PDA

View Full Version : MSM and Social Media

jimnyc
10-16-2020, 05:15 PM
In the best way THEY each can, they are trying to influence the upcoming election in any way they can.

--

RNC Files FEC Complaint Against Big Tech Oligarchs for Censorship of the Hunter Biden Emails Reports

nough Is Enough!

The Republican National Committee filed an FEC complaint against the Big Tech oligarchs Twitter, Facebook and Google for censoring and banning conservative voices during an election.

Twitter, Facebook and Google in collusion with the Joe Biden campaign censored information reported by The New York Post, America’s oldest newspaper, unflattering to the Biden Campaign this week.

Twitter and Facebook also censored and banned accounts that dared to post the illicit and likely criminal conduct revealed in the leaked emails.

The Big Tech oligarchs have blocked conservative voices on their platforms for years.

Steve Bannon and The War Room urged the the Republican Party to file charges against the Big Tech Oligarchs following this latest round of electioneering by these corrupt companies.

https://i.imgur.com/Zr61L6D.png

https://i.imgur.com/FZLk0JY.png

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/breaking-rnc-files-fec-complaint-big-tech-oligarchs-censorship-hunter-biden-emails-reports/

Facebook Maintains Low Profile After Censoring Bombshell Biden Story

Following Facebook and Twitter’s decision to censor a recent bombshell article from the New York Post about Democratic Presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son Hunter, Facebook has remained mostly silent about the issue as Twitter has dominated the headlines with its link blocking, suspension of prominent media & politicians, and policy changes.

Breitbart News recently reported on the New York Post’s bombshell story that indicated that Joe Biden may have met with an adviser to the board of Burisma while he was Vice President, arranged by his son Hunter, who was working as a lobbyist for the company at the time. Joe Biden has previously said, “I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings.”

But, the leaked emails allegedly show that Hunter introduced his father to a Bursima executive less than a year before Biden, acting as Vice President, pressured the Ukrainian government into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company. Shortly after the story broke, many found themselves having trouble sharing it across social media. This censorship comes just weeks after executives from both Facebook and Twitter joined the Biden transition team.

Facebook and Twitter immediately went to work censoring the story across their platforms, in a tweet Andy Stone, who works for communications at Facebook and is a former Democrat staffer, stated that Facebook would be reducting the story’s distribution until third-party fact-checkers had verified the report, a level of scrutiny not often applied to news stories on Facebook:

https://i.imgur.com/y98ytk5.png

Since then, Facebook has remained mostly silent on the issue aside from Stone’s tweet. In comparison, Twitter has announced changes to its policies relating to the distribution of “hacked materials.” Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey stated: “Straight blocking of URLs was wrong, and we updated our policy and enforcement to fix. Our goal is to attempt to add context, and now we have capabilities to do that.”

The Poynter Institute’s International Fact-Checking Network Associate Director Cristina Tardáguila has published a column in which she states that anyone that doesn’t believe that social media giants censoring news is dangerous is simply “naive.”

It appears, according to the column, that even Facebook’s fact-checkers were surprised by Facebook’s ability to suppress content across its platform, with Tardáguila stating: “Professional fact-checkers should be transparent about their methodology, their sources and their organization’s financing. They should also have a public corrections policy and practice non-partisanship. When Facebook publicly acknowledged that it also reduces the distribution of potential disinformation using other methods, the company surprised not only its users, but also the IFCN community.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/10/16/facebook-maintains-low-profile-after-censoring-bombshell-biden-story/

Now this guy - never even heard of him before. - but dang, out of the 15 FB groups on the list, I've surely heard of Occupy Democrats, Addicting Info, Anti-Trump Army, Bipartisan Report & have seen Thank You President Obama a couple of times. I don't really 'know' or belong to any of the groups, but have seen mentions from them in many stories & memes over time.

Top Liberal Tech Operative Comes Out of the Shadows: My Family Is Behind Most of the “Fake Liberal News” You See on Facebook

Last month top liberal tech operative John Gouldman posted an article on his personal website.

This amazing report was ignored by the media — until today.

We are republishing this article on The Gateway Pundit with full permission from the author.

We hope to have more to share from John Gouldman in the coming days.

My family is behind most of the ‘fake liberal news’ you see on Facebook

President Donald Trump isn’t lying when he says fake news is the “Enemy of the People.” He’s also not lying when he says Democrats are in a “partnership with the media.”

