PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against Danny Masterson must go through Church of Scientology arbitration

tailfins
01-02-2021, 05:45 PM
This is one of the very few issues where Democrats get it right. This binding arbitration scam needs to change.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/civil-lawsuit-danny-masterson-church-of-scientology-arbitration-judge-rules-reports

Four women who previously accused the actor of rape filed a lawsuit against him and the church

jimnyc
01-02-2021, 05:52 PM
I agree!

I read this a few days ago and was like WTF? But it is a civil and not criminal complaint, and she did sign it, supposedly.

I don't agree with this "church" and their operations. The more and more I learn over the years the more I think the people within are psycho.

tailfins
01-02-2021, 05:59 PM
I agree!

I read this a few days ago and was like WTF? But it is a civil and not criminal complaint, and she did sign it, supposedly.

I don't agree with this "church" and their operations. The more and more I learn over the years the more I think the people within are psycho.

Binding arbitration in general is a scam, generally set up in a one-sided manner by the entity with more power. Lots of financial institutions now require it to short-circuit the ability to sue over financial errors.