PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill Banning Biological Men From...

jimnyc
12-11-2020, 08:10 PM
The arguments to ensure fairness - by making sure men don't compete against women and beat them unfairly.

Ok, I get that part, it makes sense to me.

But when it's transgender that want rights to play sports, they use the same arguments. When it's 2 guys in Connecticut who are transgender, then run track in women's events - and have ran away from others and have won all events for a few years (when they did, this was a few years ago). The girls who may have otherwise won with record times had their dreams shattered and are left in tears.

At times, people will have to deal with limitations. This is one of them. Stores/schools that allow for transgender in rest rooms and locker rooms, or guys that simply see themselves as a women's gender. It should be limited.

Yeah, it sucks if someone simply wants to be themselves. But there are times of understanding and compromise as well. And that would be two of them.

---

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill Banning Biological Men From Competing in Women's Sports

Hawaii’s Rep. Tulsi Gabbard ran for president as something of a moderate Democrat in a field full of prominent radicals. It’s hard trying to be moderate when so many of your fellows have gone off the deep end.

That’s much of the Democratic Party, especially on issues relating to transgender athletes. To believe that boys thinking they’re girls should be allowed to compete against females in sports is illogical and delusional.

This means it’s just fine with many Democrats.

Rep. Gabbard, along with Republican Rep. Markwayne Mullin, has introduced legislation that would bring some much-needed sanity to the transgender issue by clarifying that Title IX protections for women athletes are to be based on biological sex — no boys allowed.

Daily Caller:

“Title IX was a historic provision championed by Hawaii’s own Congresswoman Patsy Mink in order to provide equal opportunity for women and girls in high school and college sports,” Gabbard said in the statement. “It led to a generational shift that impacted countless women, creating life-changing opportunities for girls and women that never existed before.”

“However, Title IX is being weakened by some states who are misinterpreting Title IX, creating uncertainty, undue hardship and lost opportunities for female athletes. Our legislation protects Title IX’s original intent which was based on the general biological distinction between men and women athletes based on sex.”

For his part, Rep. Mullin has a personal stake in the issue.

“Title IX was designed to give women and girls an equal chance to succeed, including in sports,” Mullin said. “Allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports diminishes that equality and takes away from the original intent of Title IX.”

“As the father of three girls involved in athletics, I want them to be able to compete on a level playing field. I am proud to lead this bill that will safeguard the integrity of women’s sports and ensure female athletes can compete fairly,” he continued.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2020/12/11/rep-tulsi-gabbard-introduces-bill-that-would-allow-only-biological-females-to-compete-in-womens-sports-n1205154

Russ
12-11-2020, 09:51 PM
I agree with Tulsi on this, and I sympathize with women athletes who have been the victim of this situation. I can't see this bill ever being agreed to by Dems, though, since it makes some of their "woke" policies look stupid.

gabosaurus
12-12-2020, 10:27 AM
I have been studying this topic for years. I believe the original case of biological men competing with women came from a high school on the east coast. A male sprinter who always finished at the back of the pack in middle school decided (or his parents decided) that he/she would now identify as a female. The state decided to allow him to compete in female competition and **suprise!** he started winning races! Same with a male high school wrestler in Texas who went unbeaten for two years competing against females. I am OK with recognizing men who want to be identified as women. As long as they don't want to compete in athletics.