PDA

View Full Version : Michigan worker gets 13 stitches after slicing fingers on booby-trapped Trump-Pence s

LongTermGuy
10-09-2020, 08:40 PM
`Michigan worker gets 13 stitches after slicing fingers on booby-trapped Trump-Pence sign`
:2up:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1314543154167795712/6vZ9VtLh?format=jpg&name=900x900

The homeowner told deputies "their signs were taken and when they returned from out of town the signs were back in their yard," the release read. "The homeowner denies any knowledge of the blades."
Three fingers on the inspector’s left hand had been sliced open by the line of blades, and the man began “aggressively bleeding."

You can't boobytrap signs with the intent to hurt someone,” Scott told Fox 2 Detroit (https://www.fox2detroit.com/video/858565). “I’ve seen signs tied to a tree, chained to fence post or a mail box — preventing them from being removed. This was simply laid out to hurt someone. And it did.”
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/520325-michigan-worker-gets-13-stitches-after-slicing-fingers-on-booby?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

It was on his property.

NightTrain
10-10-2020, 01:28 PM
Totally legal, it was on his property.

Here in AK in some of the seedier areas where junkies raid people's propane tanks off their BBQ's or coolers out of their boats, people have been placing razor blades on the back of the handles. When the junkies are grabbing the item aggressively in the darkness, already beginning to move out with the loot, they end up with some very nasty cuts. :thumb:

If you steal anything off someone's property a cut up hand is the very least you deserve. Trump signs are no different.

Kathianne
10-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Totally legal, it was on his property.

Here in AK in some of the seedier areas where junkies raid people's propane tanks off their BBQ's or coolers out of their boats, people have been placing razor blades on the back of the handles. When the junkies are grabbing the item aggressively in the darkness, already beginning to move out with the loot, they end up with some very nasty cuts. :thumb:

If you steal anything off someone's property a cut up hand is the very least you deserve. Trump signs are no different.

That sign, along with others were too close to the road and were being moved back, not removed.

I get the destruction of Trump signs, it's happening all over around here. Marked up, ripped, removed-though on public land. Not so sure that was actually his land, simply because most areas have public easement running along roads, sidewalks, railroads, water gulleys, etc., so that workers have access when they need.

https://myfox8.com/news/razor-blades-on-trump-sign-slice-mans-fingers/

In the suburbs I lived most of my life, 'property line' stopped where sidewalk began. Yes, even though it was the property owner that cut the grass on 'parkway'-for some more grass than their front yard, and shoveled the snow

NightTrain
10-10-2020, 02:03 PM
If it was originally on the easement, then that's another matter altogether and I can see booby-trap charges being filed... and the owner's denial isn't going to stand up in court.

No one will believe that a 3rd party placed the razors to protect someone else's signs.

aboutime
10-10-2020, 02:19 PM
If you are a member of BLM or ANTIFA....and you shoot someone, or burn down their property....The D.A, lets you go without bail???

Try to steal somebody's (Trump fan) sign and get hurt...YOU GO TO JAIL???

NightTrain
10-10-2020, 02:21 PM
If you are a member of BLM or ANTIFA....and you shoot someone, or burn down their property....The D.A, lets you go without bail???

Try to steal somebody's (Trump fan) sign and get hurt...YOU GO TO JAIL???

As far as I know, no charges have been filed against the homeowner... yet.

Kathianne
10-10-2020, 03:44 PM
As far as I know, no charges have been filed against the homeowner... yet.

Well they are denying the sign is theirs, at least last I heard. If the guy needed all those stitches, not sure but my guess is they could get prints from razor wire?

jimnyc
10-10-2020, 06:46 PM
That sign, along with others were too close to the road and were being moved back, not removed.

I get the destruction of Trump signs, it's happening all over around here. Marked up, ripped, removed-though on public land. Not so sure that was actually his land, simply because most areas have public easement running along roads, sidewalks, railroads, water gulleys, etc., so that workers have access when they need.

In the suburbs I lived most of my life, 'property line' stopped where sidewalk began. Yes, even though it was the property owner that cut the grass on 'parkway'-for some more grass than their front yard, and shoveled the snow

I dunno, the reading of it sounds to me like they were removing them, not moving them back. Perhaps semantics and doesn't matter either way though.

But as I read it:

A township ordinance requires campaign signs to be 33 feet (10 meters) from the center of the roadway. The signs being removed were 24 feet (7.3 meters) from the center of the roadway.

That said, the ordinance apparently state the signs must be 10 meters back from the center of the roadway. (33 feet). Instead, the signs were 7.3 meters from the center (24 feet). So they were going through the trouble of removing signs from homeowners lawns - because they were 9 feet too close? Sounds overboard to me, but I can't rightfully say, there may be a large problem in that town for all I know. Just seems unfair to take their property and toss it because of that measurement. And then I have to wonder why. What is the issue? Does it bother drivers going by? Bother neighbors? Too unsightly for the neighborhood? We have some sign limitations here too but I don't put anything on our lawn, so couldn't say at all how they would or do handle such things.

Well they are denying the sign is theirs, at least last I heard. If the guy needed all those stitches, not sure but my guess is they could get prints from razor wire?

I don't believe them for a second that they didn't know, someone just stole their sign, placed razors all over it and then put it back another night? :laugh:

This from another page:

According to WDIV, the homeowner said she has had several campaign signs for President Donald Trump stolen, including a large banner. She said she told sheriff's deputies that some signs disappeared from her yard recently but were returned. She said she had been unaware of the razor blades.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-yard-sign-rigged-razor-142611747.html

So in one breath she states that she has had an issue with folks stealing her signs, but then just goes right onto the fact that some signs were stolen and returned, and she was unaware of the trap. Still don't believe her at all. And if they do investigate and print or whatever, I'm confident that they'll find the same.

Gunny
10-10-2020, 09:00 PM
I dunno, the reading of it sounds to me like they were removing them, not moving them back. Perhaps semantics and doesn't matter either way though.

But as I read it:

That said, the ordinance apparently state the signs must be 10 meters back from the center of the roadway. (33 feet). Instead, the signs were 7.3 meters from the center (24 feet). So they were going through the trouble of removing signs from homeowners lawns - because they were 9 feet too close? Sounds overboard to me, but I can't rightfully say, there may be a large problem in that town for all I know. Just seems unfair to take their property and toss it because of that measurement. And then I have to wonder why. What is the issue? Does it bother drivers going by? Bother neighbors? Too unsightly for the neighborhood? We have some sign limitations here too but I don't put anything on our lawn, so couldn't say at all how they would or do handle such things.

I don't believe them for a second that they didn't know, someone just stole their sign, placed razors all over it and then put it back another night? :laugh:

This from another page:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-yard-sign-rigged-razor-142611747.html

So in one breath she states that she has had an issue with folks stealing her signs, but then just goes right onto the fact that some signs were stolen and returned, and she was unaware of the trap. Still don't believe her at all. And if they do investigate and print or whatever, I'm confident that they'll find the same.Of course she is lying. Way things have been sounding, oh well.

I'd be interested to know how an "inspector" got cut moving a sign. They don't do work. Not their job. If they were having something illegal removed (I maintain they aren't moving someone else's work), and inspector would call in a crew.