PDA

View Full Version : Couple kicked off flight - 2 year old wouldn't wear a mask

jimnyc
12-13-2020, 07:44 PM
So another story of a family being booted off due to not being able to get their child to wear a mask. If anything, maybe they're being consistent at least. :dunno:

So the family tries their best but fail, and have to pay the consequences for the day. Ok, I get it.

Originally word was they were banned forever from flying with them, but now words is they weren't. But still, and they wouldn't remove their belongings from underneath the plane, which included the child seat for the child they just kicked off. So now they can't go home or wherever in a car either. :rolleyes:

---

Couple is kicked off a United flight to New Jersey after their two-year-old daughter refused to wear a face mask

Eliz Orban shared clip of her, her husband and daughter getting kicked off plane
Orban said they were asked to get off the flight after their daughter, Edeline, refused to put on a face mask on board the plane on Friday
A gate agent is seen in the clip asking the couple to leave despite them trying to get the two-year-old to wear a face covering
United's policy is for anyone two years and older to wear masks on their aircraft
It is also the policy of the CDC for children two years and older to wear masks
Orban had also claimed that they were banned from flying with United Airlines
United confirmed to DailyMail.com that the parents and child are not banned from flying with United Airlines

A young mother says she and her husband were kicked off a United Airlines flight because their two-year-old daughter refused to wear a mask.

Eliz Orban was in tears during a video she shared Friday on Instagram showing herself in the airport along with her husband and daughter, Edeline, after getting off the plane.

'We just got kicked off a flight because our two-year-old would not put on a mask,' Orban, who was flying with her family from Colorado to Newark, New Jersey, said.

'And we're banned off United forever because a two-year-old would not put on a mask,' Orban claimed.

The airline have since told DailyMail.com that the parents and two year old are not banned from flying with United Airlines in the future.

But the shocking Instagram clip shows the moment airline staff remove the family from the flight, even as Orban and her husband try to put the mask on their daughter's face.

Edeline is seen visibly upset and refusing to put the mask on.

At one point, a gate agent comes aboard the plane, walks over to the family's seats and asks them to leave.

'Hello sir. I'm going to have to ask you to grab your belongings and exit the aircraft,' the agent said.

Orban's husband responded: 'You gotta be kidding me. Why? We're over here holding this mask on her face.'

The agent then says: 'I'm sorry sir. I gave you an opportunity. I've got to ask you to get off this plane.'

The couple tried to explain that they couldn't force their daughter to put it on because she was 'crying'. The family is then seen gathering their belongings and walking off the aircraft.

In the clip, the agent is heard telling the couple that their luggage, including their daughter's car seat, would remain on the plane and head to their final destination.

'Our child seat is on that plane. How are we supposed to go home?' Orban is heard asking.

'Is this an actual joke?' she questioned, but received no response.

After the ordeal Orban took to social media and shared the video, which has amassed more than 5.9 million views.

Orban shared in the caption that the incident left her in 'disbelief' and 'disgust'.

She also gave some background to what happened before she started recording.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9048759/Family-kicked-United-flight-New-Jersey-toddler-refused-wear-mask.html

SassyLady
12-13-2020, 11:14 PM
So another story of a family being booted off due to not being able to get their child to wear a mask. If anything, maybe they're being consistent at least. :dunno:

So the family tries their best but fail, and have to pay the consequences for the day. Ok, I get it.

Originally word was they were banned forever from flying with them, but now words is they weren't. But still, and they wouldn't remove their belongings from underneath the plane, which included the child seat for the child they just kicked off. So now they can't go home or wherever in a car either. :rolleyes:

---

Couple is kicked off a United flight to New Jersey after their two-year-old daughter refused to wear a face mask

Eliz Orban shared clip of her, her husband and daughter getting kicked off plane
Orban said they were asked to get off the flight after their daughter, Edeline, refused to put on a face mask on board the plane on Friday
A gate agent is seen in the clip asking the couple to leave despite them trying to get the two-year-old to wear a face covering
United's policy is for anyone two years and older to wear masks on their aircraft
It is also the policy of the CDC for children two years and older to wear masks
Orban had also claimed that they were banned from flying with United Airlines
United confirmed to DailyMail.com that the parents and child are not banned from flying with United Airlines

A young mother says she and her husband were kicked off a United Airlines flight because their two-year-old daughter refused to wear a mask.

Eliz Orban was in tears during a video she shared Friday on Instagram showing herself in the airport along with her husband and daughter, Edeline, after getting off the plane.

'We just got kicked off a flight because our two-year-old would not put on a mask,' Orban, who was flying with her family from Colorado to Newark, New Jersey, said.

'And we're banned off United forever because a two-year-old would not put on a mask,' Orban claimed.

The airline have since told DailyMail.com that the parents and two year old are not banned from flying with United Airlines in the future.

But the shocking Instagram clip shows the moment airline staff remove the family from the flight, even as Orban and her husband try to put the mask on their daughter's face.

Edeline is seen visibly upset and refusing to put the mask on.

At one point, a gate agent comes aboard the plane, walks over to the family's seats and asks them to leave.

'Hello sir. I'm going to have to ask you to grab your belongings and exit the aircraft,' the agent said.

Orban's husband responded: 'You gotta be kidding me. Why? We're over here holding this mask on her face.'

The agent then says: 'I'm sorry sir. I gave you an opportunity. I've got to ask you to get off this plane.'

The couple tried to explain that they couldn't force their daughter to put it on because she was 'crying'. The family is then seen gathering their belongings and walking off the aircraft.

In the clip, the agent is heard telling the couple that their luggage, including their daughter's car seat, would remain on the plane and head to their final destination.

'Our child seat is on that plane. How are we supposed to go home?' Orban is heard asking.

'Is this an actual joke?' she questioned, but received no response.

After the ordeal Orban took to social media and shared the video, which has amassed more than 5.9 million views.

Orban shared in the caption that the incident left her in 'disbelief' and 'disgust'.

She also gave some background to what happened before she started recording.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9048759/Family-kicked-United-flight-New-Jersey-toddler-refused-wear-mask.html

The luggage and carseat being left on plane is horrible.

I used to live 2 hours away from nearest airport. Imagine getting dropped off and then having to ask someone to drive back to get you. Oh, and please pick up a new carseat on your way.

Abbey Marie
12-13-2020, 11:31 PM
The article says they did get the car seat for them.

SassyLady
12-14-2020, 12:08 AM
The article says they did get the car seat for them.

Good!

tailfins
12-14-2020, 03:16 PM
A cynic would have asked for "assistance" putting a mask on the two year old. That shifts the onus onto the airline employee. If the airline employee gets too harsh, file child abuse charges after the flight is over. We live in a age of "lawfare"; it pays to stay mindful of that.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Making a toddler wear a mask is questionable, but while this sounds awful, I am suspicious when someone takes the time to film their “situation” instead of just trying to make the best of it. Instead of feeling 100% sympathy, I begin to see opportunism.

tailfins
12-15-2020, 02:49 PM
Making a toddler wear a mask is questionable, but while this sounds awful, I am suspicious when someone takes the time to film their “situation” instead of just trying to make the best of it. Instead of feeling 100% sympathy, I begin to see opportunism.

One gets what one tolerates. However, it's much like dealing with the police. An informed person deals with the issues after the fact. Chris Rock should make an airline passenger video as a sequel to the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8