PDA

View Full Version : Alex Trebek died

SassyLady
11-08-2020, 02:38 PM
One of the best game show hosts ever.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna990066

jimnyc
11-08-2020, 02:44 PM
Oh no, well that sucks. I had a feeling as he's been in the grapevine lately, as if they were prepping for this.

RIP, Alex! You kept many of us entertained for nearly 60 years! Well, me only from the late 80's are so, but some of you older bastards probably remember more! :coffee:

icansayit
11-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Oh no, well that sucks. I had a feeling as he's been in the grapevine lately, as if they were prepping for this.

RIP, Alex! You kept many of us entertained for nearly 60 years! Well, me only from the late 80's are so, but some of you older bastards probably remember more! :coffee:

Yes Jimnyc...us older bastards DO remember when he started. Got attached to the show and Alex. My Mother and Father, and now deceased 99 year old Mother-in-law planned their day according to when Jeopardy was on, and they couldn't miss it.

RIP ALEX. God Bless Your Wife and Family.:angel::crying11:

jimnyc
11-08-2020, 04:11 PM
Yes Jimnyc...us older bastards DO remember when he started. Got attached to the show and Alex. My Mother and Father, and now deceased 99 year old Mother-in-law planned their day according to when Jeopardy was on, and they couldn't miss it.

RIP ALEX. God Bless Your Wife and Family.:angel::crying11:

It's amazing IMO how such broadcasters make such amazing contributions and connections with viewers. I've seen it with some game show hosts and also with literally game broadcasters, like sports announcers.

You have Trebek who was awesome! I also grew up remembering Richard Dawson, so it used to irritate me in the beginning when Steve Harvey took over the show. Let's Make a Deal and Monty Hall, I loved that show. Bob Barker!

Howard Cosell, Don Meredith, Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, John Madden - being a football nut even at a young age - these guys left an impact on me and they were only on the air one time per week and for 16 weeks maximum.

But also when it's "just a game" watching 30 minute shows during primetime TV and watching some game show hosts. And for me, the more interesting the game itself drew me in, and then from there it's the folks doing to broadcasting that keeps you attached.

Hope I didn't offend with my usual old bastards comment, of which I now consider myself a part of! We all remember these older hosts, and some just remember 5 years or a decade earlier, some later. These various shows of entertainment draw us in and leave an impact on us.

icansayit
11-08-2020, 04:26 PM
It's amazing IMO how such broadcasters make such amazing contributions and connections with viewers. I've seen it with some game show hosts and also with literally game broadcasters, like sports announcers.

You have Trebek who was awesome! I also grew up remembering Richard Dawson, so it used to irritate me in the beginning when Steve Harvey took over the show. Let's Make a Deal and Monty Hall, I loved that show. Bob Barker!

Howard Cosell, Don Meredith, Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, John Madden - being a football nut even at a young age - these guys left an impact on me and they were only on the air one time per week and for 16 weeks maximum.

But also when it's "just a game" watching 30 minute shows during primetime TV and watching some game show hosts. And for me, the more interesting the game itself drew me in, and then from there it's the folks doing to broadcasting that keeps you attached.

Hope I didn't offend with my usual old bastards comment, of which I now consider myself a part of! We all remember these older hosts, and some just remember 5 years or a decade earlier, some later. These various shows of entertainment draw us in and leave an impact on us.

The older we all get. The more reality begins to hit home. Watching others pass away almost daily from all walks of life has a way of (Speaking for myself) letting me know...we are all gonna be going that direction some day too!
Probably why I thank God every morning when I wake up...and it's not just a dream.

Good thing to remember as we watch others go away.
The day we are born really is the beginning of the end. So ENJOY every day, and tell everyone you love. "I LOVE YOU!"

Abbey Marie
11-08-2020, 05:35 PM
Pancreatic cancer is the worst. Russ’ dad died from it very quickly after diagnosis. As did his father before him.

We will miss Alex so much.

I heard that Stephanopolous wants to be the host. That would kill any enjoyment of the show for us