PDA

View Full Version : Dingell: House Will Vote on and I Think Will Pass $2,000 Direct Payments on Monday

jimnyc
12-26-2020, 08:54 PM
:clap::clap:

Good for Buck and anyone else on board stating that that Sure - you get your vote for $2k in a heartbeat, just toss out the pork in it!

---

Dingell: House Will Vote on and I Think Will Pass $2,000 Direct Payments on Monday

On Saturday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Velshi,” House Majority Senior Whip Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) said that Democrats will vote to increase direct payments to $2,000 on Monday, and believes that the vote will pass in the House.

Dingell said, “We’ll vote to get it on Monday. … Republicans objected to passing it. We’re coming back in on Monday and we will vote on it again. I’m not quite sure, I think everybody’s trying to figure out the parliamentary procedure, but I do believe it’ll pass the House. So, Mr. President, talk to your Republican Senate, talk to your Republican leader. Let’s get this done for the American people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/12/26/dingell-house-will-vote-on-and-i-think-will-pass-2000-direct-payments-on-monday/

GOP Rep. Buck: I Think GOP Will Support $2,000 Check if Pork Is Removed, But Just Adding $2,000 Payment ‘Unacceptable’

On Saturday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) stated that he believes Americans should receive $2,000 direct payments, and that if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) removes the pork from the spending package, “she’ll get overwhelming Republican support. She’ll certainly have my support, but just to add a $2,000 payment instead of a $600 payment to the pork that’s in the bill is just unacceptable.”

Buck said, “I absolutely am in favor of giving the American people $2,000. I think it’s the right move. I think the president’s absolutely right, but that’s only part of what the president is suggesting. Nancy Pelosi gave the members of the House just a few hours to read 6,000 pages of legislation. She did that because she had stuffed this bill full of pork. … What the president is saying is, make America first. Bring America — make America the priority, so stop funding foreign projects in a COVID relief bill, knock that out, and take that money and use it to fund the — and give the American people a $2,000 check. If Nancy Pelosi does that, I think she’ll get overwhelming Republican support. She’ll certainly have my support, but just to add a $2,000 payment instead of a $600 payment to the pork that’s in the bill is just unacceptable.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/12/26/gop-rep-buck-i-think-gop-will-support-2000-check-if-pork-is-removed-but-just-adding-2000-payment-unacceptable/