PDA

View Full Version : Trump claims he won't participate in virtual debate

jimnyc
10-08-2020, 10:30 AM
WAY too many ways to cheat, I don't blame him.

--

Trump claims he won't participate in virtual debate

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Thursday that next week’s presidential debate will be held virtually, with the candidates participating from remote locations as President Trump continues to be treated for the coronavirus.

But in a phone interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo moments after the format change was announced, Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”

On Wednesday, the commission said the Oct. 15 town hall between Trump and Democrat Joe Biden would be held remotely in order to “protect the health and safety of all involved” amid the ongoing pandemic and Trump’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The commission said the audience participants and the moderator, C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, would be based in Miami, with Trump and Biden in “separate remote locations.”

Trump’s comments aren’t binding, and he sometimes makes bold public statements while in negotiations, only to compromise afterward.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-he-wont-participate-in-virtual-debate-131221422.html

Kathianne
10-08-2020, 10:47 AM
WAY too many ways to cheat, I don't blame him.

--

Trump claims he won't participate in virtual debate

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Thursday that next week’s presidential debate will be held virtually, with the candidates participating from remote locations as President Trump continues to be treated for the coronavirus.

But in a phone interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo moments after the format change was announced, Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”

On Wednesday, the commission said the Oct. 15 town hall between Trump and Democrat Joe Biden would be held remotely in order to “protect the health and safety of all involved” amid the ongoing pandemic and Trump’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The commission said the audience participants and the moderator, C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, would be based in Miami, with Trump and Biden in “separate remote locations.”

Trump’s comments aren’t binding, and he sometimes makes bold public statements while in negotiations, only to compromise afterward.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-he-wont-participate-in-virtual-debate-131221422.html

I don't get why there isn't a 'liberal' moderator and 'conservative' moderator-each asking the opposite candidate questions. Last night Pence won, IMO, but it was in spite of Page.

I was pretty surprised at Wallace at the first debate, though it seemed he was more overwhelmed than planned, like last night.

The next is to be moderated by a former aid/intern to Biden? Nonsense! Now this virtual with as everyone knows, 'mute button.'

Bilgerat
10-08-2020, 11:06 AM
Let's face it, Biden will have a teleprompter out of sight and a staff of folks to give him cues and lines.

Just another way for the dems to cheat

jimnyc
10-08-2020, 11:54 AM
I don't get why there isn't a 'liberal' moderator and 'conservative' moderator-each asking the opposite candidate questions. Last night Pence won, IMO, but it was in spite of Page.

I was pretty surprised at Wallace at the first debate, though it seemed he was more overwhelmed than planned, like last night.

The next is to be moderated by a former aid/intern to Biden? Nonsense! Now this virtual with as everyone knows, 'mute button.'

That is actually a fantastic idea! Has that format ever been tried before? I nominate Tucker Carlson for one of them!

The mute button I could get on board with - but remote, and the endless ways to cheat, no point IMO.

jimnyc
10-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Let's face it, Biden will have a teleprompter out of sight and a staff of folks to give him cues and lines.

Just another way for the dems to cheat

I can picture his handlers using a damn movie sized screen in the background feeding him answers or prewritten info. And folks from the media that may be there would likely not only not say anything, but probably offer their help. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
10-08-2020, 02:55 PM
That is actually a fantastic idea! Has that format ever been tried before? I nominate Tucker Carlson for one of them!

The mute button I could get on board with - but remote, and the endless ways to cheat, no point IMO.

I don't know, but seems to me the only way to show each for what they are thought to be and what they are. Both are so deceptive it's impossible to get a straight answer.

If the 'other side' holds the mute, perhaps more fair all around? I certainly would not give it to any 'unbiased reporter' acting as moderator over all.

That was Page last night, unbiased isn't the right word.

Bilgerat
10-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Jesse Waters today on the Five

https://twitter.com/i/status/1314324692744847360

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-09-2020, 05:42 AM
Jesse Waters today on the Five

https://twitter.com/i/status/1314324692744847360

Juan Williams, is such a worm, such a POS that I can not watch that SOB speak without my desperately wanting to sledgehammer the screen.
The sliming guy is a maggot..--Tyr

jimnyc
10-09-2020, 09:15 AM
I don't know, but seems to me the only way to show each for what they are thought to be and what they are. Both are so deceptive it's impossible to get a straight answer.

If the 'other side' holds the mute, perhaps more fair all around? I certainly would not give it to any 'unbiased reporter' acting as moderator over all.

That was Page last night, unbiased isn't the right word.

I think your plan is great. And give them 5 mins of unfettered time with them, zero interruptions. Both ways. Seems the moderators still never ask the toughest of questions. Someone should be asking Joe about certain scandals and corruption and demand full answers and let the nation see.