For several years, I’ve been one of the biggest liberal ghost bloggers in the United States. Even more important than that, my family has been behind most of the ‘fake liberal news’ you see on Facebook, with my brother Daniel Gouldman encouraging our mother and father to invest in some of his media ventures.

This isn’t an all-inclusive list, either.

https://i.imgur.com/gZp7Xfe.png

Some background information: Resist Create used to be called US Uncut. The name was re-branded in 2017. This was one of the most well-known liberal pages on Facebook for awhile until activist Ryan Clayton teamed up with my family’s network. If you want to read more about this, Buzzfeed did a relatively informative report about three years ago. The page’s engagement and mission has fallen off completely since changing hands, so it’s really not impressive anymore. Clayton has worked with my brother on a number of political projects.

Ryan Clayton is the guy who threw Russian flags at President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Watch HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0PPqcYnVE&feature=youtu.be&t=1)). He also claims he was assaulted by Project Veritas’ James O’Keefe (Watch HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFXXO6iTdL4&feature=youtu.be&t=10)).

Bipartisan Report is a venture my brother has with Justin Brotman, the son of recently deceased Costco co-founder Jeff Brotman.

My brother (known as Icarus Verum – his online identity) was also the money man behind the Occupy Democrats operation, personally owning 20% of the business. My brother setup all the business checking accounts at Bank of America, and made sure everyone got paid, including the Rivero brothers who founded it. If there was ever any administrative issue with Facebook, with Occupy Democrats writers or otherwise, my brother would handle it.

The New York Times recently (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/us/politics/occupy-democrats-facebook.html) did an article about how they are “beating Trump’s team on Facebook.”

He still takes credit for making them successful. I don’t think that sentiment is entirely accurate, though. He’s more like the Ray Kroc of McDonald’s, but in this alternate universe the McDonald brothers held onto their creation.

The Occupy Democrat brothers operate an extensive network that generates untold millions of video/page views everyday, much more than I can ever lay claim to personally. This has already been reported on to some degree (https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/omar-and-rafael-rivero-the-mexican-american-twins-behind-occupy-democrats-9699820) actually (two of the articles I linked to above mention court feuds) – it’s just not talked about a lot in detail. What hasn’t been discussed as much is just how big their network really is, what was really going on behind the scenes, and how they game the Facebook system.

While my brother did settle his business disagreements in court with the two Rivero brothers at OD, they’ve still been paying him his dues behind the scenes.

https://i.imgur.com/9bNpMof.png

My brother also started one of the largest pro-Palestine pages on Facebook called “I Acknowledge Apartheid Exists.” I was made an editor of this page but removed myself from it several years ago.

In 2016, my brother hosted and paid for the official Netroots Nation party under his Addicting Info LLC. If you’re not aware, Netroots is the “largest annual conference for progressives.” Top Democratic politicians routinely speak at their meetups every year.

YouTube (and many others) are sponsoring Netroots this year.

Here’s video I took on my smartphone at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBzASgvnmUs&feature=emb_logo

The New York Times neglected to do a much bigger story

Noticeably missing from my list is the Reverb Press page with over 816,000 followers. The New York Times wrote a story about Facebook taking down that page in 2018, but neglected to do simple research. If they had, they would have discovered that the real brains behind it had many more liberal pages left untouched (all the ones I’m mentioning in this article). Yes, my brother was also the money man behind the Reverb Press operation (Realy Media, LLC).

Of note: Why Facebook chose not to remove the rest of this liberal network is unknown to me, but what’s interesting is that I primarily was the one benefiting from the Reverb page at the time. When it was taken down, I was posting on it at least 7-8 times a day (and a score of other pages) with much success. I (and the rest of this network) would have been easy to spot, but Facebook didn’t pay any attention to me. I think I know of at least one reason why (read further).

While the New York Times did concede that there were actors on both the left and the right in that story, the focal point of their reporting was on the Republican pages that Facebook took down and how it was “a real-time spreading of disinformation started by Americans, for Americans.”

One key point I want to make: They compare these actions to “Russian schemes.” That’s in the title of the article even: Facebook Tackles Rising Threat: Americans Aping Russian Schemes to Deceive.

“What is different this time is how domestic sites are emulating the Russian strategy of 2016 by aggressively creating networks of Facebook pages and accounts — many of them fake — that make it appear as if the ideas they are promoting enjoy widespread popularity, researchers said.”

Still much more - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/top-liberal-tech-operative-comes-shadows-family-behind-fake-liberal-news-see-facebook/

jimnyc
10-16-2020, 08:32 PM
Complicit.

--

Behind the social-media blackout of Biden family corruption

If a bombshell goes off in the forest and no one is allowed to talk about it, does it make a sound?

Hunter Biden is now the subject of multiple stories involving serious corruption. Whether he committed any crimes is a question for prosecutors and the courts. Whether he was paid handsomely for his family’s political clout is a question for voters.

You wouldn’t know that from ABC’s pathetic town hall with his father Joe Biden on Thursday night. They spoke with him for 90 minutes and didn’t ask a single question about the shocking emails published by the New York Post. That’s either journalistic malpractice or public-relations work. After all, the emails raise profound questions that the candidate needs to answer. They appear to show his son, Hunter, repeatedly using his last name to fill his pockets.

Hunter’s family is his only asset. How else did someone with no special skills manage to collect such huge payments from foreign companies with deep interests in US policy? He has no knowledge of Ukraine or China, no experience in energy or banking, and a crack pipe full of personal problems. So, how exactly did he get rich?

It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the answer. Joe Biden himself could figure it out. The money was meant to open doors in the Obama administration and potentially a future Biden one. It was meant to inform mid-level US bureaucrats and diplomats that these companies had very powerful connections. The message: your bosses will be happy if you meet with these fine folks and even happier if you can help them.

Most of Hunter’s payments came from a corrupt Ukrainian energy producer, Burisma, and from multiple Chinese firms, all closely connected with the ruling Communist party. These payments were made when Hunter’s father was vice president, assigned primary responsibility for US foreign policy toward Ukraine and China, or after he left office and was considered a frontrunner to retake the White House.

These damning facts were well known before the New York Post published its latest cache of documents, supposedly to and from Hunter Biden. (The word ‘supposedly’ is used here since the documents must be verified.) What’s new about these documents is their avalanche of details, their list of additional companies and specific executives, and the scale of payments, some which were simply for Hunter making ‘introductions’. Some of these documents mention Vice President Biden, but he did not send or receive any of the emails disclosed so far.

This logic here is simple: outsiders purchase access and influence from insiders who sell it. That has long been the story of Washington lobbying and revolving-door politics, which grows in tandem with the size and scope of the federal government. Economists call it ‘rent-seeking behavior’.

The Clinton Foundation set a new standard for this rent-seeking. Its scale was unprecedented, and so was the cleverness of making it a tax-deductible charity. It worked smoothly when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state and the favorite to succeed Barack Obama. How do we know the money funneled to the Foundation and the Clintons personally was designed to buy access and influence? Because it all dried up after Hillary lost. As politicians in the old Chicago Machine used to say, ‘don’t back no losers.’

It is easy enough to see this as corruption, pure and simple. That’s because it is. The recipients are grifters, even though they wear Hermès scarves and ties. They are paid by companies seeking influence in government and the profits associated with it. This is Washington’s Circle of Life. Trump calls it ‘the Swamp’. Retired politicians and generals call it a living.

The malign influence of this circle is why we should keep saying, ‘the Bidens are corrupt. The Clintons are corrupt. They are reaping private profits from their public power.’ But we shouldn’t stop there because the problem goes beyond one or two bad actors, powerful as they are. The problem is a broader, self-perpetuating system of entrenched, corrupt power of which the Biden and Clinton families are poster children.

Seeing the Biden family’s corruption as part of this entrenched system is why the social-media censorship of that story should not be seen as a separate, stand-alone scandal. It is integral to understanding how the Swamp’s ecosystem operations, how it defines our politics.

The operation is visible in the New York Post exposé of Biden family corruption. The FBI has had those documents for months, so they should be either verified or discredited by now. Those findings, if they exist, have not leaked. If the emails are legitimate, they are bombshells. If they are false, they are worse than duds. They are a major disinformation campaign — an assault on our election — and we need to know who is behind it so we can hold them accountable.

Twitter and Facebook have prevented dissemination of the Post story on their platforms. The reason, they say, is that they have not substantiated it themselves. They decided to block all users, including members of Congress and the President’s press secretary, from sharing links to these published stories. Big Tech Knows Best.

Remember, this story was published by a major newspaper, a reputable one with a large circulation, subject to libel and defamation laws. Notice that the Biden presidential campaign has not denied the documents are authentic. They did deny, sort of, one item in one email, namely that VP Biden met with a Burisma executive, despite years of denying any involvement with Hunter’s business dealings. The campaign issued a carefully worded statement, saying only that the vice president had not listed on his official schedule any meeting with a senior Burisma official for the day in question. Later, they acknowledged that there were long gaps in the schedule and that a meeting could have taken place. Maybe it did; maybe it didn’t. We just don’t know as yet. We do know, quite apart from these emails, that VP Biden met with his son’s Chinese business contacts without listing them on his ‘official schedule’.

