PDA

View Full Version : How bad could things get anyway?

jimnyc
12-14-2020, 05:48 PM
They take Georgia - and I believe the Democrats will start with plan A) implementing everything and anything of their extremist agenda right off the bat if they can get away with it. :rolleyes:

I am no expert in politics obviously, nor the workings of the house and senate rules, but learning.

So they want to kill off the electoral college, and make the popular vote what matters and handing smaller states losses and places like Cali and NY massive wins for the left. Probably see a massive influx of people to these locations. Wouldn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

And if so, then what would normally be an electoral college victory for a republican - can be taken away by a democrat because they get millions and millions more votes in just 2 states. They want what works for THEM.

But then what? They have the majority all the way around right now. Would it be permanent? If the republicans returned to such a majority, would they be able to reverse this? Do we really want any games, or do we really want to start changing things up after so long? And you know of course they want to make other huge governmental and state changes this go round if they win Georgia.

After all of Trumps tough talk on illegals and the border and the wall - and the Dems promising to halt it all and/or even take it down. They pushed and pushed and fought and fought Trump on this. So now with so many that will come running about amnesty - how many will they jump at and allow? :rolleyes:

---

Hillary Clinton Calls to ‘Abolish the Electoral College’ After Casting Electoral Vote for Joe Biden

Former Trump challenger Hillary Clinton called to “abolish the Electoral College” on Monday after she, an elector, cast a vote for Joe Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA).

Electors across the country are meeting to cast their votes for the next President of the United States, formalizing the results of their respective states. Clinton, one of New York’s electors, posted a picture celebrating the fact that she cast her vote for Biden and Harris, though she also used the opportunity to call for the abolishment of the Electoral College.

“I believe we should abolish the Electoral College and select our president by the winner of the popular vote, same as every other office. But while it still exists, I was proud to cast my vote in New York for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” she said:

https://i.imgur.com/bz0r20i.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/14/hillary-clinton-calls-abolish-electoral-college-after-casting-electoral-vote-joe-biden/

Open Borders Lobby Urges Joe Biden to Quickly Grant Executive Amnesty

The open borders lobby is urging Democrat Joe Biden to quickly grant an amnesty for illegal aliens living in the United States, potentially through a little-known federal program that keeps foreign nationals from being deported.

In interviews with NPR, activists with a number of open borders and mass migration organizations say they are asking Biden and his transition team to consider signing executive orders that will provide amnesty to illegal aliens, return deported illegal aliens to the U.S., and free border crossers into the interior of the U.S. so long as they claim asylum.

NPR reported:

Recognizing that the political divide in Congress makes a major overhaul of the immigration system unlikely, the groups are pushing for Biden to use the power of his pen to take steps sooner rather than later. [Emphasis added]

Their requests include returning undocumented immigrants wrongfully deported under Trump, stopping detention of asylum-seekers, expanding the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program and using other executive powers, like granting temporary protected status, to protect more undocumented immigrants. [Emphasis added]

The groups — including United We Dream, Movimiento Cosecha, and the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services — see a window for drastic changes to the U.S. immigration system that spans the first year of what could be Biden’s first term.

Amnesty for illegal aliens via executive order has been floated recently by Leon Fresco, the architect of the “Gang of Eight” 2013 amnesty, who now serves on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Advisory Board thanks to former Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan.

Fresco suggested that Biden and his pick to lead DHS, Alejandro Mayorkas, use the Chinese coronavirus pandemic to grant amnesty to all 11 million to 22 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. The amnesty would be done formally through the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/14/open-borders-lobby-urges-joe-biden-quickly-grant-executive-amnesty/

Kathianne
12-14-2020, 05:57 PM
They take Georgia - and I believe the Democrats will start with plan A) implementing everything and anything of their extremist agenda right off the bat if they can get away with it. :rolleyes:

I am no expert in politics obviously, nor the workings of the house and senate rules, but learning.

So they want to kill off the electoral college, and make the popular vote what matters and handing smaller states losses and places like Cali and NY massive wins for the left. Probably see a massive influx of people to these locations. Wouldn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

And if so, then what would normally be an electoral college victory for a republican - can be taken away by a democrat because they get millions and millions more votes in just 2 states. They want what works for THEM.

But then what? They have the majority all the way around right now. Would it be permanent? If the republicans returned to such a majority, would they be able to reverse this? Do we really want any games, or do we really want to start changing things up after so long? And you know of course they want to make other huge governmental and state changes this go round if they win Georgia.

After all of Trumps tough talk on illegals and the border and the wall - and the Dems promising to halt it all and/or even take it down. They pushed and pushed and fought and fought Trump on this. So now with so many that will come running about amnesty - how many will they jump at and allow? :rolleyes:

---

Hillary Clinton Calls to ‘Abolish the Electoral College’ After Casting Electoral Vote for Joe Biden

Former Trump challenger Hillary Clinton called to “abolish the Electoral College” on Monday after she, an elector, cast a vote for Joe Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA).

Electors across the country are meeting to cast their votes for the next President of the United States, formalizing the results of their respective states. Clinton, one of New York’s electors, posted a picture celebrating the fact that she cast her vote for Biden and Harris, though she also used the opportunity to call for the abolishment of the Electoral College.

