PDA

View Full Version : Bolsonaro is turning out to be better skilled politically than Trump

tailfins
11-07-2020, 12:07 PM
https://www.poder360.com.br/pesquisas/412-avaliam-o-governo-bolsonaro-como-otimo-ou-bom-diz-pesquisa-cnt-mda/

Pesquisa CNT/MDA divulgada nesta 2ª feira (26.out.2020) indica que o governo de Jair Bolsonaro tem a aprovação de 41,2% dos brasileiros. Outros 30,3% avaliam o governo como regular; 27,2% como ruim ou péssimo e 1,3% não souberam opinar.

CNT / MDA research released this Monday (26.oct.2020) indicates that the government of Jair Bolsonaro has the approval of 41.2% of Brazilians. Another 30.3% rate the government as "just OK"; 27.2% as bad or very bad and 1.3% did not know how to give an opinion.

SassyLady
11-07-2020, 01:16 PM
https://www.poder360.com.br/pesquisas/412-avaliam-o-governo-bolsonaro-como-otimo-ou-bom-diz-pesquisa-cnt-mda/

When are you moving?

tailfins
11-07-2020, 01:47 PM
When are you moving?

In about 8 or 9 years, I suppose. Gotta leverage those US pay rates for awhile more. Interestingly enough, Bolivia is on the table. Policies that are detrimental to the local population make it incredibly cheap. A nice 2 BR apartment in Cochabamba can be had in the $200 to $300 per month range. I was surprised to see how many Brazilians live there to study or retire because they consider it so cost-effective even by Brazilian standards.

SassyLady
11-07-2020, 08:41 PM
In about 8 or 9 years, I suppose. Gotta leverage those US pay rates for awhile more. Interestingly enough, Bolivia is on the table. Policies that are detrimental to the local population make it incredibly cheap. A nice 2 BR apartment in Cochabamba can be had in the $200 to $300 per month range. I was surprised to see how many Brazilians live there to study or retire because they consider it so cost-effective even by Brazilian standards.

So, the pay there isn't all that great? What policies do you find better there?

tailfins
11-07-2020, 09:27 PM
So, the pay there isn't all that great? What policies do you find better there?

Bolsonaro has crushed political correctness. Criminals are also dealt with "under the table". They is also led by a culture that is pro-male. Machismo is OK. Also, Brazil decided that even minimal COVID-related shutdowns are unacceptable. You can visit right now if you care to. It's just a friendlier and happier place where people have a great disposition. It's also affordable as a retirement destination except for Rio or Sao Paulo.

SassyLady
11-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Bolsonaro has crushed political correctness. Criminals are also dealt with "under the table". They is also led by a culture that is pro-male. Machismo is OK. Also, Brazil decided that even minimal COVID-related shutdowns are unacceptable. You can visit right now if you care to. It's just a friendlier and happier place where people have a great disposition. It's also affordable as a retirement destination except for Rio or Sao Paulo.
So, no corruption?

tailfins
11-07-2020, 10:43 PM
So, no corruption?

Corruption isn't so bad, once you get used to it. They key is knowing to expect it and adapt accordingly. It beats the heck out of going to an anti-mask rally and have BLM (I call them "bowel movement") disrupt it. If a guy gets falsely accused of sexual harassment or worse, rather than have it ruin his life, a few US Benjamins causes amnesia.

SassyLady
11-07-2020, 11:47 PM
Corruption isn't so bad, once you get used to it. They key is knowing to expect it and adapt accordingly. It beats the heck out of going to an anti-mask rally and have BLM (I call them "bowel movement") disrupt it. If a guy gets falsely accused of sexual harassment or worse, rather than have it ruin his life, a few US Benjamins causes amnesia.

That happens here ... several powerful people throw money around to cover up their unacceptable behavior.

Don't see what you'd be gaining.

tailfins
11-08-2020, 10:13 AM
That happens here ... several powerful people throw money around to cover up their unacceptable behavior.

Don't see what you'd be gaining.

That's an interesting comparison. In almost all, if not all of Latin America, ordinary people have access to those options. I got arrested for a hate crime in Colombia over a dispute over a seat on a bus and USD 200 later, my paperwork magically got lost and the problem went away.

SassyLady
11-08-2020, 10:49 AM
That's an interesting comparison. In almost all, if not all of Latin America, ordinary people have access to those options. I got arrested for a hate crime in Colombia over a dispute over a seat on a bus and USD 200 later, my paperwork magically got lost and the problem went away.
That explains the poverty. Ordinary people having to pay bribes for everything.