PDA

View Full Version : ‘View’ Explodes After McCain Presses Warnock (can't have that!)

jimnyc
01-06-2021, 04:40 PM
All McCain asked her was about the court packing, new states and other initiatives the Dems are pushing. He stuck and responded about other things, so she asked him once again if he would do as Mancin and not support such extremism. And he didn't answer...

But Whoopi intervenes after she asks the 2nd time, ends the conversation and then rolls her eyes and shakes her head, as if how dare McCain ask such tough questions. I don't know why she bothers talking with those other twits. I don't care how much they pay her.

He's for defunding the police too. :rolleyes:

---

‘View’ Explodes After McCain Presses Warnock to Reject His Party’s Extremism

Wednesday marks the third day in a row of shocking blowups on The View. Georgia’s Senator-Elect Raphael Warnock was being blessed with heavy praise and softball questions from the liberal hosts when conservative co-host Meghan McCain changed things by asking him a real critical question. But when she kept pressing Warnock for a direct answer, she faced the wrath of co-host Whoopi Goldberg and the show’s producers.

Before this crazy part, each host shamelessly fawned over their Democrat guest. A beaming Whoopi Goldberg couldn’t contain her excitement:

I'm thrilled. I'm nice to wake up to good news for a change! First, okay [laughing] Congratulations. Let's start with that. We are thrilled to welcome this man to The View right now. Congratulations. I mean, what has this been like for you to be able to say, thank you for electing me the first black senator from the state of Georgia? What did that feel like?

However, the softballs and worship ended when Meghan McCain got the last question in to Warnock:

You talked a lot about unity on the campaign trail and the need to unify the country and unify Georgians, but Progressives across the country are celebrating that your election could mean adding two states, eliminating the filibuster and packing the Supreme Court with more members. Your colleague Joe Manchin has joined with Republicans to reject those ideas. Chuck Schumer this morning tweeted, quote, buckle up. So you can understand how hard it's hard for Republicans like me to believe in the spirit of unity, and I want to know, will you do the same thing as Joe Manchin [D-WV] and agree not to follow up with those things?

Warnock didn't directly answer but said he wasn't focused on these "beltway" issues because Georgians weren't. Instead, he talked about improving health care. As he kept to his talking points, McCain pressed him again:

"I do believe that average Americans care about packing the courts and I just want to know if you agree and if you would agree with Joe Manchin and agree that you are not for that," she posed. But Warnock again denied these were issues his constituents cared about and would make no promises.

McCain let him finish his response before trying once more. But that was one time too much. Whoopi angrily yelled at McCain she needed to "end this:"

MCCAIN: Senator, I understand that.

WHOOPI: Okay, I’m going to--

MCCAIN: I'm just asking you a direct question. I just wanted to know if you -- I just wanted to know if you would join

[CROSS-TALK]

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: I'm actually going to end this.

[McCain silent]

WHOOPI: [shouting] Hey, listen! We're going to say thanks to the Senator-elect Reverend Raphael Warnock, and we will be right back. Thank you for coming back sir. [shaking her head and rolling eyes]

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2021/01/06/must-watch-view-explodes-after-mccain-presses-warnock-reject-his