PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Mandalorian

jimnyc
12-12-2020, 02:07 PM
This is what happens if you refuse to adapt to Hollywood's leftist views. Their movie and their money, so it's their right to do so. But folks watching the movies also have the right to not tune in or watch if they don't care for their actions.

Pretty insane though that you can't hold your own views and if you do, you may have to apologize for them. :( :rolleyes:

---

Report Says Disney Threatening to Cancel ‘Mandalorian’ Spinoff Over Actress’s Tweets

Star Wars star Gina Carano’s politically incorrect Twitter persona might cost her an upcoming Disney show if she doesn’t apologize.

Apparently, Carano has found herself in more controversy for social media posts. Pop culture outlet “We Got This Covered” cited the claim from one reputable Hollywood insider that The Mandalorian actress has been threatened with the cancellation of her upcoming Star Wars spin off show if she doesn’t apologize for being critical of liberal groupthink.

The actress, who plays a former Rebel mercenary-turned-freedom fighter on the massively popular Disney+ series, has routinely attacked current cultural narratives she disagrees with. She’s gone after what she believes have been overbearing and job-killing COVID lockdown orders, has rebuked online trans activists who have gone after her for refusing to put her pronouns in her Twitter bio, and pushed back against those that have called her a “fuckin’ racist” for not publicly-endorsing the tenets of Black Lives Matter.

Of course, Carano is well within her rights to post her opinions online, and these certainly aren’t the most right-wing perspectives in the world. Honestly, most of the cases seem to be her defending her position from aggressors who think her opinions are backwards, and the people trying to get her cancelled have revealed themselves to be intolerant of anything that doesn’t pass the left-wing radical purity test.

Again, she’s never claimed to be conservative, or a Trump-supporter for that matter, she just maintains that she’s against "cowards and bullies."

But according to pop culture reporter Daniel Richtman, the whining Carano has inspired among the woke mob on Twitter has prompted Disney to issue a warning to the actress and former MMA fighter. There has been talk of the actress’s character getting a spinoff series based on Cara Dune, but Disney has supposedly threatened to pull that off the table if Carano doesn’t apologize for her Twitter persona.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/gabriel-hays/2020/12/11/report-says-disney-threatening-cancel-mandalorian-spinoff

NightTrain
12-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Love that show. My brother is totally infatuated with baby Yoda.

And Gina is a badass in the MMA world... plus she's very hot. An okay actor but makes up for it in other ways. :happy0203:

I applaud her for standing up to the insane liberal woke mob. Fuck 'em.

NightTrain
12-12-2020, 04:07 PM
Oh, and do you know who plays the Mandalorian? He's the Spanish guy in Game of Thrones who beat the Mountain in that duel, but got killed anyway. Kinda cool.

jimnyc
12-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Oh, and do you know who plays the Mandalorian? He's the Spanish guy in Game of Thrones who beat the Mountain in that duel, but got killed anyway. Kinda cool.

Shit, I remember that scene like the back of my hand! I was a huge GOT fan and still am! Ok, so I revisited for a better telling ;)

"You're going to fight that?" - "I'm going to kill that!"

"You raped my sister, you murdered her & you killed her children" he says over and over as he actually is winning the fight with amazing leaps and spins and moves that the Mountain couldn't keep up with.

Then the killer - he sliced the Achilles on his legs and put him on his ass and immobile and ready to die. The Viper took advantage as the Mountain laid flat on his back - he charged, jumped in air and comes downward with his sword right into his chest.

Game over, Viper wins. But as the entire city is watching, as is Tywin Lannister, leader of that family & also Hand to the King - and also the one who gave the order to have Elia Martell murdered. So now that he has won - he is demanding that The Mountain confess on the spot and state who gave the order.

The Viper was growing more and more visibly angered that he wouldn't state the name out loud - so he was even pointing at Tywin as he was screaming "Who gave the order?"

*BOOM* with one hand, the huge monster of a man swipes his feet and entire body out from underneath him and the Viper falls, and now lays next to the Mountain. He then picks up the Viper and holds him above him with one hand as he pulverizes him with his right hand, knocking out many teeth with one solid punch!!

Then rolled over, got on top of the Viper, started to put his thumbs into his eye sockets while squeezing his entire head!

As he wished - The Mountain then started loudly speaking "Elia Martell, I killed her children & I raped her & then I smashed her head in like this" - and squeezes so hard that his entire head explodes on the spot!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM9wWtHozCM

NightTrain
12-12-2020, 11:04 PM
You know, I'm completely baffled as to why HBO was in such a hurry to end Game of Thrones. By far and away the most successful series ever, and a real cash cow.

Shar and I were both 100% addicted and we don't do that, just because we've got enough real life funzies to keep us occupied.

That last season was rushed and subpar. 6 or 7 seasons of greatness and an ever-expanding plot to just tie everything up in a few episodes was such a letdown. I mean, there were some amazing scenes like Aria killing the Ice dude but it was rushed. A few more episodes to fully end things properly would have been satisfying. Probably another full season.

But still, I'm grateful for the series and a huge fan.

I suppose the biggest driving factor was the fact that the stars were ready to move on - but I'm sure that for most of them, it was their professional zenith.

jimnyc
12-13-2020, 02:15 PM
You know, I'm completely baffled as to why HBO was in such a hurry to end Game of Thrones. By far and away the most successful series ever, and a real cash cow.

Shar and I were both 100% addicted and we don't do that, just because we've got enough real life funzies to keep us occupied.

That last season was rushed and subpar. 6 or 7 seasons of greatness and an ever-expanding plot to just tie everything up in a few episodes was such a letdown. I mean, there were some amazing scenes like Aria killing the Ice dude but it was rushed. A few more episodes to fully end things properly would have been satisfying. Probably another full season.

But still, I'm grateful for the series and a huge fan.

I suppose the biggest driving factor was the fact that the stars were ready to move on - but I'm sure that for most of them, it was their professional zenith.

So many story lines were left unanswered - or they could have written them on and on, and continued the best series & easily get many more years out of it.

The Night King was the strongest and most mysterious character, and they just dropped him like a fly after all of that. Don't get me wrong, it was a great scene and move by Arya Stark. She had one of the greatest storylines out of all of the characters too. A tiny little girl slowly turning into a hardened warrior. But still - WHO was the Night King, what did he want? Why now? They could have "brought him to life" in a manner and stretch out his death, or stretch out the battle down into Kings Landing with him? Why didn't he kill Sam when he saw him north of the wall? And that's just one character, one clan. And as quickly as they ended that saga after building him/them up for 7 years, also happened with so many other families and stories.

Who was and what was and what happened to babies from Caster's house north of the wall? They never finished that story.
Cersei, built her up to invincible, and Jaime and his storyline, and both went out with a whimper.
I thought the last scene at Kings Landing with all the families - LAME - after all those years.
Jon Snow. The hero of all heroes and he gets sent north of the wall and ends as a bum?
So many killed off for lame reasons rather than end storylines.
Bran - ends as King - but they failed in fully telling his backstory and the entire going back in time crap.
Azor Ahai? Who the hell was he?
And so so many more questions I have!!