PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to Homer

NightTrain
11-13-2020, 09:55 AM
Did a quick job in Homer yesterday, and snapped a few pics coming back as we out ran the blizzard rolling in from Kodiak.

It's almost time to fire up the snowmachines and get back into mountain busting!

darin
11-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Jeezus -

I know that road, yes?

And holy-cow i want that kinda winter. Completely jealous.

NightTrain
11-13-2020, 10:46 AM
Yep, that's the Seward Highway and you were looking at those same mountains in their summer dress just a couple months ago.

The upper pic is the top of Turnagain Pass, where all the avalanches happen with the guys on their big mountain sleds play.

darin
11-13-2020, 03:54 PM
The upper pic is the top of Turnagain Pass, where all the avalanches happen with the guys on their big mountain sleds play.

Hooligans!

Abbey Marie
11-13-2020, 04:06 PM
Yep, that's the Seward Highway and you were looking at those same mountains in their summer dress just a couple months ago.

Speaking of those sleds, is drinking while driving frowned-upon?
‘Cause I’m picturing these guys with flasks.
To keep warm, of course.

;)

jimnyc
11-13-2020, 05:03 PM
I love those snow covered mountains like that!

NightTrain
11-13-2020, 10:31 PM
To keep warm, of course.

;)

I've never ridden a sober mile in my life! :saluting2:

icansayit
11-13-2020, 10:59 PM
The AMERICA everyone should see before they get too old!

Thanks! Ain't No Ocean, or Beach anywhere near those Mighty Mountains!:thumb:

NightTrain
11-14-2020, 02:47 AM
To keep warm, of course.

;)

I've never ridden a sober mile in my life! :saluting2:

I joke, I joke.

When I'm breaking trail up the river, I'm stone cold sober because it's a dangerous bit of work and I have to be on my game. Sometimes a half-second miss in your timing lands you and your sled in the river, and if it happens to be deep there, you're done for.

However... once the trail is established, there's always Hot Damn Schnapps in my saddlebags. And my brother always has at least a half-rack on the back of his sled.

We're not reckless about it like we used to be, but there's a few drinks going around usually when things are safe.

There's just something about cinnamon Schnapps on a cold winter day.