PDA

View Full Version : bye bye mr and mrs racoon and family....

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-nightstalker-kit.html

darin
09-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Wuss...you're turning SOFT living down there..

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/499692838_85fa5ea875.jpg

manu1959
09-18-2007, 11:03 AM

lol....i wish....somehow i think my neighbors would be pissed.....

now i need to make a "noise suppresion device" for my new toy

darin
09-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Google is your friend. ;) But how loud can a co2 gun be? Typically, silencers serve to slow the bullet down, so it doesn't go super-sonic.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Google is your friend. ;) But how loud can a co2 gun be? Typically, silencers serve to slow the bullet down, so it doesn't go super-sonic.

at night in a backyard like yours .....super quiet is good....

Mr. P
09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I like this one. No co2 to buy and I've seen a pellet penetrate a leather shoe, embed in the side of a foot from 50 yards. Kids just shouldn't have these. ;)

http://www.airgundepot.com/cb9.html

jackass
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Maybe...but the first one looks MUCH cooler! :D

manu1959
09-18-2007, 04:28 PM
I like this one. No co2 to buy and I've seen a pellet penetrate a leather shoe, embed in the side of a foot from 50 yards. Kids just shouldn't have these. ;)

http://www.airgundepot.com/cb9.html

i have that one....single shot bolt action....no go at night plus after one shot the racoons run off.....the new one is semi auto with night capabilities.....

Mr. P
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
i have that one....single shot bolt action....no go at night plus after one shot the racoons run off.....the new one is semi auto with night capabilities.....

Practice, grasshopper. If ya hit the target it won't run. :) :poke:

Can't ya buy a red-dot sight for it?

Kathianne
09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
The title intrigued me. :lol: About 25 years ago, give or take, my parents' nearly 90 year old house needed some updates, bad. They were actually underway, when a family of raccoons had climbed the ancient pine trees in front, jumped onto the roof, chewed through the tiles and wood, and set up housekeeping in the attic.

Did I mention they chewed through the electrical wiring, much of it in place since the house was built in the early 1900's? That started a fire at the electrical box in the basement, which of course knocked out the electricity to the house. Actually it even temporarily knocked out the electricity to the block, which was interesting. ;)

Well there was all sorts of things that needed to be done, first of course the wiring, oh before that, dealing with the raccoons, that were having a gay old time throwing Haviland china around like frisbees. Well the folks called the 'animal control' people that came and set traps. Seems the raccoons, even the babies, knew better than to fool with them. Then they set food with tranquilizers, seems the raccoons liked cardboard boxes, roof tiles, and electrical wires more.

After 3 days in the dark, my brother got some cops over. They brought tranquilzer darts, but that was a no go, deemed too dangerous with low ceilings in the attic. However, their aiming guns at them, seemed to convince that raccoons to move out of the attic, down the pine trees, and probably into a neighbors attic. Raccoons seem very smart.

This would lead to the roofing story, but that would probably be 'over the top.'

Mr. P
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
The title intrigued me. :lol: About 25 years ago, give or take, my parents' nearly 90 year old house needed some updates, bad. They were actually underway, when a family of raccoons had climbed the ancient pine trees in front, jumped onto the roof, chewed through the tiles and wood, and set up housekeeping in the attic.

Did I mention they chewed through the electrical wiring, much of it in place since the house was built in the early 1900's? That started a fire at the electrical box in the basement, which of course knocked out the electricity to the house. Actually it even temporarily knocked out the electricity to the block, which was interesting. ;)

Well there was all sorts of things that needed to be done, first of course the wiring, oh before that, dealing with the raccoons, that were having a gay old time throwing Haviland china around like frisbees. Well the folks called the 'animal control' people that came and set traps. Seems the raccoons, even the babies, knew better than to fool with them. Then they set food with tranquilizers, seems the raccoons liked cardboard boxes, roof tiles, and electrical wires more.

After 3 days in the dark, my brother got some cops over. They brought tranquilzer darts, but that was a no go, deemed too dangerous with low ceilings in the attic. However, their aiming guns at them, seemed to convince that raccoons to move out of the attic, down the pine trees, and probably into a neighbors attic. Raccoons seem very smart.

This would lead to the roofing story, but that would probably be 'over the top.'

DAMN COONS! Always lookin for free rent! :):dev3:

Kathianne
09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
DAMN COONS! Always lookin for free rent! :):dev3:

Too true. The ticketing of a women that looked like my mom was even more interesting, but as I said, that is another story! Let's just say, my brother in his earlier years has a temper, much like myself. ;)

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Imagine, if you will, camping next to the beach on the Oregon coast. Next imagine having a nice roaring fire, hotdogs, corn, etc all ready, table set with all the fixins and you turn your back to the table to tend the fire. A few moments go by and you turn to the table and notice Mr. and Mrs. Racoon having the time of their life devouring all your food.

Without thinking I picked up a stone, like those picture above, threw the stone towards the coons to scare them and the damn stone ricocheted off the table and struck one of the racoons. The racoon falls dead off the table. Lands on his back with all four legs dead straight in the air.

No, he was just knocked out, came to about 2 minutes later and scampered off. But one of the funniest things I ever saw. The look of horror on my wife's face was priceless.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Practice, grasshopper. If ya hit the target it won't run. :) :poke:

Can't ya buy a red-dot sight for it?

i can hit a humming bird with it at 25 yrds.....i want to put 12 rounds into that little fucker.....i spent 250,000 into my yard and these little fuckers are wrecking it....i don't want them dead...i want them to suffer

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Imagine, if you will, camping next to the beach on the Oregon coast. Next imagine having a nice roaring fire, hotdogs, corn, etc all ready, table set with all the fixins and you turn your back to the table to tend the fire. A few moments go by and you turn to the table and notice Mr. and Mrs. Racoon having the time of their life devouring all your food.

Without thinking I picked up a stone, like those picture above, threw the stone towards the coons to scare them and the damn stone ricocheted off the table and struck one of the racoons. The racoon falls dead off the table. Lands on his back with all four legs dead straight in the air.

No, he was just knocked out, came to about 2 minutes later and scampered off. But one of the funniest things I ever saw. The look of horror on my wife's face was priceless.

nice shot....

manu1959
10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
manu1959-3......racoons-nil

Mr. P
10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
manu1959-3......racoons-nil

KILLER!

Did ya back em or fry em?

manu1959
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
KILLER!

Did ya back em or fry em?

burried em.....2 head shots.....

Mr. P
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
burried em.....2 head shots.....

What a waste of good coon meat! Damn LEFT COASTER! :slap:

manu1959
10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
What a waste of good coon meat! Damn LEFT COASTER! :slap:

i will fed x the next one to ya....

Mr. P
10-01-2007, 11:30 PM
i will fed x the next one to ya....

Cleaned please. :cheers2:......:laugh2:

Said1
10-02-2007, 06:31 PM

I could have used that this morning for some of the 'ladies' (and I use that word VERY loosely) at work.