PDA

View Full Version : How big is your...................

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
well..............how big is it..........

you all have dirty minds....

i have a 1500 sq. ft. craftsman bungalow

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:14 PM
10,000 square ft penthouse downtown SLO that surprisingly feels like a 700 sq ft. apt. It is "charming" and "cute"

darin
09-18-2007, 10:15 PM
:)

~2000sq foot nothing-special. 2-story, in a cookie-cutter neighborhood.

I'd LOVE a craftsman-style home. :)

hjmick
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
10,000 square ft penthouse downtown SLO that surprisingly feels like a 700 sq ft. apt. It is "charming" and "cute"

ROFLMFAO

Is there a downtown SLO? LOL

My humble abode is about 1,000 sq ft, single family attached, south of Yurt. My wife bought it before we got married, I would prefer a slightly larger place. It's just the two of us most of the time so in reality it works well for us.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM

top floor...which building...please don't tell me you live in the old hotel...

darin
09-18-2007, 10:24 PM
considering housing costs in CA, I'm surprised you guys can afford a computer AND a house :)

April15
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
considering housing costs in CA, I'm surprised you guys can afford a computer AND a house :)It goes with the wages.

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
ROFLMFAO

Is there a downtown SLO? LOL

My humble abode is about 1,000 sq ft, single family attached, south of Yurt. My wife bought it before we got married, I would prefer a slightly larger place. It's just the two of us most of the time so in reality it works well for us.

LOL. Actually yeah, SLO has a nice, cute downtown. Farmers market rocks. BBQ at McClintocks is truly unforgettable.

darin
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
It goes with the wages.

wha? You mean people get PAID MORE in california to help compensate??

:-/

Right. I'm 18 years old...I get it.

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:30 PM
top floor...which building...please don't tell me you live in the old hotel...

LOL, nah, you have to be a senior to live there. I'm up the hill to the north a bit (two blocks) from downtown. The neighborhood is considered "downtown". Landlord just rented the studio below me for $900.

:cheers2:

Suckers, they have no idea how loud my stereo gets, has a mind of its own it does....

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
It goes with the wages.

Not those kind of "wages" April :laugh2:

TBO, only a few jobs actually pay more. We moved from Salem, OR and my wife's salary stayed the same, for same type of job while mine doubled. But SLO is notorious for very low wage and very high rent. I am an exception.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
LOL. Actually yeah, SLO has a nice, cute downtown. Farmers market rocks. BBQ at McClintocks is truly unforgettable.

is bulls still there?....mccarthys?....dark room?....tortilla flat....the sandwich shop on the creek?....the bar in the basement?....the graduate....

i am soo old

darin
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Not those kind of "wages" April :laugh2:

TBO, only a few jobs actually pay more. We moved from Salem, OR and my wife's salary stayed the same, for same type of job while mine doubled. But SLO is notorious for very low wage and very high rent. I am an exception.

I know federal jobs don't pay much-if-any more, and probably LESS down there. In fact, up until this past pay increase, Seattle area Fed jobs paid more than most other areas - even DC Federal jobs. To live in DC, I'd have to make at least 30% more to afford a house like I have now (which isn't nice at all..it's new, and clean and stuff...but No where near 'luxury' and junk.

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:50 PM
is bulls still there?....mccarthys?....dark room?....tortilla flat....the sandwich shop on the creek?....the bar in the basement?....the graduate....

i am soo old

Sorry, the only thing still here is the graduate and I think bulls. mccarthy's left due to rent increases and retro fitting, but is rumored to possible open up elsewhere. the sandwich shop? the one below the street or on level with the back entrance by the creek? the one in back is there, but i don't think it has been here that long, at least I think it is new owners/name from when I left in 94.

:huddle:

Yurt
09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
I know federal jobs don't pay much-if-any more, and probably LESS down there. In fact, up until this past pay increase, Seattle area Fed jobs paid more than most other areas - even DC Federal jobs. To live in DC, I'd have to make at least 30% more to afford a house like I have now (which isn't nice at all..it's new, and clean and stuff...but No where near 'luxury' and junk.

