PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Dreams of Court-Packing Are Probably Dead

jimnyc
11-04-2020, 03:00 PM
This is a positive thing even if its in the middle of a bad thing. Being able to prevent any attempt at court packing would be great. As would the ability to block other things in the senate. But still not the prize folks want or wanted.

--

Democrat Dreams of Court-Packing Are Probably Dead

Okay, I’m not even going to begin to speculate how the next few days play out with regard to the presidential election. But as of right now, it looks like Republicans will retain control of the U.S. Senate.

Roughly $200 million was spent by Democrats to oust Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, and they both won easily. Joni Ernst was reelected in Iowa. Susan Collins actually appears favored to win reelection.

In North Carolina, Thom Tillis is currently ahead. John James is holding onto the lead in Michigan.

“I have a very hard time right now seeing how Democrats win back the Senate,” said Jessica Taylor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

Assuming this doesn’t change, and the GOP maintains control of the U.S. Senate, Democrat dreams of packing the Supreme Court are dead.

President Trump’s gamble in nominating a successor to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg put the issue of court-packing front and center in the campaign. Democrats were powerless to stop the nomination of now-Justice Amy Coney Barrett, and Senator Chuck Schumer warned that all options were “on the table” if Democrats won the Senate to rectify what they saw as a grave injustice. Court-packing and adding new states to the union were their primary goals.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/11/04/democrat-dreams-of-court-packing-are-probably-dead-n1124976

tailfins
11-04-2020, 03:16 PM
This is a positive thing even if its in the middle of a bad thing. Being able to prevent any attempt at court packing would be great. As would the ability to block other things in the senate. But still not the prize folks want or wanted.

--

Democrat Dreams of Court-Packing Are Probably Dead

Okay, I’m not even going to begin to speculate how the next few days play out with regard to the presidential election. But as of right now, it looks like Republicans will retain control of the U.S. Senate.

Roughly $200 million was spent by Democrats to oust Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, and they both won easily. Joni Ernst was reelected in Iowa. Susan Collins actually appears favored to win reelection.

In North Carolina, Thom Tillis is currently ahead. John James is holding onto the lead in Michigan.

“I have a very hard time right now seeing how Democrats win back the Senate,” said Jessica Taylor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

Assuming this doesn’t change, and the GOP maintains control of the U.S. Senate, Democrat dreams of packing the Supreme Court are dead.

President Trump’s gamble in nominating a successor to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg put the issue of court-packing front and center in the campaign. Democrats were powerless to stop the nomination of now-Justice Amy Coney Barrett, and Senator Chuck Schumer warned that all options were “on the table” if Democrats won the Senate to rectify what they saw as a grave injustice. Court-packing and adding new states to the union were their primary goals.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/11/04/democrat-dreams-of-court-packing-are-probably-dead-n1124976

I agree with Senator Ben Sasse. The Senate is ten times more important than the Presidency. Mitch McConnell was also right when he said that Trump makes things harder than they need to be. Good conservatives were dismissed as a "RINO" for standing on principle. The list starts with Jeff Sessions, Ben Sasse, John Bolton, Congressman Thomas Massie. A questionable inauguration of President Kamala Harris will produce strong GOP gains in 2022.