PDA

View Full Version : OAN and Newsmax

Evmetro
11-22-2020, 12:42 PM
OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie, so here is a little info on how to view these righty media sources.

Firestick tv is my preferred way. It is a little thumb drive thingy that plugs into an hdmi port of your TV, and it comes with a little remote. Firestick costs less than 50 bucks at Best Buy, eBay, or amazon, and there are no service or subscription charges to run the firestick itself. OAN charges 5 bucks a month, Newsmax is free. There is a new 4k version of firestick available now, well worth it and still less than 50 bucks.

Klowd tv is another way. Klowd ( klowdtv.com ) can be used on a home computer via url, or it can be used via their app on your smart device. It can also be accessed from firestick. Klowd has a $10 package and a $5 package. The $5 package has 8 channels including OAN and Newsmax, and the $10 package has about 80 channels. I just pay the 5 dollars for the basic package, since I can access it from my firestick and don't need to pay the $5 fee to access OAN from firestick. The Klowd app allows me to watch OAN and Newsmax from my phone or tablet wherever I am, and I can use the same sign in credentials on my firestick to watch it on my big screens at home.

Evmetro
11-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Also, Newsmax has an app you can download to your phone or tablet for free, and there are no charges for service. This is probably why Newsmax is taking in fox News refugees faster than OAN is. I'm a news junkie though, so I need both.

Evmetro
11-22-2020, 05:43 PM
How does this thread get more than 20 views if there are only 5 active members here?

Abbey Marie
11-23-2020, 08:23 PM
A lot of people read but don’t log in. Or even join.

icansayit
11-23-2020, 08:29 PM
How does this thread get more than 20 views if there are only 5 active members here?

Probably the same way all of those invisible, late people voted in PA, and Michigan after the polls closed.

Abbey Marie
11-23-2020, 08:38 PM
Probably the same way all of those invisible, late people voted in PA, and Michigan after the polls closed.

:laugh2:

jimnyc
11-24-2020, 01:24 PM

Guests count as views too. I believe it's based on the IP address reading the thread and cookie based as well. And while we are a small tiny board, we do have more than active, usually, I think. And folks, as Abbey pointed out, will login to the board but rarely post. All good. Don't sell us short man, it's more like 7 to 10 lately, or maybe 5 at times. :laugh2:

Or this, the wise man has spoken. Invisible and late, some dead, some not from there & a collection of unknown people in unknown locations ultimately counted/decided things.

Kathianne
11-24-2020, 01:27 PM
Guests count as views too. I believe it's based on the IP address reading the thread and cookie based as well. And while we are a small tiny board, we do have more than active, usually, I think. And folks, as Abbey pointed out, will login to the board but rarely post. All good. Don't sell us short man, it's more like 7 to 10 lately, or maybe 5 at times. :laugh2:

Or this, the wise man has spoken. Invisible and late, some dead, some not from there & a collection of unknown people in unknown locations ultimately counted/decided things.

and many times we read without saying a word. Counts as 'view.' I view many more than I respond to.

jimnyc
11-24-2020, 01:40 PM
and many times we read without saying a word. Counts as 'view.' I view many more than I respond to.

Many "readers" come here, both members and guests alike. We probably have more members that login just to read than we do posting members! :laugh:

Evmetro
11-25-2020, 07:32 PM
I'll try and post something when I drop in here