PDA

View Full Version : CNN really crossed the line with their coverage today

gabosaurus
01-06-2021, 07:53 PM
My daughter was watching various networks and web sites today and messaging me while I was at work. She thought Fox did a commendable job trying to keep up with the speeches and riots. They called out Trump a couple of times for rambling in his speech. At one point, he starting reminiscing about beating Hillary Clinton and standing before "millions of people" in his rallies. CNN, on the other hand, became gradually more unhinged. At one point, they compared the invasion of the capitol to the War of 1812. Figure that one out. The one she watched the most was the Right Wing News Network. They hit full swagger at the Trump rally and while marching with protestors to the Capitol. Once the riots started, the rhetoric became more subdued. One reporter was at the top of the Capitol steps when rioters started smashing out doors and windows. When he attempted to question one, others pushed him away and cursed out. The poor man quickly moved back and looked shell shocked in a later spot. It was very sad.

jimnyc
01-06-2021, 08:24 PM
I refuse to watch them, but really same goes for Fox. I simply won't watch TV news and have it hand delivered to me anymore, as those all delivering it to me have long strayed away from proper journalism.

I get all of my news from a total of about 50 -75 sites all visited at varied times. And just constantly read nationally and wherever I can, and wherever the links keep leading me to. I think somewhere in there buried with everything, and separated from this and that - is the actual news & truth. But I assure you it ain't on the MSM, not any of the channels IMO.

Kathianne
01-06-2021, 08:38 PM
My daughter was watching various networks and web sites today and messaging me while I was at work. She thought Fox did a commendable job trying to keep up with the speeches and riots. They called out Trump a couple of times for rambling in his speech. At one point, he starting reminiscing about beating Hillary Clinton and standing before "millions of people" in his rallies. CNN, on the other hand, became gradually more unhinged. At one point, they compared the invasion of the capitol to the War of 1812. Figure that one out. The one she watched the most was the Right Wing News Network. They hit full swagger at the Trump rally and while marching with protestors to the Capitol. Once the riots started, the rhetoric became more subdued. One reporter was at the top of the Capitol steps when rioters started smashing out doors and windows. When he attempted to question one, others pushed him away and cursed out. The poor man quickly moved back and looked shell shocked in a later spot. It was very sad.
War if 1812 saw the bombardment of DC and burning of capitol.

I've been at work and have only seen pics. The Trump since election is what I feared and now the ramifications are hitting home.