PDA

View Full Version : Heckler tased at a John Kerry event - LOL!

-Cp
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Listen to this retard - OMG - he sounds like SUCH a typical pansy-assed LIBERAL - screaming like a little girl!

http://www.local10.com/news/14138122/detail.html?rss=mia&psp=news - for the news story.

Kerry condems the arrest:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/09/students-rally-.html

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bVa6jn4rpE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bVa6jn4rpE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=3ec_1190097717" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

April15
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
All he was doing was asking questions about Bush.

darin
09-18-2007, 01:32 PM
right...and all the terrorists from 911 were doing is expressing their displeasure with our aide to Israel.

:-/

stephanie
09-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Did you see all those peace loving Dems...Clap and Cheer....as the dude was being shocked..

:eek:

truthmatters
09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Kerry Condemns Heckler Arrest
Email
Share September 18, 2007 11:48 AM

ABC News' Rick Klein Reports: Sen. John Kerry on Tuesday comdemned the arrest of a University of Florida student at one of his speeches, saying that he was engaged in a "good healthy discussion" with 21-year-old Andrew Meyer when he was Tasered and taken into custody.

"In 37 years of public appearances, through wars, protests and highly emotional events, I have never had a dialogue end this way," Kerry said in a statement. "I believe I could have handled the situation without interruption, but I do not know what warnings or other exchanges transpired between the young man and the police prior to his barging to the front of the line and their intervention. I asked the police to allow me to answer the question and was in the process of responding when he was taken into custody."

"I was not aware that a taser was used until after I left the building," he continued. "I hope that neither the student nor any of the police were injured. I regret enormously that a good healthy discussion was interrupted."

For politicians, hecklers come with the territory. But the arrest and detention of Meyer at Kerry speech on Monday stood out in at least two respects: Police acted aggressively in trying to silence Meyer, and the entire incident was captures on video -- making it an immediate Internet and TV sensation.

Kerry condems the arrest:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...ts-rally-.html

Good for Kerry

Monkeybone
09-18-2007, 01:44 PM
he also wasn't just tasered and taken into custody. he resisted and then was tasered. if they would have just tried to remove him without it, then somone might have ended up getting hurt.

09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
yeah well wouldnt you be resisting arrest if some campus police tried to arrest you for just asking a question? I know it would probably be my first instinct.

You'd think Senator Kerry with all his power would have just been like "Let the kid go" rather than condemning it afterwards. I mean hello?! Get off your ass and do something rather than make a comment after its impossible to.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 05:31 PM
right...and all the terrorists from 911 were doing is expressing their displeasure with our aide to Israel.

:-/

I'm assuming this statement is tongue in cheek -- you can't be serious about that statement. It's that dumb.

he also wasn't just tasered and taken into custody. he resisted and then was tasered. if they would have just tried to remove him without it, then somone might have ended up getting hurt.

He was being arrested for merely asking an elected official a question. If you were put in that spot, you'd resist too.

The point is that we are living in a pseudo-police state. Dissent is allowed less and less, and free expression is being trampled upon. You are taking a slow road to authoritarianism.

yeah well wouldnt you be resisting arrest if some campus police tried to arrest you for just asking a question? I know it would probably be my first instinct.

Exactly.

You'd think Senator Kerry with all his power would have just been like "Let the kid go" rather than condemning it afterwards. I mean hello?! Get off your ass and do something rather than make a comment after its impossible to.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I was watching it. I wish Kerry had some balls, and stopped the fascists while they tried to arrest the kid for asking a question.

darin
09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm assuming this statement is tongue in cheek -- you can't be serious about that statement. It's that dumb.

Read it in context to the statement to which I was responding.

He was being arrested for merely asking an elected official a question. If you were put in that spot, you'd resist too.

That's one of the most dishonest statements ever.

The point is that we are living in a pseudo-police state. Dissent is allowed less and less, and free expression is being trampled upon. You are taking a slow road to authoritarianism.

When a body is invited to a forum, he's subject to the rules of the organizers of the forum. This is NOT a 'free speech' issue.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I was watching it. I wish Kerry had some balls, and stopped the fascists while they tried to arrest the kid for asking a question.

Indeed - he was probably thinking "how will I spin this to blame george bush?"

:)

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Read it in context to the statement to which I was responding.

In other words, you believe asking a question regarding whether Bush should be impeached (I don't think he should) or stole the election (I don't think he did) is analogous to terrorists killing 3000 people? I'd say you're either (1) really dumb or (2) incredibly disrespectful to the memory of the people that lost their lives on 9/11.

That's one of the most dishonest statements ever.

No, it's not even close.

When a body is invited to a forum, he's subject to the rules of the organizers of the forum. This is NOT a 'free speech' issue.

Our elected representatives have a responsibility to the people. I know you neocons believe it's acceptable to trample dissent, but in the end, you're nothing but a neofascist.

Indeed - he was probably thinking "how will I spin this to blame george bush?"

My guess is that he knew it was wrong, but didn't want to get involved out of the sheer fear he would look bad or like an idiot, which is a definite possibility -- either way, it was cowardly on Kerry's part. He should have stopped the fascist police force. He didn't. Shame on him.

darin
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
In other words, you believe asking a question regarding whether Bush should be impeached (I don't think he should) or stole the election (I don't think he did) is analogous to terrorists killing 3000 people? I'd say you're either (1) really dumb or (2) incredibly disrespectful to the memory of the people that lost their lives on 9/11.

If "all he was doing was asking a question" - then "all the terrorists were doing was expressing their opinion"

It's a reasonable comparison.

That guy was Not "Just asking a question" - he was being belligerent and failing to comply with the instructions of Police officers. Don't play stupid.

No, it's not even close

You're playing stupid.

Our elected representatives have a responsibility to the people. I know you neocons believe it's acceptable to trample dissent, but in the end, you're nothing but a neofascist.

What the hell are you talking about now?

My guess is that he knew it was wrong, but didn't want to get involved out of the sheer fear he would look bad or like an idiot, which is a definite possibility -- either way, it was cowardly on Kerry's part. He should have stopped the fascist police force. He didn't. Shame on him.

...likewise, the idiot who got tazed should have followed the rules of the forum.

The whiny probably mentally unstable fock who caused the problem is to blame here..nobody else.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 07:20 PM
If "all he was doing was asking a question" - then "all the terrorists were doing was expressing their opinion"

It's a reasonable comparison.

That guy was Not "Just asking a question" - he was being belligerent and failing to comply with the instructions of Police officers. Don't play stupid.

So you believe failing to listen to a police offer to stand down is the same thing as a terrorist killing 3000 Americans...you really have no respect for the Americans that died on 9/11, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

What the hell are you talking about now?

...likewise, the idiot who got tazed should have followed the rules of the forum.

The whiny probably mentally unstable fock who caused the problem is to blame here..nobody else.

Once again, you show your true colors. You have completely identified yourself as a fascist.

Once again, you need to look at what happened here...police officers tried to arrest a man for asking a question of an elected representative...any freedom loving American would have resisted.

This country is here because the founding fathers dissented and committed treason against their government. This nation is based on the ideal that dissent is what makes you American, and the anti-American rhetoric of the neocons and Bush administration is sickening and fascist. No one deserves this kind of treatment.

Guernicaa
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Tasering can kill people. How do they know that he didn't have a heart condition??
It should only be used in serious conditions where the cops are being threatened. This man was just wiggling around and wanting to know why they arrested him for no fucking reason.
All of those police officers need to be fired. That is INSANE. All he was doing was asking a fucking question and John Kerry even said "I can answer his question" and the stupid fucking cops pulled him away anyways.

mrg666
09-18-2007, 07:42 PM

wtf the guy never showed any aggression you all saw that a good old get him outside would have sufficed im no namby pamby let em off but im also anti nazi state turn an eye to this where does it stop

darin
09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
So you believe failing to listen to a police offer to stand down is the same thing as a terrorist killing 3000 Americans...you really have no respect for the Americans that died on 9/11, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Stop playing stupid.

I'll break it down for you, VERY simply:

The post to which I replied said 'the guy was only expressing his opinion' - when everyone can see it wasn't his OPINION which caused the trouble - it was his actions.

So - Still with me?

It wasn't the terrorists hatred of us which bothered us - it was their ACTIONS.

You're stuck on stupid.

Once again, you show your true colors. You have completely identified yourself as a fascist.

Once again, you need to look at what happened here...police officers tried to arrest a man for asking a question of an elected representative...any freedom loving American would have resisted.

Stuck on stupid. I'm repeating myself here. You're seriously an Idiot beyond hope if you think this was about that guy "Only asking a question."

