PDA

View Full Version : Let him speak

truthmatters
09-18-2007, 10:22 AM
http://rawstory.com//news/2007/D.C._AntiWar_Protest_Not_Scheduled_Unwanted_0916.h tml

they cut his mic and the crowds chanted "let him speak"

Unscheduled speaker crashes DC anti-war protest Mike Aivaz and Muriel Kane
Published: Monday September 17, 2007

During Saturday's anti-war rally in Washington, DC, a counter-demonstrator made his way onto the stage at one point, saying, "I'm not scheduled to speak today, but I do want to bring a different point."

The crowd listened attentively as he began, "I stand before you with respect for your convictions," but the moment he announced, "I'm a conservative," the microphone was shut off amid a chorus of boos. The boos, however, quickly changed to chants of "Let him speak, let him speak," and after some discussion onstage, the microphone was turned back on.

"All I'm about is protecting our soldiers, alright?" said the counter-demonstrator. "Now, all of you believe war is bad, but unfortunately, sometimes that bad is the best American defense. There is an enemy at our doorstep that wants us dead, and they will do everything that they can in their power ..."

When the crowd heard those over-familiar arguments, the boos broke out again, more loudly, cutting off the speaker. Then Reverend Lennox Yearwood of the Hip-Hop Caucus -- who was injured in an altercation with Capitol police last week when he tried to get into the Petraeus hearing -- hobbled up on crutches. Yearwood put his arm over the shoulder of the counter-demonstrator, who put an arm around him in return.

"This is awesome," Yearwood stated. "This is what democracy looks like. ... We might not agree on philosophy, but I'll be damned if I kill this man. Because Iraqis don't agree with you, we drop bombs on Baghdad. This is what we're fighting for. We're fighting for democracy, that you're conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat, black or white. It's about Power to the People! ... Stop this war!"

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:28 AM
http://rawstory.com//news/2007/D.C._AntiWar_Protest_Not_Scheduled_Unwanted_0916.h tml

yes let him....

http://www.local10.com/news/14138122/detail.html?rss=mia&psp=news

darin
09-18-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm really surprised the hate-mongers attending that ralley didn't actually kill that guy. :)

darin
09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
yes let him....

http://www.local10.com/news/14138122/detail.html?rss=mia&psp=news

I hope he gets millions. :)

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:37 AM

BUT .... after he started speaking and they didn't like what he said...... "the boos broke out again, more loudly, cutting off the speaker."

Monkeybone
09-18-2007, 10:38 AM
well yah Manu, don't you know the louder you are the more correct you are. it also makes you the majority.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
well yah Manu, don't you know the louder you are the more correct you are. it also makes you the majority.

yes i have argued with liberals at dinner parties in the san francisco bay area.....

it is easy...you just tell them:

you voted for bush...kerry is a traitor.....hillary is weak for not leaving bill....criminals should be arrested.....abortion is wrong but legal....the death penalty takes too long and should be more painful.....the welfare system is wrong because it undermines evolution and darwins therory....

then sit back with a cigar and a scotch and watch the floor show.....

Monkeybone
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
lol, it won't let me give you any rep for that.

darin
09-18-2007, 10:55 AM
lol, it won't let me give you any rep for that.

I gotcha covered. :)

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I gotcha covered. :)

thanks.....the darwin one always stumps em for a bit....

retiredman
09-18-2007, 11:04 AM
yes i have argued with liberals at dinner parties in the san francisco bay area.....

you voted for bush...kerry is a traitor.....hillary is weak for not leaving bill....criminals should be arrested.....abortion is wrong but legal....the death penalty takes too long and should be more painful.....the welfare system is wrong because it undermines evolution and darwins therory....

and yet you complain when liberals don't care to even try to engage the right in thoughtful dialog.

hmmmm

manu1959
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
and yet you complain when liberals don't care to even try to engage the right in thoughtful dialog.

hmmmm

you mean like your post? :lol:

on second thought....i have no such expectation of the left.....it is beyond them

mrg666
09-18-2007, 11:12 AM

thats all good common sense in my book :clap:

retiredman
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
you mean like your post? :lol:

on second thought....i have no such expectation of the left.....it is beyond them

are you suggesting that your cute little diatribe should be the starting point for thoughtful dialog?

I certainly hope you don't drink GOOD scotch...it would certainly be wasted on you.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
are you suggesting that your cute little diatribe should be the starting point for thoughtful dialog?

I certainly hope you don't drink GOOD scotch...it would certainly be wasted on you.

it is acute little diatribe, it is like catnip to the bay area tree huggers.....

i drink mortlach and smoke davidoffs.....you?

have you outsourced your retirement south of the border yet.....

darin
09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
↑↑↑↑

Ooh...MFM....you sure burned him. Whatever.

retiredman
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
it is acute little diatribe, it is like catnip to the bay area tree huggers.....

i drink mortlach and smoke davidoffs.....you?

have you outsourced your retirement south of the border yet.....

it may be catnip to them, but it certainly does not inspire me to engage in any thoughtful dialog with you on any of those topics.

However, to address your additional comments....

I drink The Famous Grouse normally, and Springbank for special times.

I haven't smoked cigars since a year before my heart attack.

Re: retirement home.... some delays encountered. methinks buyer has cold feet.... I may pull out if it goes too much longer

retiredman
09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
manu...did you hear the chirping of immature crickets?:lol: