PDA

View Full Version : Trump Vetoed Military Funding

Kathianne
12-23-2020, 07:57 PM
It'll be overridden next week, bou going to make Trump core even more estranged from gop. GA. 1/5.

jimnyc
12-24-2020, 01:52 PM
It'll be overridden next week, bou going to make Trump core even more estranged from gop. GA. 1/5.

What was his reasoning? Was it as well stuffed with useless crap? Did he give direct reasoning as to the veto?

SassyLady
12-24-2020, 02:38 PM
What was his reasoning? Was it as well stuffed with useless crap? Did he give direct reasoning as to the veto?

Renaming military bases.

Kathianne
12-24-2020, 03:19 PM
Renaming military bases.

I thought it more the social media 230 clause?

Either way was something to have 'won' on prior to election, now it's about making life hell for the gop.
Figuring the core will not cooperate in at least near future-causing more splits within party.

Edit: Texting is soooo not my thing.

SassyLady
12-24-2020, 04:45 PM
You're right. It's both 230 and military bases..

From Axios

Driving the news: Trump had previously pledged to veto the bill if Congress did not repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which grants liability protections for social media companies.

Trump also opposes legislation in the bill that proposes renaming 10 military installations currently named after Confederate leaders.
What he's saying: "The Act fails even to make any meaningful changes to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, despite bipartisan calls for repealing that provision," Trump said in a message to the House Wednesday.

"My Administration recognizes the importance of the Act to our national security. Unfortunately, the Act fails to include critical national security measures, includes provisions that fail to respect our veterans and our military's history, and contradicts efforts by my Administration to put America first in our national security and foreign policy actions," he added.
"It is a 'gift' to China and Russia."