This country is here because the founding fathers dissented and committed treason against their government. This nation is based on the ideal that dissent is what makes you American, and the anti-American rhetoric of the neocons and Bush administration is sickening and fascist. No one deserves this kind of treatment.

Got strawman much?

lmao :) I hope and pray to God you are just messing around...

darin
09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
wtf the guy never showed any aggression you all saw that a good old get him outside would have sufficed im no namby pamby let em off but im also anti nazi state turn an eye to this where does it stop

If a cop says "leave" - your best course of action is to obey. :)

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Stop playing stupid.

I'll break it down for you, VERY simply:

The post to which I replied said 'the guy was only expressing his opinion' - when everyone can see it wasn't his OPINION which caused the trouble - it was his actions.

So - Still with me?

It wasn't the terrorists hatred of us which bothered us - it was their ACTIONS.

And yet you're saying his actions were comparable to the actions of the terrorists...

You're stuck on stupid.

Stuck on stupid. I'm repeating myself here. You're seriously an Idiot beyond hope if you think this was about that guy "Only asking a question."

You've got the video to go by -- what more than "asking a question" was he doing? Asking a question an elected leader did not want to answer?

lmao :) I hope and pray to God you are just messing around...

The problem is that you aren't smart enough to look beyond what the mainstream media tells you...my god you are brainwashed, and have a severe lack of education.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 08:34 PM
If a cop says "leave" - your best course of action is to obey. :)

Maybe YOU blindly listen to orders like a sheep, but if I am not doing ANYTHING wrong, I have the RIGHT to ask WHY?

YOU are a fascist. YOU are brainwashed. YOU are anti-American.

darin
09-18-2007, 08:40 PM
And yet you're saying his actions were comparable to the actions of the terrorists...

You're stuck on stupid.

Look, you're being a fool. I said "HIS ACTIONS WERE THE PROBLEM, NOT HIS WORDS"...just the same for the 911 folk.

You need to be 13 to be a member here - did you lie on your forum registration?

You've got the video to go by -- what more than "asking a question" was he doing? Asking a question an elected leader did not want to answer?

He put up resistance when he was lawfully asked by a cop to leave.

www.rig.org

The problem is that you aren't smart enough to look beyond what the mainstream media tells you...my god you are brainwashed, and have a severe lack of education.

Hi! You are a mental retard. Literally a retard. Look at what you just wrote.

Maybe YOU blindly listen to orders like a sheep, but if I am not doing ANYTHING wrong, I have the RIGHT to ask WHY?

Of COURSE you can ask 'why' - AS YOU COMPLY with the LAWFUL direction from the Cop. Sue him later, but right there, you MUST comply, unless they ask you to do something illegal and stuff.

YOU are a fascist. YOU are brainwashed. YOU are anti-American.

How about this - what have YOU done for your country, cupcake?

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Of COURSE you can ask 'why' - AS YOU COMPLY with the LAWFUL direction from the Cop. Sue him later, but right there, you MUST comply, unless they ask you to do something illegal and stuff.

How about this - what have YOU done for your country, cupcake?

A LOT more than you. The founding fathers were men who loudly preached dissent and committed treason...so what do YOU do for YOUR country when you sit and see your country moving in the wrong direction and do NOTHING about it?

darin
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
A LOT more than you. The founding fathers were men who loudly preached dissent and committed treason...so what do YOU do for YOUR country when you sit and see your country moving in the wrong direction and do NOTHING about it?

OOH! A LOT more? REALLY? That's a pretty crappy argument. DO I respond by saying "Nuh-UH!!"?

This Focker - the guy who was tased...He FAILED TO MOVE when asked to by a COP, and deserves what he got.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
OOH! A LOT more? REALLY? That's a pretty crappy argument. DO I respond by saying "Nuh-UH!!"?

This Focker - the guy who was tased...He FAILED TO MOVE when asked to by a COP, and deserves what he got.

Understand political theory --

The idea that someone should obey authority just because authority happens to be in power is only one thing -- fascism.

By the way -- thanks for neg repping me. I'll never quite understand why people rep either way -- it's useless and a complete waste. Neg repping, to people like you, is your little way of having power "ooohhh I neg repped you!!" If you honestly care enough to spare the second to do it, you must live an incredibly sad life.

Another thing --

I'm not trying to be a dick. However, this is the one issue that means more than the rest. I had a teacher who once told me that making rules, for no other reason than to have rules, is the height of idiocy. That's something this country should consider.

darin
09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Understand political theory --

The idea that someone should obey authority just because authority happens to be in power is only one thing -- fascism.

The idea that somebody shouldn't comply with the lawful, ethical order from a cop is CHILDISH PRIDE.

By the way -- thanks for neg repping me. I'll never quite understand why people rep either way -- it's useless and a complete waste. Neg repping, to people like you, is your little way of having power "ooohhh I neg repped you!!" If you honestly care enough to spare the second to do it, you must live an incredibly sad life.

You're quite welcome - when you post utter rubbish you give me a chance to care enough to spare a second to SHOW you how I feel. :)

When people complain about negative Rep, and say those who use it have a sad life, it's their way of saying they are arrogant assheads who care MORE about the rep system than they let-on. If you, oh NOBLE ONE, honestly didnt care about rep, you wouldn't have waisted MORE time bringing it up than did I by making a couple clicks of the mouse.

So - we all see you're an arrogant child who cares about the Rep system and gets a hard-on over lawlessness. Howniceforyou.

Another thing --

I'm not trying to be a dick. However, this is the one issue that means more than the rest. I had a teacher who once told me that making rules, for no other reason than to have rules, is the height of idiocy. That's something this country should consider.

I had a teacher tell ME: "Just because you're too young to UNDERSTAND the rule, doesn't mean the rule isn't legitimate or fair".

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 09:11 PM
The idea that somebody shouldn't comply with the lawful, ethical order from a cop is CHILDISH PRIDE.

You're the same type of person that thinks Rosa Parks should have been put to death for sitting at the front of the bus.

You're quite welcome - when you post utter rubbish you give me a chance to care enough to spare a second to SHOW you how I feel. :)

When people complain about negative Rep, and say those who use it have a sad life, it's their way of saying they are arrogant assheads who care MORE about the rep system than they let-on. If you, oh NOBLE ONE, honestly didnt care about rep, you wouldn't have waisted MORE time bringing it up than did I by making a couple clicks of the mouse.

So - we all see you're an arrogant child who cares about the Rep system and gets a hard-on over lawlessness. Howniceforyou.

Wrong. Caring would be neg repping back -- I won't do that, because I am not petty.

I had a teacher tell ME: "Just because you're too young to UNDERSTAND the rule, doesn't mean the rule isn't legitimate or fair".

That is entirely irrelevant to this specific discussion.

The mark of a truly just person is the ability to stand up against the abuses by authority. The mark of an appeaser is someone who sits back and lets the elite turn this country into a fascist state.

darin
09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
You're the same type of person that thinks Rosa Parks should have been put to death for sitting at the front of the bus.

Okay? And YOU are the type of person who lived under powerlines or ate a lot of paint.

That is entirely irrelevant to this specific discussion.

The mark of a truly just person is the ability to stand up against the abuses by authority. The mark of an appeaser is someone who sits back and lets the elite turn this country into a fascist state.

It's absolutely relevant to the discussion. You brought up rules and reasons for them. I'm saying because you don't understand what is lawful, doesn't give you an excuse to do something UNLAWFUL.

The guy Failed to comply, got a taser, and released. So what?

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
It's absolutely relevant to the discussion. You brought up rules and reasons for them. I'm saying because you don't understand what is lawful, doesn't give you an excuse to do something UNLAWFUL.

The guy Failed to comply, got a taser, and released. So what?

Because it's right to stand up against laws that don't serve a good purpose.

This has nothing to do with the resisting -- he was only resisting AFTER they tried to arrest him in the first place -- there is no justification for trying to arrest him in the first place, before he resisted.

BTW, if you read my comment in context, you'd understand I was NOT calling you a racist by ANY means.

Let me reiterate one thing -- I do not mean to offend you, I just get very heated when it comes to issues like this.

darin
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I know you're heated - but you're just wrong. You're replying out of emotion. The guy was told to do something by a cop - something which the cop 'probably' had the right and responsibility to do. He refused. He resisted. He got a taser.

That's the whole story - when you start calling me a facist because I'm behind the cop on this one, that's lunacy. When you say I'm a racist (the kinda guy who'd support segregation), that's lunacy.

You jumped the gun with your whole police-state attitude, and I think you're over-reacting.

