PDA

View Full Version : Would this be appropriate today?

jimnyc
12-15-2020, 03:45 PM
This is some great stuff!! But today? Todd Pettengil would be done and canceled for this one! And Scott Shannon being his partner, he would be canceled by association. Then WPLJ overall would have been boycotted and ultimately cancelled. Then the call letters and numbers of 95.5 in NYC would be given to a charity. :rolleyes:

I used to listen to them daily for years and years! That was my morning wakeup show, listened as I got read and showered and then all the way to work. I once won a call in contest and won $100 useless gift card but also an electric razor!! All because they originally gave another guy the winnings to guessing a song - in which he answered Boy George. I called corrected them all, that the REAL full name for that album and listed for that song too - was Boy George and the Culture Club. They felt bad and there were then 2 winners!

Anyway, a quick funny 3 and a half minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1j0zysaNgY

gabosaurus
12-15-2020, 07:44 PM
When I was in high school, there was a radio station that would allegedly ask questions over the air and award prizes to whoever got the question right first. the caller would usually cry and scream about it. One of my best friends called in once, but they said she was too late. About a week later, we had the answer number predialed and got the answer right again. Again they told us she was too late. It was only when we questioned the validity of the contest that they admitted that the segment was pretaped and it wasn't a real contest. :rolleyes:

SassyLady
12-16-2020, 12:37 AM
Gabby ... I won $1,000 from a radio station back in the 80s. They sent out mailers with scratch offs. Mine was a winner so I called in thinking it was a hoax but they said I won. I was still skeptical and they were very disappointed that I wasn't jumping up and down screaming so they asked if anyone else was around they could talk to. I gave phone to my daughter and she was very excited and that is what they eventually played on air.

I got the money and bought new refrigerator but forgot to report on taxes. Got nailed by IRS ..... that contest cost me more than it was worth.