The New York Post has disclosed a great deal about its sourcing for these Biden stories, far more than other newspapers did when they published anonymously-sourced attacks on Trump. The social media giants didn’t block those. It didn’t even block discredited stories, like one from BuzzFeed that was demolished with an unprecedented public statement from Robert Mueller’s Office of Special Counsel. Today, you can post links to that discredited story on Facebook or Twitter. If you are an Iranian or Chinese propaganda ministry, you can post your stories, too.

Rest - https://spectator.us/behind-social-media-blackout-biden-family-corruption/

C-SPAN and Twitter prove the bias of Big Media and Big Tech: Goodwin

Et tu, C-SPAN?

There is no end to the media bias against President Trump and his followers.

The news that Steve Scully, the political editor of the bland television network, lied about being hacked to hide a message to an anti-Trumper is no ordinary moment. It is a startling confirmation that the cancer of partisanship has eaten away the heart of fairness and integrity at nearly all of America’s leading media outlets.

Too many so-called journalists no longer see their role as reporting the news. They take sides and twist the facts to make them fit.

The bombshell about Scully, who was picked to moderate the second presidential debate but is now suspended indefinitely, comes on the same day that Big Tech reveals that it, too, is rotten to the core. Twitter and Facebook are blatantly wielding their enormous power to keep voters from learning a sordid truth about Joe Biden’s involvement with son Hunter’s business schemes.

Their Democrat protection plan involves the refusal to let their users share The Post’s report that an e-mail shows the former vice president met with an adviser to Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company that put Hunter Biden on its board for a reported $83,000 a month.

The significance of the e-mail is that Joe Biden always claimed he didn’t know anything about his son’s business and never even talked to him about it. But in the 2015 e-mail, the adviser, Vadym Pozharskyi, thanked Hunter Biden for the “opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together.”

The social-media effort to protect Biden is especially inappropriate given that his campaign has left open the possibility that Biden, as vice president, did meet with Pozharskyi, saying only that a review of his schedule found no evidence the meeting took place “as alleged.” It is very significant that the campaign has not said definitively the two men never met.

Those elements and the stakes make this a fascinating story as the presidential campaign barrels toward a finish. After all, if Biden helped his son’s Ukrainian company as vice president, then suspicions immediately grow about whether the former veep also helped his son profit from the family connections in other countries, including Romania and China, where Joe Biden was the Obama administration’s point man.

Yet CNN and other networks are resisting the urge to practice journalism and pursue the stories. They don’t even bother to ask Joe Biden the basic question of what he knew and when he knew it.

One only has to imagine the resources those leftist outlets would commit to the multiple story lines if the name involved was Trump instead of Biden. Then it would be Katie, bar the door.

Actually, we don’t have to imagine. Each and every day for the last four years, Twitter and Facebook have brimmed with anti-Trump stories that are often based only on anonymous sources and speculation.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/c-span-and-twitter-prove-the-bias-of-big-media-and-big-tech-goodwin/

del
10-17-2020, 11:44 AM
An FEC complaint? That will be adjudicated about halfway through Harris's second term, maybe.

Paradoxically, one of the effects of Trump's complete administrative incompetence is that the FEC can't even form a quorum at this point as 3 of 6 seats are empty.

Oddly, the FEC had been investigating Russian interference in 2016 election, but I'm sure that's coincidental.

jimnyc
10-17-2020, 01:08 PM
An FEC complaint? That will be adjudicated about halfway through Harris's second term, maybe.

Paradoxically, one of the effects of Trump's complete administrative incompetence is that the FEC can't even form a quorum at this point as 3 of 6 seats are empty.

Oddly, the FEC had been investigating Russian interference in 2016 election, but I'm sure that's coincidental.

You ignore the gist of things in several threads, which is that these social media companies are outright censoring people and companies and politicians with the intent and hope of making a difference in the election. And with the MSM the same, censoring or not reporting the news of one campaign candidate while reporting anything/everything on the other candidate, all with the hope and intent of influencing the upcoming election.

The left was SO SO on top of folks influencing the election in 2016 and it was the most important thing in the world.... now it's non-existent.

Gunny
10-17-2020, 02:37 PM

Oddly, the FEC had been investigating Russian interference in 2016 election, but I'm sure that's coincidental.Nothing like two wrongs making a right for you lefties, huh?