PDA

View Full Version : Barry Manilow boycotts The View- View says he's lying

Abbey Marie
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
The only surprise to me is that anyone would buy a new album by him.

Sources Claim Barry Manilow Lying About 'View' Boycott
September 17, 2007, 2:31 pm PDT

NEW YORK, New York (September 17, 2007) " The man who writes the songs won't be singing any of them on "The View" " or at least as long as Elisabeth Hasselbeck is there.

Barry Manilow says he has backed out of his scheduled appearance on the morning talk show after the show refused to pull Hasselbeck from the interview, Access Hollywood has learned.

Manilow, a long time friend of Rosie O'Donnell, posted the following message on his Web site:

"I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy, Barbara or Whoopi, but not Elisabeth Hasselback [sic]. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out. It's really too bad because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs. The good news is that I will be on a whole slew of other shows promoting the new album so I hope you can catch me on those."

However, sources close to "The View" claim Manilow is lying.

Sources told Access the show is the one who cancelled the booking because they would not allow the "Copacabana" singer to dictate who would interview him.

In addition, the appearance has been scheduled since July (which is after Rosie left the show) and that Manilow has appeared twice on the show in the past with Hasselbeck on the panel.

The sources suggest Manilow is causing a stir in order to create a buzz as his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies," is getting ready to debut.

http://omg.yahoo.com/sources-claim-barry-manilow-lying-about-view-boycott/news/2489

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 02:48 PM
And let's not forget this one!

Offenders forced to listen to Barry Manilow

A COLORADO judge has sentenced people busted for noise pollution to one hour of listening to unpopular or unusual music.
Mostly young adult offenders were kept in a room and made to listen to Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You, Karen Carpenter and Barry Manilow with the volume up loud, CBS4Denver.com reported.

Most offenders, who were not allowed to eat, drink, read or sleep, found the punishment funny at first. But then the boredom set in.

"At about 20 minutes into it, I was trying not to fall a sleep," offender Luis Cano said.

Judge Paul Sacco, who carries out the punishment about four times per year, said the sentenced fit the crime.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22431662-5001028,00.html

stephanie
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
What a flaming wuss..:coffee:

Joan
09-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Jim - you remember when I lived upstairs from those male strippers? I'd get them to shut the hell up by placing the speakers down and blasting my Barry Manilow album (which I still have, by the way)! I may just toss it now, any fan of Rosie, isn't worth saving!

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Jim - you remember when I lived upstairs from those male strippers? I'd get them to shut the hell up by placing the speakers down and blasting my Barry Manilow album (which I still have, by the way)! I may just toss it now, any fan of Rosie, isn't worth saving!

I remember the apartment you're speaking of, but if you ever played Manilow I'm sure I ran for the hills!

Abbey Marie
09-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Jim I didn't know you lived just below your mom!

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Jim I didn't know you lived just below your mom!

I could never be a male stripper. I'd be trying to hookup with just about every lady that was at the clubs, and I get 'excited' rather easily! :laugh2:

09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I could never be a male stripper. I'd be trying to hookup with just about every lady that was at the clubs, and I get 'excited' rather easily! :laugh2:

i think the ladies at the club want to see you "excited" to see them. but would they really notice?:laugh2:

darin
09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
and I get 'excited' rather easily! :laugh2:

OCA tells me nobody would be able to tell anyway, Jim...so..go for it

:D

:finger3::poke:

jimnyc
09-18-2007, 05:27 PM
i think the ladies at the club want to see you "excited" to see them. but would they really notice?:laugh2:

I'm not sure they make the 'speedo's' that those guys wear large enough to keep 'him' from protruding out and scaring away all the ladies!

OCA tells me nobody would be able to tell anyway, Jim...so..go for it

:D

:finger3::poke:

Damn that OCA! Queer greek bastard takes care of me and then brags about it! LOL

Joan
09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
If my memory serves me - that was back in your days, of hanging out with Fitzgerald and company, so you weren't home much!! And it was only on the nights they danced and brought some bimbos home with them!!

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2007, 08:16 PM

??....I would be surprised if he put OUT a new album.....

Dilloduck
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
"at the COPA----COPA CABANA--" :dance:

Cmon you losers--he's awesome !!!

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Well thats it, I'm never watching the view again.... Long live Marry Banilow

dan
09-19-2007, 04:22 AM
"I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy, Barbara or Whoopi, but not Elisabeth Hasselback [sic]. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out.

Yep, they wouldn't accomodate his simple request of removing one of the hosts from the show. What a douche.:rolleyes:

KarlMarx
09-19-2007, 06:20 AM
NEW YORK, New York (September 17, 2007) – The man who writes the songs won’t be singing any of them on “The View” – or at least as long as Elisabeth Hasselbeck is there.

Barry Manilow says he has backed out of his scheduled appearance on the morning talk show after the show refused to pull Hasselbeck from the interview, Access Hollywood has learned.

Manilow, a long time friend of Rosie O’Donnell, posted the following message on his Web site:

“I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy, Barbara or Whoopi, but not Elisabeth Hasselback [sic]. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out. It’s really too bad because I’ve always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs. The good news is that I will be on a whole slew of other shows promoting the new album so I hope you can catch me on those.”

remainder of article at:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/television/ah6826.shtml

Either Manilow is a Machiavellian or he's a big baby. If he can't "compromise his beliefs" why isn't he willing to stand up for them? How is an interview with Elizabeth Hasselbeck (who I think is the best looking of the four) going to "compromise" Manilow's beliefs?????

This is a common liberal attitude (yes, he's liberal, and a big contributor to Democrat presidential candidates). They can neither debate nor defend their positions without histrionics and pouting.

Now, if I were Barry Manilow, I'd not only insist that Elisabeth Hasselbeck interview me but insist that Whoppi Goldberg NOT interview me. She looks like a baboon with dreadlocks (she is so ugly, her mother used to tie a pork chop around her neck so the dog would play with her!)

BoogyMan
09-19-2007, 07:10 AM
remainder of article at:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/television/ah6826.shtml

Either Manilow is a Machiavellian or he's a big baby. If he can't "compromise his beliefs" why isn't he willing to stand up for them? How is an interview with Elizabeth Hasselbeck (who I think is the best looking of the four) going to "compromise" Manilow's beliefs?????

This is a common liberal attitude (yes, he's liberal, and a big contributor to Democrat presidential candidates). They can neither debate nor defend their positions without histrionics and pouting.

Now, if I were Barry Manilow, I'd not only insist that Elisabeth Hasselbeck interview me but insist that Whoppi Goldberg NOT interview me. She looks like a baboon with dreadlocks (she is so ugly, her mother used to tie a pork chop around her neck so the dog would play with her!)

Hi Karl,

One question, if a moron refuses to appear on the view and no-one watches, does anyone hear him sing Mandy? :laugh2:

KarlMarx
09-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi Karl,

One question, if a moron refuses to appear on the view and no-one watches, does anyone her him sing Mandy? :laugh2:

I think he's afraid of catching cooties from Elizabeth Hasselbeck...
we all should be so lucky!

Trigg
09-19-2007, 05:44 PM

I'm going to file this post under

To Much Information

As for Manilow, No great loss IMO

Sitarro
09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
I went to a Manilow concert in the seventies(girlfriends brother was a worker at LSUs arena and she said she would REALLY appreciate it if I took her there to see her brother). I was amazed at how many commercial jimgles, at the time, he had written. His show was better than I expected and my girlfriend REALLY did show her appreciation in the car on the way home......... it was well worth it....hehehe

jackass
09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
and I get 'excited' rather easily! :laugh2:

Oh man....you said that was a pen in your pocket!!

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Im ashamed he is a jew, he doesnt act like one.

Sources Claim Barry Manilow Lying About 'View' Boycott
September 17, 2007, 2:31 pm PDT

NEW YORK, New York (September 17, 2007) " The man who writes the songs won't be singing any of them on "The View" " or at least as long as Elisabeth Hasselbeck is there.

Manilow, a long time friend of Rosie O'Donnell, posted the following message on his Web site:

"I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy, Barbara or Whoopi, but not Elisabeth Hasselback [sic]. Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request so I bowed out. It's really too bad because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs. The good news is that I will be on a whole slew of other shows promoting the new album so I hope you can catch me on those."

However, sources close to "The View" claim Manilow is lying.

Sources told Access the show is the one who cancelled the booking because they would not allow the "Copacabana" singer to dictate who would interview him.

In addition, the appearance has been scheduled since July (which is after Rosie left the show) and that Manilow has appeared twice on the show in the past with Hasselbeck on the panel.

The sources suggest Manilow is causing a stir in order to create a buzz as his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies," is getting ready to debut.

http://omg.yahoo.com/sources-claim-barry-manilow-lying-about-view-boycott/news/2489

KarlMarx
10-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Im ashamed he is a jew, he doesnt act like one.
Consider that Whoppi Goldberg makes jokes to the Speaker of the House of doing a three way with her and her husband and you have to wonder why Mr Manilow has a problem with Mrs Hasselbeck.

Whoppi Goldberg appears to have little more class than her predecessor.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
well said.

Consider that Whoppi Goldberg makes jokes to the Speaker of the House of doing a three way with her and her husband and you have to wonder why Mr Manilow has a problem with Mrs Hasselbeck.

Whoppi Goldberg appears to have little more class than her predecessor.

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM

Happens all the time with the has been artists. Sounds familar to a recent topic on Springsteen posted here.:rolleyes: