PDA

View Full Version : Polling Predictions

jimnyc
11-03-2020, 01:14 PM
IF Trump were to win today... and I do understand that it's a huge if considering the amount of polls out there and the lead they have all showed for Biden for so long now. So obviously there wouldn't be a surprise should Biden win today. The only think really keeping Trump in this is 2016 results. And that's a big one too.

But should Trump win as he did in 2016 with these types of polls out there - would that spell the end of many of these places? At least for awhile? Or will their reps take a beating for awhile?

Will anyone be listed as 'in the tank' for lefties? Will any explanations be forthcoming as to why so wrong again? Or just 'we were wrong' again?

I know I'm ahead of the cart, as Trump would need to climb a huge mountain at first.

While major indicators all point to a Trump win - the majority of polling agencies still point to Biden.

So I admit I'm pessimistic today going into all of this just praying for optimism. Expecting the worst while hoping for the best. I just don't know and would not bet on this.

Now, polling places aside - the mainstream media agencies - they should take a beating after all of this. They should be recognized now as known liars in the tank for Democrats. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN - they should all be looked at as no more than news for the democrats. As much as Fox news should be looked at as news for the republicans. But I WILL BET MONEY that Fox IS in fact more fair and balanced with their news and absolutely by far lie less than all of the others, in a major way.

But, today first. Biden or Trump. And nothing will surprise me today. Nothing.

jimnyc
11-04-2020, 02:21 PM
No matter the final count and who wins - the guaranteed losers again are these polling agencies. With anywhere from 1-12 point Biden leads around the nation. Biden can still pull this out, but the polls were simply way wrong once again. And I think it's on purpose.

jimnyc
11-04-2020, 03:13 PM
A win is a win is a win to whoever ends up taking this. But the polls being wrong, I believed so all along, along with other folks. All major indicators spoke otherwise. While Trump may not win, no one should really be surprised that the polls didn't nail it.

--

Celebs Fume Over No Blue Wave, Blame Polls, Call Close Election ‘Damning’

Election Night 1, of possibly several more election nights, is over and the race between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden has become nail-bitingly close, much to the pain of both sides. This especially didn’t sit well with Hollywood lefties who felt robbed of the “blue wave” that the polls had promised.

Both Say Anything actor John Cusack and Lion King actor Billy Eichner fumed over the fact that Biden didn’t absolutely run away with the election. After all, some polls said that Biden had a 90% chance of taking the White House.

Though, shouldn’t these morons have learned a thing or two about polls since 2016’s election?

As results started coming in on election night, Cusack tweeted furiously about the race being as close as it was. It seems he wasn’t expecting it: “fact this is close is an utterly damning portrait of decadence & decay : these aren’t votes for policies or ideologies,” the actor wrote.

Clearly Cusack’s in a bubble if he’s shocked that there are millions who don’t agree with his aggressive Bernie Bro politics.

He also added that Trump voters are voting for the purpose of allowing for Trump to continue killing Americans: “They are votes for a man who’s mentally ill & killing people in a pandemic & a child abducting rapist & rascist[sic].” Yeah, to call Cusack’s tweet insane would be putting it mildly.

He then gave a dire diagnosis of America, saying that its “soul” is “deathly sick.” The only way we could fix it is to elect Biden, of course. That was another typical tantrum for Cusack. The election didn’t go the way he dreamt, so therefore the country is damned. Talk about entitled.

https://i.imgur.com/ne8KOu1.png

In the wee hours of the morning after the election, Eichner revealed that he had been placing his hopes in the polls. Though by now he has no excuse for doing so and should only blame himself for the disappointment. The actor and comedian tweeted, “Remember the polls in WI that had Biden up by 10? Even more? ARE YOU POLLING FICTIONAL CHARACTERS???”

https://i.imgur.com/RR52U5k.png

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/gabriel-hays/2020/11/04/celebs-fume-over-no-blue-wave-blame-polls-call-close-election

Van Jones: 'These Polls Are Not to Be Trusted,' Close Election Hurts

It wouldn’t be Election Night in America without some emotional ranting from CNN political commentator Van Jones. In 2016, he infamously declared that President Trump won the elections because of “white-lash” to President Obama. Now, in 2020, he was lashing out at pollsters for getting Democratic voters’ hopes up with the rosy predictions, only to burn them with a closer than expected election.

In the early hours of Wednesday morning, Jones began his emotional sermon by declaring that “a lot of Democrats are hurt tonight.”

“There's a moral victory and there's a political victory. They're not the same thing,” he told the heavily liberal panel in a very somber tone. He was upset that there was a greater “repudiation” of Trump and that the race was so close:

The political victory still may come. But I think for people who saw babies being snatched away from their mothers at the border, for people who are sending their kids into schools where the n-word is now being used against them, for people who have seen this wave of intolerance, they wanted a moral victory tonight. We wanted to see a repudiation of this direction for the country.

“And the fact that it's this close I think hurts. It hurts. It just hurts. I think people got their hopes up looking at those polls,” he complained. Though he was hopeful that Democrats would still score the “political victory,” he was still crestfallen. “There were people who were hoping for a big repudiation and that has not yet come. And a lot of people are hurt and scared tonight in the Democratic Party.”

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/11/04/van-jones-these-polls-are-not-be-trusted-close-election

CBS Admits: Bad Night for Dems No Matter What, Not the ‘Exciting’ Scenario Expected

The day after the presidential election dawned with the race uncalled. But even if Joe Biden squeaks out a close win, CBS This Morning on Wednesday conceded that the election wasn’t a good one for Democrats. Republicans will likely hold or expand their Senate majority. They have increased their numbers in the House and Donald Trump defied expectations in states like Ohio, Florida and North Carolina.

Co-host Anthony Mason lamented, “They had hopes of taking the Senate. Those seem to be fading away. It's within reach but barely. And the House they hoped to make gains, and that's evaporated as well, it looks like.” John Dickerson admitted that Democrats “did not do as well as they thought they were going to do across the board.”

He added, “We talked to the Biden campaign, one exciting version of events where they win North Carolina, Georgia, midwest and then were even flirting with Texas. That's not happening.” Exciting to whom?

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2020/11/04/cbs-admits-bad-night-dems-no-matter-what-not-exciting-scenario