Bilgerat
10-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Juan Williams, is such a worm, such a POS that I can not watch that SOB speak without my desperately wanting to sledgehammer the screen.
The sliming guy is a maggot..--Tyr

It's really hard for me to believe that anyone can be that much of a tool, I'm of the belief that it's a put up job to make the show more "interesting". ;)

Bilgerat
10-09-2020, 10:55 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/121091055_10221923635412638_5442242631580685352_o. jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=ngGzXF7oTq8AX_pDprY&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=6c1650a80edf528a9f52f455bf738a50&oe=5FA71F1D

jimnyc
10-09-2020, 12:40 PM
^^^ I love it!!

"Follow the science, social distance & wear a mask"

His own words. So separate them, don't care, even 20 feet apart on stage. Joe can wear a hazmat uniform for all I care, or a regular mask. But if their message is that "if everyone would just wear a mask that 100k lives would be saved", and folks need to social distance... then what a better way to show them just how to do so? And since it works as they point out and saves lives, then shouldn't be an issue for a short debate with those protections in place.

Or will they still shoot it down and demand a virtual debate? This way when the question aren't given ahead of time, they are put on the spot to answer... Harder to do on stage than in private with endless ways of cheating.

Hopefully Trump will push that message and then point it out via ads when and if Biden refuses.

All that should matter IMO is that Trump tests negative.

del
10-09-2020, 03:57 PM
This debate is the one that's a town hall format, isn't it? Maybe they're not comfortable exposing people to Trump?
I'm not clear on what difference the moderator makes in this instance. I also don't understand how/why Biden would cheat at it.
I'm sure someone will explain it.

Kathianne
10-09-2020, 04:04 PM
It's not happening. Biden is booked for his sole town hall with Stephanopoulos. No tough questions and if the audience asks any, George will take care of it. Trump made this bed.

As for the C-Span editor, 'moderator', he claims his twitter was hacked. Problem is, he's done the same twice before. Twitter can confirm or deny that he goofed thinking he was in DM with Mooch or he was legit hacked.

jimnyc
10-09-2020, 06:47 PM
It's not happening. Biden is booked for his sole town hall with Stephanopoulos. No tough questions and if the audience asks any, George will take care of it. Trump made this bed.

As for the C-Span editor, 'moderator', he claims his twitter was hacked. Problem is, he's done the same twice before. Twitter can confirm or deny that he goofed thinking he was in DM with Mooch or he was legit hacked.

And looking at the tweet photos - if Scully was hacked as he claims - was Mooch hacked as well? And then what was Mooch responding to?

The debate has been officially canceled. Trump said no way as they could mute and/or cut him off the screen. We know Biden's stance. So now the last one is schedule for the 22nd. Real easy - they both post negative results as close as they can to the debate. Should be fine like they were in the first one, and they can distance further if necessary. Gonna be interesting to see if the extra time helps or not. Trump's doctor said he should be cleared by Saturday.

Kathianne
10-09-2020, 07:33 PM
And looking at the tweet photos - if Scully was hacked as he claims - was Mooch hacked as well? And then what was Mooch responding to?

The debate has been officially canceled. Trump said no way as they could mute and/or cut him off the screen. We know Biden's stance. So now the last one is schedule for the 22nd. Real easy - they both post negative results as close as they can to the debate. Should be fine like they were in the first one, and they can distance further if necessary. Gonna be interesting to see if the extra time helps or not. Trump's doctor said he should be cleared by Saturday.
Today he cancelled all weekend dates. He didn’t sound great on hannity the other night.

Kathianne
10-10-2020, 08:10 AM
Good for Dole:

https://twitter.com/SenatorDole/status/1314657560994045952

(https://twitter.com/SenatorDole)

Senator Bob Dole
@SenatorDole (https://twitter.com/SenatorDole)17h (https://twitter.com/SenatorDole/status/1314657560994045952)·

The Commission on Presidential Debates is supposedly bipartisan w/ an equal number of Rs and Ds. I know all of the Republicans and most are friends of mine. I am concerned that none of them support @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
. A biased Debate Commission is unfair.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Good for Dole:

https://twitter.com/SenatorDole/status/1314657560994045952

Who was gullible enough to think they would not cheat in every possible way???
Such are the infected, infested, intolerable, insidious and infamous character of the filty vermin that are a huge part of the dem party.
Such are the enemies of this nation- a very sad and most tragic fact/reality--despite those that will so adamantly deny it..
Those deniers I despise every bit as much AS I DO THE ORIGINAL CULPRITS...
Oft, even more so...
A man or woman either has honor or else they don't-- there is no in-between.
The vermin I speak of have no honor.. no integrity, and many have no souls, imho..-Tyr