I sincerely apologize for name-calling and provoking you - I've go no excuse for that, and I hope you can accept my apology.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I know you're heated - but you're just wrong. You're replying out of emotion. The guy was told to do something by a cop - something which the cop 'probably' had the right and responsibility to do. He refused. He resisted. He got a taser.

This gets to the heart of the argument, which is one of opinion and not fact...

I believe that people, if they think the police are wrong, not only have the right to disobey, they have the moral obligation to disobey tyranny -- that's what the civil rights movement was all about, hence my analogy. I wasn't saying that you'd support segregation, I was making the point that the attitude of constantly obeying and trusting authority is the same line of thinking that would say that Rosa Parks should sit at the back of the bus because it was written into the law. My position is that she had the moral obligation to disobey, and she did.

My position is that the police never had the right to attempt to remove the student in the first place, so it wasn't about resisting. The police attempted to remove the student for asking a (dumb) question. I've said before - I disagree with the agenda that the kid came up to the microphone with. He was making a point that he thought Bush should be impeached (Which I do not think he should be) and that Bush had stolen the 2004 election (Which I do not believe he did). However, our personal opinions of the question are irrelevant. I believe the people in this country have a right to question our elected leaders on anything, whether we disagree with them or not, and the kid did nothing wrong, per se, except ask a stupid question.

Now, I do not believe "rules of the event" should force removal of the student when he asked that question. Some may say that the planners of the event have the right to set the rules as they wish, however, it is my belief that questioning of elected officials and airing of grievances is central to our liberty and our freedom in this country. The founding fathers were people who advocated liberty, and they committed treason against their government (the crown of England) to get it. We sometimes forget that. I am not advocating anarchy -- I agree that disruptive people in the audience of a Senate hearing, for example, should be removed because they are interfering with the ability of our elected officials to tend to the people's business. However, this student was doing none of that -- he merely asked a question.

I sincerely apologize for name-calling and provoking you - I've go no excuse for that, and I hope you can accept my apology.

Back at ya. I called you some ugly names and didn't actually mean it, I'm just get very heated because I believe so strongly in my convictions that I get emotional and say things I don't mean.

darin
09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
. However, this student was doing none of that -- he merely asked a question.

See? that's where you are SOO wrong. Saying it that way means "The guy asked a question, then got rodney-kinged for it!"

He refused to comply, and started disrupting stuff. He kept-at-it when asked to stop.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
See? that's where you are SOO wrong. Saying it that way means "The guy asked a question, then got rodney-kinged for it!"

He refused to comply, and started disrupting stuff. He kept-at-it when asked to stop.

Ok then, before he resisted arrest, what were the police initially trying to remove him for?

darin
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
being disruptive?

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 11:03 PM
being disruptive?

That I see as a red herring -- there isn't a lot of corroboration of whether he was really being disruptive, or the fact that the video shows police closing in on him as he simply asks a question that the powers that be obviously did not like.

darin
09-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Did you read the text?

He kept yakking...even when they cut the mic...he started this.

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Did you read the text?

He kept yakking...even when they cut the mic...he started this.

I suppose our definitions of arrestable offenses differ :coffee:

darin
09-18-2007, 11:16 PM
You think if he'd quietly complied, walked out with the cops, calmly stated his position he'd still have been arrested?

JackDaniels
09-18-2007, 11:24 PM
You think if he'd quietly complied, walked out with the cops, calmly stated his position he'd still have been arrested?

Probably not. However...

(1) To someone who believes they have done nothing wrong, and you feel invaded by the police, it's hard to get to just peacefully comply. I'll say one thing again -- when I was in college, had I been that kid, I would have reacted exactly the same way, and been proud of it. (Although I was much more Conservative back then)

(2) Because I believe he wasn't being disruptive enough to warrant any expulsion from the event, he shouldn't really have to comply in the first place.

-Cp
09-18-2007, 11:35 PM
There's more to this story.. I love how folks instantly side with the idiot in question rather than with the men and women who are sworn to protect us:

http://www.starbanner.com/article/20070918/NEWS/70918007/1053/BREAKING_NEWS

Officer Nicole Mallo writes that Meyer would only resist officers when cameras were present.

dan
09-19-2007, 04:35 AM
The guy was acting erratic and jumpy as he was asking his questions, for all those cops knew, he could be leading up to an assassination attempt.

That said, all they had to do was drag him outside and it would've been the end of it. Especially since there are no cameras out there!

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 08:29 AM

Even the "victim" of the incident agrees the police did nothing wrong. You disobey a lawful order and you can expect to face consequences.

GAINESVILLE - Police have released the incident report detailing the Tasering of a University of Florida student during a campus forum with Sen. John Kerry Monday, and the officer who actually Tasered Andrew Meyer wrote in the report that Meyer later told police, "You didn't do anything wrong."

Mallo was one of two officers who actually rode in the vehicle as Meyer was escorted to the Alachua County jail, and she said said he told them during the ride: "I am not mad at you guys, you didn't do anything wrong, you were just trying to do your job," according to Mallo's account.

-Cp
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Even the "victim" of the incident agrees the police did nothing wrong. You disobey a lawful order and you can expect to face consequences.

*echo* *echo*
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=126161&postcount=37

Ruby
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Well its pretty twisted to see so many people actually support this guy being arrested. Our politicians and representatives have a duty to be available to the public and ANSWER to the public. He should have never been arrested in the first place. He asked a question he had a right to ask and he had a right to get an answer as well...one he didnt get.

If we are going to support such things then we will get more of such things until we no longer even recognize what democracy, representative govt or america look like anymore.

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Well its pretty twisted to see so many people actually support this guy being arrested. Our politicians and representatives have a duty to be available to the public and ANSWER to the public. He should have never been arrested in the first place. He asked a question he had a right to ask and he had a right to get an answer as well...one he didnt get.

If we are going to support such things then we will get more of such things until we no longer even recognize what democracy, representative govt or america look like anymore.

And you support people disobeying direct orders from law enforcement? He wasn't arrested for his questions but for his refusal to obey law enforcement.

darin
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM

you disagree with the guy who got arrested? Weird.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
And you support people disobeying direct orders from law enforcement? He wasn't arrested for his questions but for his refusal to obey law enforcement.

Orders they have no right to give, absolutely. I also support civil disobedience and dissent.

The only orders they GAVE were because his question was not welcomed.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
you disagree with the guy who got arrested? Weird.

You lack reading comprehension skills, how normal!

darin
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
You lack reading comprehension skills, how normal!

Hmmmm...lesseeee here...

he should have never been arrested in the first place.

The cops didn't do anything wrong

Ruby
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm...lesseeee here...

All he is saying is that the officers are following ORDERS, its not personal and its not their personal decision on what to do...that is pretty obvious.

The PROBLEM is that he was arrested at all and that the police are there to ASSIST IN SILENCING the citizens.

By all means, keep missing the real issues here...you are at least GOOD at that and consistant.

darin
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
All he is saying is that the officers are following ORDERS, its not personal and its not their personal decision on what to do...that is pretty obvious.

The PROBLEM is that he was arrested at all and that the police are there to ASSIST IN SILENCING the citizens.

By all means, keep missing the real issues here...you are at least GOOD at that and consistant.

And you cant spell consistent. :)

If you were holding a 'Godless Anit-American Transvestite Forum' and a guy came in and refused to step down off the mic when asked, would you be 'silencing a citizen' by having him removed?

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Orders they have no right to give, absolutely. I also support civil disobedience and dissent.

The only orders they GAVE were because his question was not welcomed.

They absolutely DO have the right to give those orders. The man was perceived as a nuisance to the conference, so they decided it was best to have him removed. He then resisted.

The fact that you support civil disobedience and disrespect for law enforcement speaks volumes about yourself.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 02:21 PM
They absolutely DO have the right to give those orders. The man was perceived as a nuisance to the conference, so they decided it was best to have him removed. He then resisted.

The fact that you support civil disobedience and disrespect for law enforcement speaks volumes about yourself.

Yes it speaks volumes on how much I support democratic systems of govt..the fact that you dont only shows how much you support police states and facism.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 02:22 PM
And you cant spell consistent. :)

If you were holding a 'Godless Anit-American Transvestite Forum' and a guy came in and refused to step down off the mic when asked, would you be 'silencing a citizen' by having him removed?

Seriously, you arent that obtuse. Its pretty obvious it was the QUESTION that wasnt appreciated. Ignoring such things is only going to support the deterioration of the US and those freedoms everyone claims to love.

Trying to play spelling police is really lame, have at it!

darin
09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Yes it speaks volumes on how much I support democratic systems of govt..the fact that you dont only shows how much you support police states and facism.

You can draw the conclusion "Jimnyc doesn't support democratic systems of government" from this thread?

wow.

Forget your meds today, buckaroo?

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 02:29 PM

A democratic government has nothing to do with police intervening in a situation that is considered to be a nuisance at a private conference. He had no "right" to speak at all.

Do you have anything at ALL to backup your claim that he had a "right"?

The police DID have a right to intervene in a situation such as that. They then took necessary steps to stop someone who was resisting.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 02:37 PM
A democratic government has nothing to do with police intervening in a situation that is considered to be a nuisance at a private conference. He had no "right" to speak at all.

Do you have anything at ALL to backup your claim that he had a "right"?

The police DID have a right to intervene in a situation such as that. They then took necessary steps to stop someone who was resisting.

Sure it does. If you dont even understand the importance of civil disobedience and dissent in a democratic society then you REALLY have no idea that a democracy isnt somthing you "achieve", its somthing you MAINTAIN.

That was a public citizen who asked a poltical representative a question...somthing that should NEVER be considered a nuisance. If anyone is to be given wide lattitude, it would be the citizens talking to or asking question of public servants in public.

I would be very careful on supporting such fascist moves....they will be happy to give you more and it wont be so easy to retrieve what you have lost.

Ruby
09-19-2007, 02:38 PM
You can draw the conclusion "Jimnyc doesn't support democratic systems of government" from this thread?

wow.

Forget your meds today, buckaroo?

No I just have better comprehension of the issues than you do.

Monkeybone
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
so we can basically do whatever we want and such? that what you are saying?

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Sure it does. If you dont even understand the importance of civil disobedience and dissent in a democratic society then you REALLY have no idea that a democracy isnt somthing you "achieve", its somthing you MAINTAIN.

That was a public citizen who asked a poltical representative a question...somthing that should NEVER be considered a nuisance. If anyone is to be given wide lattitude, it would be the citizens talking to or asking question of public servants in public.

I would be very careful on supporting such fascist moves....they will be happy to give you more and it wont be so easy to retrieve what you have lost.

Since you didn't state it here, I'll assume you concede to the fact that he had no "right" to speak there. Therefore, being asked to leave is not hard to understand. Resisting orders from law enforcement generally does lead to an arrest.

Dissent may very well be needed in a democratic society but a civilized society has no place for disobedience. There are much more lawful avenues to take if you have questions or concerns. Nobody has the right to be at a private function and demand to be heard.

Gaffer
09-19-2007, 10:08 PM
The guy had at least three people filming the event. It was planned and set up. It also turns out he's a ron paul supporter. When there were no cameras present the guy was pleasant and cooperative. That says it all right there. Hope the guy gets jail time.

diuretic
09-20-2007, 04:07 AM
I thought the tasering was a bit much. I suppose I'm looking at my own experience but a bunch of coppers can pretty much subdue a bloke, even though this bloke was relatively big and could have really stacked one on if he tried (and I don't think he was really trying all that hard). Get his arms behind his back and cuff him and that's that.

musicman
09-20-2007, 05:12 AM
What's all this fuss about a heckler being teased at a John Kerry event? My goodness - it looks like we could all grow some thicker skins around here! A little good-natured ribbing never hurt anybody, for gosh sakes.

What's that?

TASED??!!

ohhhh....

Never mind...

Sitarro
09-20-2007, 06:46 AM
What's all this fuss about a heckler being teased at a John Kerry event? My goodness - it looks like we could all grow some thicker skins around here! A little good-natured ribbing never hurt anybody, for gosh sakes.

What's that?

TASED??!!

ohhhh....

Never mind...

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Nice to see ya musicman.

Gaffer
09-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I thought the tasering was a bit much. I suppose I'm looking at my own experience but a bunch of coppers can pretty much subdue a bloke, even though this bloke was relatively big and could have really stacked one on if he tried (and I don't think he was really trying all that hard). Get his arms behind his back and cuff him and that's that.

Having been a cop and having had to wrestle big guys to the ground with and without help I can say that it can be very hard on everyone. But especially the guy being arrested. Tasers make things so much easier now days.

-Cp
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Here's the video that led up to the first video of him being tazed:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IATPoHdpak0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IATPoHdpak0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ruby
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
The guy had at least three people filming the event. It was planned and set up. It also turns out he's a ron paul supporter. When there were no cameras present the guy was pleasant and cooperative. That says it all right there. Hope the guy gets jail time.

Rosa Parks also planned her dissent and civil disobedience...does that change the crediblity of Rosa Parks?

Political activism IS planned and contrived.

Well if people really want jail time for those that speak up, you cant honestly say you care much for free speech when you advocate CRIMINALIZING it. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Monkeybone
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Rosa Parks was planned to change something that was wrong.

this guy planned to make a disruption, not a statement. Just for attention. i could understand if he was actually trying to say something..but, yah..there is something different between him and Parks.

and the police had nothing to do with what he was saying and everything. if the mics did get shut off then it was the events or Kerry's ppl. the police only came into the picture when he wouln't obey the rules of the forum

truthmatters
09-24-2007, 11:38 AM
He could plan his own actions but how could he plan the reaction he recieved?

The reaction was totally out of purportion with what he did. The man was a danger to NO ONE.

Monkeybone
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
how could they have known that though? they didn't know if he was just a guy that was asking questions and being disruptive, or if he was gonna snap and whip out a gun or something.

guess that they for got the mind reading caps that morning :cheers2:

typomaniac
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Rosa Parks also planned her dissent and civil disobedience...does that change the crediblity of Rosa Parks?

Political activism IS planned and contrived.

Well if people really want jail time for those that speak up, you cant honestly say you care much for free speech when you advocate CRIMINALIZING it. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

According to several of the "Americans" who posted here already, they would have been glad if tasers were available in Montgomery in those days. The cops could just have kept zapping that damn bitch until she got up or fell over. :drillsarge:

We've got some strange bedfellows on this site... :cuckoo:

Ruby
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Rosa Parks was planned to change something that was wrong.

this guy planned to make a disruption, not a statement. Just for attention. i could understand if he was actually trying to say something..but, yah..there is something different between him and Parks.

and the police had nothing to do with what he was saying and everything. if the mics did get shut off then it was the events or Kerry's ppl. the police only came into the picture when he wouln't obey the rules of the forum

Thats your opinion, I think he DID make a strong statement. He showed us exactly how much our questions and voices are silenced and that any of us who ask the wrong questions or show any sort of passion are considered a "nuisance". He also showed us how quickly we are to use and support police state tactics that dont serve a democratic public well at all. This is obviously somthing that should be changed.

He asked uncomfortable questions that Kerry nor any of the democrats want to answer or be confronted with. He just showed us that the free speech zones arent just a republican thing at all, he showed us the democrats will also use various tactics to NOT ANSWER to the public as well.

Its also pretty silly to say "well he might have gone wild and violent"....he didnt do anything to indicate that NOR did he have any weapons to do it with. There were 6 officers on ONE MAN, to pretend a taser was needed is beyond silly.

I think the public has a RIGHT to DEMAND our polticians answer us and we have a right to DEMAND the rules favor us and not the evasive and non-responsive corrupt politicians.

Ruby
09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
According to several of the "Americans" who posted here already, they would have been glad if tasers were available in Montgomery in those days. The cops could just have kept zapping that damn bitch until she got up or fell over. :drillsarge:

We've got some strange bedfellows on this site... :cuckoo:

Sadly you are quite right.

diuretic
09-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Having been a cop and having had to wrestle big guys to the ground with and without help I can say that it can be very hard on everyone. But especially the guy being arrested. Tasers make things so much easier now days.

One outback town I worked in one very hot summer night I had three uniform shirts ripped off me in three different fights AND I had a pair of pants ripped in a separate fourth fight. I finished my shift in a pair of uniform (we wore khaki) pants that had bloodstains on them and a white tee shirt. We had nothing. No handcuffs and back then (1974) no spray, no baton, no nothing (we didn't carry firearms regularly at that posting). Without cuffs and spray all you can do is biff the bloke into submission and it's ugly and bloody hard work and all in all not very nice for anyone.

diuretic
09-24-2007, 06:18 PM
In terms of the way the law works here, police are required to assist the chairman (not sexist terminology, thinking of the origin of the word in its Latin roots) to maintain order at a public meeting. The chairman is considered to be responsible for ensuring people are allowed to speak (allowing for a certain amount of heckling of course) but where someone becomes deliberately disruptive then the chairman has the legal authority to request police to eject the heckler. There's no need for police to make an arrest unless the person commits specific criminal offences (eg disorderly behaviour). If this incident were played out here then the fellow would have been charged with resisting police in the execution of their duty but if he had gone quietly he would have simply been ejected without further action.

BoogyMan
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
And now, the video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4ivmc