“I believe we should abolish the Electoral College and select our president by the winner of the popular vote, same as every other office. But while it still exists, I was proud to cast my vote in New York for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” she said:

https://i.imgur.com/bz0r20i.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/14/hillary-clinton-calls-abolish-electoral-college-after-casting-electoral-vote-joe-biden/

Open Borders Lobby Urges Joe Biden to Quickly Grant Executive Amnesty

The open borders lobby is urging Democrat Joe Biden to quickly grant an amnesty for illegal aliens living in the United States, potentially through a little-known federal program that keeps foreign nationals from being deported.

In interviews with NPR, activists with a number of open borders and mass migration organizations say they are asking Biden and his transition team to consider signing executive orders that will provide amnesty to illegal aliens, return deported illegal aliens to the U.S., and free border crossers into the interior of the U.S. so long as they claim asylum.

NPR reported:

The groups — including United We Dream, Movimiento Cosecha, and the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services — see a window for drastic changes to the U.S. immigration system that spans the first year of what could be Biden’s first term.

Amnesty for illegal aliens via executive order has been floated recently by Leon Fresco, the architect of the “Gang of Eight” 2013 amnesty, who now serves on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Advisory Board thanks to former Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan.

Fresco suggested that Biden and his pick to lead DHS, Alejandro Mayorkas, use the Chinese coronavirus pandemic to grant amnesty to all 11 million to 22 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. The amnesty would be done formally through the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/14/open-borders-lobby-urges-joe-biden-quickly-grant-executive-amnesty/

I look at it this way, if the Dems take the Senate they will try and likely succeed in abolishing the Electoral College; add the two states; make voting more 'liberal' to allow everyone vote; pack the court. So yes, for the foreseeable future it would be one party.

IF the opposition ever did regain any power levers, they would do the same-that is what now passes for political reality. Without a doubt, it is the 'change' that everyone wanted, though had no idea would actually come to pass. Of course 'Rs' will say, "No, this is NOT what we wanted. However they wanted to shake things up, have a never say stop kind of guy and he was successfully and unexpectedly elected. So, things are shaken up, just not they way envisioned.

gabosaurus
12-14-2020, 06:22 PM
I look at it this way, if the Dems take the Senate they will try and likely succeed in abolishing the Electoral College; add the two states; make voting more 'liberal' to allow everyone vote; pack the court. So yes, for the foreseeable future it would be one party. ---> Abolishing the Electoral College can only be done by amending the Constitution, not an easy thing to do. ---> D.C. is a territory and can not become a state. Puerto Rico does not want to become a state. They want independence. ---> All Americans over the age of 18 should be able to vote. Republicans should stop trying to restrict voting rights. Voting by mail has been done successfully for more than 20 years. It shouldn't be discontinued because one despot lost an election. ---> Republicans have already packed the court.

Kathianne
12-14-2020, 06:24 PM
---> Abolishing the Electoral College can only be done by amending the Constitution, not an easy thing to do. ---> D.C. is a territory and can not become a state. Puerto Rico does not want to become a state. They want independence. ---> All Americans over the age of 18 should be able to vote. Republicans should stop trying to restrict voting rights. Voting by mail has been done successfully for more than 20 years. It shouldn't be discontinued because one despot lost an election. ---> Republicans have already packed the court.
All is easier than you think, with one party control. The Republic is dead, it was before Trump, he just made it obvious to all.

jimnyc
12-14-2020, 07:07 PM
---> Abolishing the Electoral College can only be done by amending the Constitution, not an easy thing to do. ---> D.C. is a territory and can not become a state. Puerto Rico does not want to become a state. They want independence. ---> All Americans over the age of 18 should be able to vote. Republicans should stop trying to restrict voting rights. Voting by mail has been done successfully for more than 20 years. It shouldn't be discontinued because one despot lost an election. ---> Republicans have already packed the court.

And yet Democrats are pushing to make DC a state. And you may want to check your polls, as PR DOES want to be a state. They even voted for it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/13/puerto-ricans-voted-become-51st-us-state-again/
https://theconversation.com/puerto-rico-wants-statehood-but-only-congress-can-make-it-the-51st-state-in-the-united-states-150503
https://wearemitu.com/things-that-matter/puerto-rico-statehood-future/

But I agree they would like "independence" too. But trust me, as they know that ain't happening, they have long wanted statehood now.

Wanting photo ID isn't restricting rights. Absentee ballots and the things that have been used is different that full blown mail in ballots which was implemented this year, and should be immediately revoked after this year. It should be discontinued due partly to the sheer amount of problems it caused alone & then add in the amount of fraud that has taken place. Luckily tons have been caught and either reversed or eliminated, but it happened. Deny if you like and likely will, but it's there for anyone to read. And republicans have not packed the court. They have not put in any judges that were not put in via a normal vote, simply because they were in power at the time and a seat became available. The seats go to the party in power & they control it. But they DID NOT pack the court by creating more than the 9 sitting seats to add another judge. You know this and I know this.

And apparently we all agree that amending the constitution is no easy task. And yet several folks on the left are still saying they should go for it. :dunno: