PDA

View Full Version : Portland Mayor Admits Failure in Dealing with Antifa, Asks for Federal, State Help

jimnyc
01-02-2021, 04:09 PM
Most folks saw that he failed months and months ago. And then refused any assistance offered, because it was from Trump and may have helped in the election. :rolleyes:

If it were ME I would say tough shit. But it's not me, and the right thing to do is go in and help and get rid of them finally, and free up the citizenry from these idiots.

---

Portland Mayor Admits Failure in Dealing with Antifa, Asks for Federal, State Help

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler admitted his policies in dealing with Antifa anarchists failed. He called for new enforcement actions and asked for federal and state assistance in dealing with the lawlessness.

“My good-faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing violence and even scorn from radical Antifa and anarchists,” Wheeler said in a New Year’s Day press conference. “In response, it will be necessary to use additional tools and to push the limits of the tools we already have to bring the criminal destruction and violence to an end.”

“It’s time to push back harder against those who are set on destroying our community and to take more risks in fighting lawlessness,” the Portland mayor continued.

The mayor’s remarks follow violent attacks by Antifa on Portland Police Bureau officers and destruction of businesses in the downtown district on New Year’s Eve. The anarchists attacked their officers with commercial-grade fireworks and firebombs. Antifa rioters threw at least two Molotov cocktail-style firebombs and launched multiple commercial-grade fireworks at Portland police as they attempted to defend the downtown business district and the federal courthouse.

“We should be clear what this was last night, it was about violence and criminal destruction, period,” Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell said during the press conference.

Mayor Wheeler called upon federal, state, county, and local law enforcement partners to work with him to develop “clear plans to address anarchist violence.” He also asked the Oregon Legislature to increase the penalties for people who engage in repeated acts of criminal destruction and vandalism.

Antifa-related violence ran rampant in Portland through much of 2020 as prosecutors in the city dismissed charges against 90 percent of the protesters arrested in September alone, Breitbart’s Ildefonso Ortiz reported. During the first week of October, only 19 of the 213 people arrested in September had pending charges.

Between May and September, prosecutors dismissed more than 70 percent of charges. In one case, charges of attempted murder, attempted assault, arson, possession of a destructive device, and rioting were dismissed against a man who allegedly threw a Molotov cocktail at police officers.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/01/02/portland-mayor-admits-failure-in-dealing-with-antifa-asks-for-federal-state-help/

jimnyc
01-03-2021, 03:24 PM
He did not try in good faith. He was an asshole about it along with a few other mayors that refused help & applauded the protesters ripping apart their cities. All these folks refused because it was Trump and it may have helped him. :rolleyes:

---

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Is Finally Figuring Out He Can’t Appease Antifa Rioters

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler has been trying to act in good faith with the radical Antifa rioters tearing apart his city. It has gotten him nowhere.

They began rioting in May of last year. It is now January of 2021 and they are still going.

Now Wheeler is finally starting to figure out that he can’t negotiate with these folks.

KOIN News reports: (https://www.koin.com/local/multnomah-county/wheeler-ppb-chief-to-hold-virtual-press-conference/)

Wheeler calls out ‘antifa anarchists’ following NYE riot

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler minced no words in his opening remarks at a New Year’s Day press conference following a riot on New Year’s Eve in downtown.

Wheeler laid out the “who, what, when, where and why” of what happened Thursday.

“The who: violent antifa and anarchists,” the mayor said. They rampaged through downtown Portland causing tens of thousands of dollars of damage with spray painting, window breaking, fires and fireworks.

“Why? This is the hardest question of all to answer,” Wheeler said. “Why would a group of largely white, young and some middle age men destroy the livelihood of others who are struggling to get by?”

The mayor said he sees himself as a caring and honest person. “It is hard for me to accept that there are some people who are just bent on destruction.”…

“My good faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing violence and even scorn from radical antifa and anarchists,” Wheeler said. “In response it will be necessary to use additional tools and to push the limits of the tools we already have to bring the criminal destruction and violence to an end.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-finally-figuring-cant-appease-antifa-rioters-video/

SassyLady
01-04-2021, 04:54 PM
The citizens voted the mayor in. Hopefully they now understand the lax protection provided them was a direct result of his political agenda and vote him out. In the meantime I hope he doesn't ask for federal funds to bail him out. Why should the rest of the country put money into his failure? I understand helping people through a natural disaster but this was pure politics and the only way it will change is if the people who elected these idiots suffer enough they're willing to change their leadership.

However, if their elections are rigged they are screwed.