https://connectusfund.org/14-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-embryonic-stem-cell-research#:~:text=Women%20do%20not%20have%20abortio ns%20to%20harvest%20their,a%20preimplantation-stage%20embryo%20in%20a%20laboratory%20culture%20d ish.

That's some crazy shit right there, ain't it Pete? Gotta just all be outliers lying, let me find another one to prove you correct!!

Where do the embryos come from to create stem cell lines?

All the human embryonic stem cell lines currently in use come from four to five day-old embryos left over from in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures. In IVF, researchers mix a man's sperm and a woman's eggs together in a lab dish. Some of those eggs will become fertilized. At about five days the egg has divided to become a hollow ball of roughly 100 cells called a blastocyst which is smaller than the size of the dot over an “i”. It is these very early embryos that are implanted into the woman in the hopes that she becomes pregnant.

Each cycle of IVF can produce many blastocysts, some of which are implanted into the woman. The rest are stored in the IVF clinic freezer. After a successful implantation, they must decide what to do with any remaining embryos. There are a few options:

Continue to paying to store the embryos
Defrost the embryos, which destroys them.
Donate the embryos for adoption (this option is rarely taken).
Choose to donate the frozen embryos for research. These donated embryos are the source of human embryonic stem cell lines.
Some embryonic stem cell lines also come from embryos that a couple has chosen not to implant because they carry harmful genetic mutations like the ones that cause cystic fibrosis or Tay Sachs disease. These are discovered through routine genetic testing prior to implantation. Still other embryos might be malformed in some way that causes them to be rejected for implantation into the mother. Embryos with genetic defects or malformations would have been discarded if the couple had not chosen to donate them to stem cell research.

People who donate leftover embryos for research go through an extensive consent process to ensure that they understand embryonic stem cell research. Under state, national and international regulations, no human embryonic stem cell lines can be created without explicit consent from the donor.

Policies vary as to whether women may be paid or otherwise compensated to donate eggs. CIRM does not fund research where women have received payment to donate eggs. Most jurisdictions allow donors to be reimbursed for direct costs such as travel to the clinic or lodging. Some also allow payments or IVF services to be provided to egg donors.

Rest - https://www.cirm.ca.gov/patients/myths-and-misconceptions-about-stem-cell-research

Now I'm sure there are places that have either been busted or do things differently. But the FACT is, they ain't coming from abortions. You were wrong. And now comes Pete to either post more BS that doesn't align with this story and what he wrote - or it's time for a visit to a client that apparently lives in the Antarctic.

I can FEEL the hamsters chugging along right now, desperate and sweating and their tiny little brains looking for answers! :coffee:

I think the problem is, one is running full speed forward and the other full speed in the opposite direction, if course leading to the wheel not moving much at all. The easy fix, Pete, simply pickup the the little bugger and face him the other way. They may not reach record speed but likely do better than like 1 for 2,964. :thumb:

Ok, ok, as usual I kid, I kid. :)

pete311
10-07-2020, 12:32 PM
So you're okay with murder as long as it's done in a lab? I don't think you've thought this through.

jimnyc
10-07-2020, 12:49 PM
So you're okay with murder as long as it's done in a lab? I don't think you've thought this through.

Yup, move the goal posts :lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2:

I said nada about being ok with anything or against anything regarding the BS you spouted. I simply said that if one of the meds he took is what did it, then I want it if I get sick too. Then you came trolling in with your comment that Regeneron was developed with help of abortions in getting their stem cells. I showed that to be incorrect. Now that you know you were wrong, you want to not only change it from abortion to a murder in a lab, but further it by attempting to tie me to being ok with murder and how I didn't think this through.

Pete Pete Pete. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Can you please just try communicating with me alone for a few moments like a normal person? Not one with trolling in mind? Big deal, whether wrong or twisted somehow or an alternate view. So sometimes ya post something that turns out to be wrong. Like I said, happens to me all the time. So what? Ain't no fun if someone only posts if they think it's solidified fact or they never put themselves out with an opinion or something about the future.

Wrong, or right, and we each do both - why can't you do what I'm doing and write down your thoughts? More than a sentence, like what I'm doing. Post facts/articles/blogs and offer your opinion along with it, hopefully and sometimes more than a sentence? If someone else does, you likely agree or disagree - but you would have me believe that your thoughts are never more than a sentence? Or supporting your own words if others reply, if that be another article with facts or whatever. I think you know what I mean. You once did so in the past at the old joint, I saw you do so on your own boards, even a handful here in the past!!!

Whatever your reason is, there's a way past it. If you claim this one or that one, you know well you can ignore or even post anyway, even if that person is me. If you'll have me believe it's the entire 20 of us, I fail to see why as everyone here is capable of discussing or debating with folks that treat them as such in return. Gotta be earned, by all of us. But if you'll have me believe that it's everyone, and not worth those posts and replies that I speak of - then why do the one sentence replies that you already do here and there? None being positive and all seemingly appearing as trolling. Appearing, as that's simply how it appears. But that's by your choice. So gonna just leave it like that, or actually maybe someday actually try with folks, and participate & you may actually find yourself spending an extra 10 mins here now and again. Or maybe you have no desire at all? Dunno.

pete311
10-07-2020, 03:20 PM
You want to debate semantics. You are pro life, but support killing babies in a lab so you can feel better. Nice.

jimnyc
10-07-2020, 04:19 PM
You want to debate semantics. You are pro life, but support killing babies in a lab so you can feel better. Nice.

And you're a troll.

You know zero about what I don't like, do like and what I support.

Point proven, go back to sharing a bowl of dicks with your boyfriend. Troll.