That is very true. Also, though my wages jumped at first, I have only gone up 10$/hour and I know friends in Seattle making the same and more but some own homes because you can actually get into the market for around 300K in seattle (condo) and if on the outskirts (house). My best bud bought his house in bonney lake for 140 in 2000 and is now worth 200. Has a small view of the lake.

darin
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
That is very true. Also, though my wages jumped at first, I have only gone up 10$/hour and I know friends in Seattle making the same and more but some own homes because you can actually get into the market for around 300K in seattle (condo) and if on the outskirts (house). My best bud bought his house in bonney lake for 140 in 2000 and is now worth 200. Has a small view of the lake.

Forum member Jon used to live in Bonney Lake :)

Our house in Puyallup was purchased for 184k back in 2003. We could get about 300k out of it now...next summer for sure. :)

Up in/near seattle? geesh...yeah 300k for a condo is about right. :( Sucks.

manu1959
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry, the only thing still here is the graduate and I think bulls. mccarthy's left due to rent increases and retro fitting, but is rumored to possible open up elsewhere. the sandwich shop? the one below the street or on level with the back entrance by the creek? the one in back is there, but i don't think it has been here that long, at least I think it is new owners/name from when I left in 94.

:huddle:

we used to start at the dark room, next to the theatre...

hit the sandwich shoppe off the creek out back

then tortilla flats and mclintocks ....

then doulble back to bulls and mcarthys...then finish off under the stairs in the bar under that restaurant mid block.....

finally garbage can races home.....lived across the street to the right of the courthouse....

then we drove golf balls down the street....we drove nails into the asphalt for tees....

Yurt
09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
we used to start at the dark room, next to the theatre...

hit the sandwich shoppe off the creek out back

then tortilla flats and mclintocks ....

then doulble back to bulls and mcarthys...then finish off under the stairs in the bar under that restaurant mid block.....

finally garbage can races home.....lived across the street to the right of the courthouse....

then we drove golf balls down the street....we drove nails into the asphalt for tees....

damn and I thought my cow tipping was wild and crazy :coffee:

actually lived on kentucky street, one block from Poly in HS. I looked older, I guess, so I always got into frat parties, took my friends. Got so plastered on night I actually got lost 2 blocks from house. Then she had her way me, or so she said...

AFbombloader
09-19-2007, 05:23 AM

Good food and beer at the SLO Brewery too.

Trigg
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
You people need to live in the Midwest, where houses are still affordable and their not right on top of each other.

It would drive me crazy living in an addition with people so close.

You can get a nice house around here for 140k and that's with some land.

Nukeman
09-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Gotta agree the midwest is by far the most economical area to live. You can get over 3400 sqft for under 200K, if you build you can get for a lot less and thats with a couple of acres and a pool!

You guys that live on the coast, I dont know how you do it! My hats off to you that do, but I really dont know how you do it!!!:cheers2:

5stringJeff
09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Forum member Jon used to live in Bonney Lake :)

Our house in Puyallup was purchased for 184k back in 2003. We could get about 300k out of it now...next summer for sure. :)

Up in/near seattle? geesh...yeah 300k for a condo is about right. :( Sucks.

Forum member 5stringJeff used to live in Puyallup... an older neighborhood, though, in a 1900 sq ft home.

Now I'm in a 2100 sq ft townhouse in Syracuse, NY.

JohnDoe
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
We just bought the cutest little 1500 sq ft New England Cape Cod Cottage, with a Center brick fireplace, cedarshake siding and cedar shake roof, that has views that never end, with wildflowers and wildlife, and a Pond and a Meadow right out the front door, pressing up to a Forrest and a Brook.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Care4all/1.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Care4all/scenery022-1.jpg
sorry about the dirty windows! :)

Shoot! I give up trying to figure out how to size these pics down so here is the albulm... :)

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Care4all/?start=all

Yurt
09-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Good food and beer at the SLO Brewery too.

Yeah, but they got new owners and it is now downtown brewery. they changed the atmosphere a bit, haven't been back.