PDA

View Full Version : FBI Agents Arrest Cincinnati Democrat For Accepting Bribes in Exchange For Votes

jimnyc
11-20-2020, 02:10 PM
Just another onto the list.

---

FBI Agents Arrest Cincinnati Democrat For Accepting Bribes in Exchange For Votes

FBI agents on Thursday arrested Cincinnati Democrat City Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld for accepting bribes in exchange for votes.

Thursday’s arrest of Sittenfeld marks the third arrest on the city council this year.

https://i.imgur.com/VMI9a0X.png

Fox19 reported:

Charges unveiled against Sittenfeld in his 20-page indictment allege he schemed to funnel money from developers into a political action committee (PAC) that he secretly controlled, court records show.

The “developers” were really undercover FBI agents who handed a total of $40,000 in Sittenfeld checks on three different occasions, according to the indictment.

Sittenfeld, who could not be immediately reached for comment, is running to be Cincinnati’s mayor and considered by some as the front runner with thousands of dollars raised for his campaign.

He is now the third Cincinnati City Councilmember to be arrested on corruption charges this year and the second in the past week alone.

Federal authorities recently revealed in court records they were investigating corruption and bribery related to votes and development projects and said more prosecution were coming.

U.S. Attorney David DeVillers said at a news conference last week that accepting campaign donations in exchange for favors also violates federal law.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/fbi-agents-arrest-cincinnati-democrat-accepting-bribes-exchange-votes/

Kathianne
11-20-2020, 03:00 PM
Just another onto the list.

---

FBI Agents Arrest Cincinnati Democrat For Accepting Bribes in Exchange For Votes

FBI agents on Thursday arrested Cincinnati Democrat City Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld for accepting bribes in exchange for votes.

Thursday’s arrest of Sittenfeld marks the third arrest on the city council this year.

https://i.imgur.com/VMI9a0X.png

Fox19 reported:

Charges unveiled against Sittenfeld in his 20-page indictment allege he schemed to funnel money from developers into a political action committee (PAC) that he secretly controlled, court records show.

The “developers” were really undercover FBI agents who handed a total of $40,000 in Sittenfeld checks on three different occasions, according to the indictment.

Sittenfeld, who could not be immediately reached for comment, is running to be Cincinnati’s mayor and considered by some as the front runner with thousands of dollars raised for his campaign.

He is now the third Cincinnati City Councilmember to be arrested on corruption charges this year and the second in the past week alone.

Federal authorities recently revealed in court records they were investigating corruption and bribery related to votes and development projects and said more prosecution were coming.

U.S. Attorney David DeVillers said at a news conference last week that accepting campaign donations in exchange for favors also violates federal law.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/fbi-agents-arrest-cincinnati-democrat-accepting-bribes-exchange-votes/

This is the fraud that is always with the system of government we had. It's what machine politics was based upon. Indeed, it is the arrests and convictions that nearly always followed elections.

There is little doubt in my mind, that something bigger was afoot this time. However, I'm still not convinced that Trump 'won' based upon the down ballot voting. In any case, I don't think it matters in the long run. I think our great experiment of Constitutional government is over, at least under the original Constitution.

jimnyc
11-20-2020, 03:12 PM
This is the fraud that is always with the system of government we had. It's what machine politics was based upon. Indeed, it is the arrests and convictions that nearly always followed elections.

There is little doubt in my mind, that something bigger was afoot this time. However, I'm still not convinced that Trump 'won' based upon the down ballot voting. In any case, I don't think it matters in the long run. I think our great experiment of Constitutional government is over, at least under the original Constitution.

There's no doubt what this software is capable of but that doesn't prove anything alone. But with the amount of algorithms built-in and the ability to run various options to change even a single thing? No thanks. It truly does - as reported - sound like something Venezuela would have used to ensure victory, and apparently did.

Kathianne
11-20-2020, 03:23 PM
There's no doubt what this software is capable of but that doesn't prove anything alone. But with the amount of algorithms built-in and the ability to run various options to change even a single thing? No thanks. It truly does - as reported - sound like something Venezuela would have used to ensure victory, and apparently did.

I agree, which I said on another thread, (there's many right now, sort of connected). The machine parts of fraud could easily be eliminated-eliminate all voting other than paper and pen. Once any mechanics are added, the manipulation of votes is easier.

Paper and pen can also lead to fraud, but like the example above, pretty easy to identify.

jimnyc
11-20-2020, 03:32 PM
I agree, which I said on another thread, (there's many right now, sort of connected). The machine parts of fraud could easily be eliminated-eliminate all voting other than paper and pen. Once any mechanics are added, the manipulation of votes is easier.

Paper and pen can also lead to fraud, but like the example above, pretty easy to identify.

Any software is an issue IMO. They need something designed that can be embedded within a hardware chip of some sort, for example, and working to make it impossible to alter. I dunno, and even that can be altered, but more difficult.

When it comes to our elections - technology can be it's worst enemy. As technology advances then so does hacking. Anything that can be engineered can be reverse engineered. Any code created can be attacked and altered. Just way too many variables once you introduce the digital world.

So my vote is for the old fashioned way. And if going forward and population increases and voters also increase - then worst case - extend the amount of time for votes to be calculated. I'd rather have a slower but mostly fraud free election than a digital world of who in the F knows.

Kathianne
11-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Any software is an issue IMO. They need something designed that can be embedded within a hardware chip of some sort, for example, and working to make it impossible to alter. I dunno, and even that can be altered, but more difficult.

When it comes to our elections - technology can be it's worst enemy. As technology advances then so does hacking. Anything that can be engineered can be reverse engineered. Any code created can be attacked and altered. Just way too many variables once you introduce the digital world.

So my vote is for the old fashioned way. And if going forward and population increases and voters also increase - then worst case - extend the amount of time for votes to be calculated. I'd rather have a slower but mostly fraud free election than a digital world of who in the F knows.

I've always thought as a Luddite regarding elections. I trust neither the machines, much less than anyone that designed them or the software. Eliminate it.

SassyLady
11-20-2020, 06:39 PM
Have early voting as we do now but all votes are cast in person, with photo ID. And vote counters are 2 people and no two are from same party.

Kathianne
11-20-2020, 07:37 PM
Have early voting as we do now but all votes are cast in person, with photo ID. And vote counters are 2 people and no two are from same party.
I think only mail in voting, must ask for x number of weeks before, return by a definite date. No more big mail ins or other “early voting.”

SassyLady
11-21-2020, 01:02 AM
From what's going on, no matter how we vote or when, no machines involved ... well, maybe calculators. I don't trust scanners anymore.

jimnyc
11-21-2020, 03:07 PM
From what's going on, no matter how we vote or when, no machines involved ... well, maybe calculators. I don't trust scanners anymore.

I would like to go backwards and do it all by hand and eliminate technology from the equation. Any talk and pushing about efficiency is useless if the integrity of our elections are called into question. I don't care if created by Trump himself, software is simply abusable.

icansayit
11-21-2020, 05:14 PM
For ONLY the Presidential Race, and no others.

Repeat how they voted in IRAQ several years ago when EVERY VOTER dipped One finger in either Red or Blue Ink to Prove...WHO THEY VOTED FOR. And Keep an ACCURATE count????

In the most modern, resourceful nation on Earth. WHY CAN'T WE JUST "K.I.S.S.?"

(Keep It Simple Stupid)