PDA

View Full Version : Vision of Heaven or Hell

Sitarro
09-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Looking out the window on the way back from Florida over the Gulf of Mexico at about 37,000 feet.......

stephanie
09-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Excellent Picture Sittaro...

I saw both in the picture...:cheers2:

Sitarro
09-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Excellent Picture Sittaro...

I saw both in the picture...:cheers2:

Thank you Steph,
Funny, I only see the hell-ary in your avatar:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

It gives me nightmares.

Jon
09-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Looking out the window on the way back from Florida over the Gulf of Mexico at about 37,000 feet.......

Film or digital? Looks like film to me.

Beautiful colors and nice rule of thirds composition.

Sitarro
09-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Film or digital? Looks like film to me.

Beautiful colors and nice rule of thirds composition.

That same Olympus E-10, the original looks better but you can't go too big with it, a bit noisy( It's alright since it's shot through those awful airliner windows). Did you notice the cloud that looks a little like Abe Lincoln looking down (left an above center, lighter cloud)?

Speaking of airline windows, have you ever shot through them with a polarizer, you get really bizaar effects(wierd color and some moire like patterns, but only sometimes).

thanks, I liked the composition also.

Jon
09-18-2007, 05:32 AM
That same Olympus E-10, the original looks better but you can't go too big with it, a bit noisy( It's alright since it's shot through those awful airliner windows). Did you notice the cloud that looks a little like Abe Lincoln looking down (left an above center, lighter cloud)?

Speaking of airline windows, have you ever shot through them with a polarizer, you get really bizaar effects(wierd color and some moire like patterns, but only sometimes).

thanks, I liked the composition also.

Did you post process to get that nice saturation, or are the E-10 files always like that? The image looks a tad soft to me, but nicely saturated, so I immediately thought film.

I've never shot through airline windows before, but a quick google search turned up many explanations for the phenomenon you describe. Interesting.

Sitarro
09-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Did you post process to get that nice saturation, or are the E-10 files always like that? The image looks a tad soft to me, but nicely saturated, so I immediately thought film.

I've never shot through airline windows before, but a quick google search turned up many explanations for the phenomenon you describe. Interesting.

I did bump up the saturation a bit because it seems that you lose some when you save it for the web, it does look about right on my monitor. I didn't give it any sharpening, I was afraid it would accentuate the noise I was already seeing.

I've never researched it so I always figured there was some kind of coating or maybe a filter between 2 pieces of plexi that had an ultraviolet filter it..... is that close? That is why I was amazed that I got anything at all with those shots of Manhattan.