PDA

View Full Version : Election over, here comes a vaccine

jimnyc
11-09-2020, 09:12 AM
Surprised? :rolleyes::laugh:

--

Pfizer, BioNTech say Covid vaccine is more than 90% effective—‘great day for science and humanity’

Pfizer and BioNTech announced Monday their coronavirus vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among those without evidence of prior infection, hailing the development as “a great day for science and humanity.”

“I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel,” Pfizer Chairman and CEO Dr. Albert Bourla told CNBC’s Meg Tirell on “Squawk Box.” “I believe this is likely the most significant medical advance in the last 100 years, if you count the impact this will have in public health, global economy.”

The announcement comes as drugmakers and research centers scramble to deliver a safe and effective vaccine to help bring an end to the coronavirus pandemic that has claimed over 1.2 million lives worldwide.

Scientists are hoping for a coronavirus vaccine that is at least 75% effective, while White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci has said one that is 50% or 60% effective would be acceptable.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covid-vaccine-pfizer-drug-is-more-than-90percent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

Abbey Marie
11-09-2020, 07:12 PM
I almost cracked up when I saw the story today. What were the chances?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SassyLady
11-10-2020, 01:10 AM
And the country opens up and the economy recovers. Go figure. Seems Trump was right and his fast tracking worked.

jimnyc
11-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Funny how many stated that covid would be ignored or cured quickly & that chaos and hatred will disappear. Many things will change on the left going forward. All the things they created can now be undone by the creators. The way the news is addressed... lies will continue in full force from the left, just at different angles now.

The true colors were always there & then this last 4 years the colors were exposed more than ever.

Lying was brought to another degree. Not just something they happen to do on occasion, but rather something they live and thrive upon. From the democrats to the media and instantly to the minds and mouths of their supporters.

Kathianne
11-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Funny how many stated that covid would be ignored or cured quickly & that chaos and hatred will disappear. Many things will change on the left going forward. All the things they created can now be undone by the creators. The way the news is addressed... lies will continue in full force from the left, just at different angles now.

The true colors were always there & then this last 4 years the colors were exposed more than ever.

Lying was brought to another degree. Not just something they happen to do on occasion, but rather something they live and thrive upon. From the democrats to the media and instantly to the minds and mouths of their supporters.

And the country opens up and the economy recovers. Go figure. Seems Trump was right and his fast tracking worked.

I think shenanigans again with the holdoff of vaccine, from where those shenanigans arise? That I'm not so sure of. Seems like lots of pressure being put on folks, perhaps the pharmaceutical being one. Seems pressure on the two Georgia gop candidates to cooperate in asking for resignation from GA Sec. of State who is a Republican. Why? Start more civil war within gop, just when the far left progressives are getting hammered by the moderates?

Right now the economy and vaccine are reflections on Trump, without a doubt the economy is going to tank with Biden's pen, if he is announced president-elect by EC. That is the whole problem with EO, live by the pen, die by the pen.

jimnyc
11-10-2020, 02:56 PM
I think along the same lines but good luck ever proving such. We all knew things would change post election, we just didn't know they would do so at such a quick pace. :rolleyes:

If lefties involved at the top - would anyone put it past folks to delay such things to influence the election? And then again, could be spot on and they just tested and found out a few days post election.

---

Trump Says Pfizer Deliberately Delayed Vaccine Announcement Until After Election

Now it appears that Big Pharma is in on the anti-Trump conspiracy. The president tweeted out his belief that Pfizer delayed announcing the effectiveness of their vaccine until after the election because “they didn’t have the courage to do it before.”

https://i.imgur.com/iMc702D.png

Albert Bourla, the chairman and CEO of Pfizer, took umbrage at that suggestion.

Newsweek:

Albert Bourla, the chairman and CEO of Pfizer, completely rejected these suggestions in a Monday interview with CNN. “We announced it the moment we learned about it,” Bourla said. “I said multiple times that the election for us is an artificial timeline.”

“This is when science brought it to us,” he said.

Whether that’s completely true or not is debatable. What isn’t debatable is the effect of Pfizer making a premature announcement of success and then discovering the vaccine is a bust. I daresay the drug giant would have a hard time recovering after a debacle like that.

Trump and some of his top aides had claimed for months that the vaccine would be ready by Election Day, despite the public health officials within his own administration saying that timeline was likely too optimistic. The president’s insistence that the vaccine be ready before the election drew substantial concern from doctors, scientists and many lawmakers—as they feared this could lead to the approval of an unsafe vaccine.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2020/11/10/trump-says-pfizer-deliberately-delayed-vaccine-announcement-until-after-election-n1135590