PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

jimnyc
10-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Never really knew it as I guess I never tried before. But apparently you're unable to make an attachment within the PM system. Well that sucks!

So now you can! When sending a PM or replying to someone - look at the very bottom of the options and you'll see "Manage Attachments", and you can include one in the same manner as making a post.

A few other additions you will see:

When you now go to your Inbox - the sender of the PM's will show a small version of that member's avatar.

Move your mouse over the title of any PM and a preview box will pop up showing the first few lines of the PM.

At the very top you will first see a table that displays: How many messages in your inbox, how many messages stored in total & how many you have allowed and a percentage of used. And additionally, now an option to easily download all of your messages should you want to. :dunno: (and a folder picker in the upper right of that table with a drop down arrow).

Haven't seen it yet as I haven't gotten a PM since, but: Apparently a different notification when you have one waiting & supposedly blinking at the top. I'll wait to see how annoying that appears.

Getting a PM if a member is quoted in a post. Someone asked for this about 7 or 8 years ago or so, here it is!! :laugh:

Then a few more additions on the back end.

Lemme know or report here any issues.

SassyLady
10-10-2020, 06:55 PM
Thank you Jim.

Is it possible to sort by sender so I don't have to scroll through every one if I'm looking for a specific sender?

jimnyc
10-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Thank you Jim.

Is it possible to sort by sender so I don't have to scroll through every one if I'm looking for a specific sender?

That you can already do.

Go to your inbox, and at the top left you'll see this:

https://i.imgur.com/OILxyTq.png

Click on sender and it'll sort by sender starting with the beginning of the alphabet and then you can click it again to reverse them :)

jimnyc
10-11-2020, 09:07 AM
For what it's worth, if you show up here like I just did and have a bunch of PM's, and find out they are notices that you were quoted in a thread, and don't like this option:

On the upper right of the board where the notifications are - click on Settings

Then once in there, on the left menu list - you will now see this option and that's where you can control this:

https://i.imgur.com/MZg4nSn.png

Mr. P
10-12-2020, 12:26 AM
The blinking stopped! THANK YOU. Yes it was annoying. :thumb:

jimnyc
10-12-2020, 08:54 AM
You can forget that I added this option - for now. I can change the blinking and other aesthetics, but a bug appeared that is a must to fix before it can be used. If I reenable it I will let everyone know.