PDA

View Full Version : Getting older sucks

jimnyc
09-17-2007, 10:14 AM
While in NJ this weekend I had 2 decent sized Rum and Cokes. Woke up Sunday morning with a damn hangover that lasted most of the day. I used to be able to drink all night long, have a glass of ice water and some ibuprofen before going to bed, and wake up fine.

JohnDoe
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Did you drink the water and the ibu this time around and stil get the hangover?

I can't drink much anymore either...first off, I am a petite woman and can't handle too many anyway, without getting flat out drunk...2 ok, just tipsy and my husband says "flirty", but by the time I am done with the third, I am passed out or in the bathroom hugging the toilet.... :(

getter older does have its negatives...

But there are some positives to it too Jim! :)

darin
09-17-2007, 10:22 AM
decent size = what? 20oz Rum and 10 oz coke each?

:D

I can't drink much anymore either...first off, I am a petite woman

That's hot.

2 ok, just tipsy and my husband says "flirty",

Hot!

but by the time I am done with the third, I am passed out or in the bathroom hugging the toilet.... :(

Not-so-hot. :-/

Absolutely - reduced car-insurance prices. :)

jimnyc
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM

Actually, no! :laugh2:

decent size = what? 20oz Rum and 10 oz coke each?

Probably around 50/50 in a 12-16oz glass.

Joan
09-17-2007, 10:30 AM
James --

Can you then explain why there is an "empty" bottle of Rum on my dresser? Has someone forgotten how to count, or do you think maybe Porter tied one on?

dan
09-17-2007, 10:30 AM

I can't drink much anymore either...first off, I am a petite woman and can't handle too many anyway, without getting flat out drunk...2 ok, just tipsy and my husband says "flirty", but by the time I am done with the third, I am passed out or in the bathroom hugging the toilet.... :(

Can I buy ya a couple drinks?:cheers2:

shattered
09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
James --

Can you then explain why there is an "empty" bottle of Rum on my dresser? Has someone forgotten how to count, or do you think maybe Porter tied one on?

Bussssssted!:cheers2:

Nukeman
09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
:laugh2:Just remember it only binge drinking if you stop and start again!!!!:laugh2::poke::slap:

darin
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Jim - I REALLY would love to live close enough to you to go-out, or stay-in, drinking :)

Abbey Marie
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
James --

:laugh2:

Jim, you have to get rid of your empties!

jimnyc
09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
James --

Well, my little puppy did seem a bit disoriented on the ride home! Simple answer, being the nice guy I am, I shared my bottle. :)

jimnyc
09-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Jim - I REALLY would love to live close enough to you to go-out, or stay-in, drinking :)

Soon enough, I'll either venture out the Seahawk land or you can come to this crime ridden hellhole!

:laugh2:

Jim, you have to get rid of your empties!

Nah, I leave that for my Mommy to clean up. :laugh2:

dan
09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
While in NJ this weekend I had 2 decent sized Rum and Cokes. Woke up Sunday morning with a damn hangover that lasted most of the day. I used to be able to drink all night long, have a glass of ice water and some ibuprofen before going to bed, and wake up fine.

If you don't feel like crap the next day, you're not doing it right.

Rum and coke usually doesn't give me a hangover. It helps if you drink diet coke, it has less sugar, so you have less of a sugar crash in addition to hangover the next day.

truthmatters
09-17-2007, 11:28 AM
There is a product on the market called Chaser.

You take a couple of them during your drinking and then a couple before you go to bed.

They work quite well in my experience.

jimnyc
09-17-2007, 11:31 AM

You take a couple of them during your drinking and then a couple before you go to bed.

I heard of them before, but they cost money! I was too busy spending what little I had on alcohol and cigarettes!

truthmatters
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I heard of them before, but they cost money! I was too busy spending what little I had on alcohol and cigarettes!

They are money well spent and I swear they work for me.

dan
09-17-2007, 11:39 AM

But, in the commercial it says that they only work for up to 6 beers. Is that the case?

darin
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
But, in the commercial it says that they only work for up to 6 beers. Is that the case?

I think it's more like 1/4th of the case ;)

Gunny
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM

If you drink enough that you're still drunk the next day, you don't wake up with a hangover. You just post on political message boards.:laugh2:

truthmatters
09-17-2007, 11:48 AM

I can drink more than most females I know(its an Irish thing) and find no matter how much I drink they help.

My brother who is a nurse swears it just a placebo effect but I will take it even if that is all it is because I feel so much better than I would without it.

blonde43
09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
maybe you should have shared your rum with someone then you wouldn't have felt so bad the next day or at least maybe the other person would have felt worse than you

Mr. P
09-17-2007, 12:08 PM
maybe you should have shared your rum with someone then you wouldn't have felt so bad the next day or at least maybe the other person would have felt worse than you

Is that a Blond joke? :laugh2: :poke:

stephanie
09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Is that a Blond joke? :laugh2: :poke:

:laugh2::slap:

Monkeybone
09-17-2007, 01:04 PM
If you drink enough that you're still drunk the next day, you don't wake up with a hangover.

is there any other kinda drinking? i think that you know it was a good night when you wake up and you feel stumble and light headed.

and for the Chaser thing TM, you have no place calling yourself Irish if you have to take them. are you trying to dishonour your heritage or something? sheesh. i can drink over half a bottle of Captain(the big one) and not wake up with a hang over. same with beer. woot! now tequila...that shit fucks with me the next day. but that is what happens when you have nine shots of just that :puke:

GO BEING YOUNG!

Gunny
09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
is there any other kinda drinking? i think that you know it was a good night when you wake up and you feel stumble and light headed.

and for the Chaser thing, you have no place calling yourself Irish if you have to take them. are you trying to dishonour your heritage or something? sheesh. i can drink over half a bottle of Captain(the big one) and not wake up with a hang over. same with beer. woot! now teguila...that shit fucks with me the next day. but that is what happens when you have nine shot of just that :puke:

GO BEING YOUNG!

Dude, I think you got me mixed up with someone else. My family is Scot, not Irish and I will accept your most humble apology and pleas for your life at your leisure ....:poke:

And I have no idea what that "chaser" crap is.

Monkeybone
09-17-2007, 09:43 PM
sorry Gunny, that Irish comment was aimed at Truth it has been fixed, plz accept my deepest aplogies

Gunny
09-17-2007, 09:49 PM
sorry Gunny, that Irish comment was aimed at Truth it has been fixed, plz accept my deepest aplogies

I can't drink tequila anymore. makes me start looking for the liberals in the bar.:laugh2:

Monkeybone
09-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I can't drink tequila anymore. makes me start looking for the liberals in the bar.:laugh2:

lol. are you looking for some hippy free love or a fight Gunny?

Gunny
09-17-2007, 09:54 PM
lol. are you looking for some hippy free love or a fight Gunny?

They still have hippy free love bars?:smoke:

Monkeybone
09-18-2007, 07:19 AM
They still have hippy free love bars?:smoke:

i don't know...maybe on the coastes. i live in the sheltered Midwest.