PDA

View Full Version : Woman Shot, Killed Inside Capitol Identified as 14-Year Veteran Who Served Four Tours

jimnyc
01-07-2021, 12:13 PM
I wanted to place this one separately. I feel no matter what she deserves respect. What I saw, she was simply standing there and wasn't breaking things or barging into the chamber. But she was inside, so guilty to an extent. Still a veteran with 4 tours and gets my respect.

I don't know what she was doing. Did mass crowds just follow in thinking it was somehow OK? Follow the crowd or leader? I can't imagine every single person that entered was a violent bad person, but I do think all that went past prohibited lines and entered the facilities was guilty. So this one hurts. Watching the video, knowing it's a woman, that she wasn't violent & her history now... and perhaps she was just there protesting? I just don't know how to think or feel about this one. I mean, what's the point of walking into the building and remaining peaceful and just standing around hanging out in the crowd in the halls outside the rotunda. But shouldn't have entered. :( Shouldn't have followed the crowd.

It's loud in there but not a lot of action. Then you hear a loud pop and you see her fall. Not as graphic as they say, but then they do show her with blood coming from her mouth and it's obvious she's limp and dying from the shot.

---

Woman Shot, Killed Inside Capitol Identified as 14-Year Veteran Who Served Four Tours

The woman who was shot in the neck and killed inside the Capitol building on Wednesday afternoon has been identified as Ashli Babbitt, a 14-year veteran who served four tours with the U.S. Airforce.

Ashli Babbitt, who was shot and killed inside the U.S. Capitol building during protests on Wednesday, was from San Diego, California, according to KUSI News, who spoke to Babbitt’s husband on Wednesday.

The report added that Babbitt was a 14-year veteran who served four tours with the U.S. Airforce and was a high-level security officer throughout her time in service.

Her husband told KUSI News that she was a strong supporter of President Donald Trump and was a great patriot to all who knew her.

The Metropolitan police department said that an investigation into Babbitt’s death is still underway.

On Wednesday afternoon, two graphic videos surfaced on social media, which showed Babbitt bleeding out of her neck after appearing to have been shot inside the Capitol. Paramedics were seen trying to place her on a stretcher.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/06/woman-shot-killed-capitol-14-year-veteran/

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Woman Shot in the Neck Inside Capitol Building

Warning: This story contains graphic images.

A woman was shot in the neck inside the Capitol building, according to videos and photos shared to social media Wednesday afternoon.

UPDATE: NBC reports the woman has died.

https://i.imgur.com/gwMydSb.png

Two graphic videos showed the young woman bleeding out of her neck while paramedics tried to place her on a stretcher inside the Capitol building. Pandemonium around the injured woman ensued while shots could be heard fired in the background.

https://i.imgur.com/pTuFEmT.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/01/06/graphic-video-woman-shot-in-the-neck-inside-capitol-building/

Kathianne
01-08-2021, 11:40 AM
No choice for officer but to shoot the woman:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-police-officer-shooting-ashli-babbitt-gop-congressman

SassyLady
01-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Sad that she put her life on the line for America on so many tours and then felt she had to go to this extreme to keep American dream alive and loses her life to a fellow American doing his job.

The video I saw showed her trying to step through broken window and that's when she was shot. Still sad.

jimnyc
01-08-2021, 04:54 PM
I still respect her as a veteran who served 4 tours. Nothing will take that away from her.

But turns out she went there with intent. Much too far left for my liking, conspiracies galore and even the Qanon BS. Went there for the March and willingly marched to the capitol building and entered.

Now, the original video I had seen and linked to, showed events from a side view. With the crowd in front blocking view of her, it looked like she just accidentally got shot while standing there. Then quite a few other angles started coming out, including the one from the other side of the door. She wasn't just standing there and in fact approached the door and was part of the way up and was going to let herself through the broken glass bent inward. She barely got there before she was shot and fell backwards. I clearly saw the guy with the gun on the other side prior to the shot.

I'm not sure what warnings he said or towards that window or crowd or her, nor if it mattered at that point as they were under assault and protecting house members and the VP was in the building. But it took about 2 seconds tops for her to go from the ground and pull herself upward and go to put her legs through before she was shot and fell. That quick.

So she not only was she in the building, she was clearly far in and one of the first to attempt to go through those particular doors.

Kathianne
01-08-2021, 07:14 PM
I still respect her as a veteran who served 4 tours. Nothing will take that away from her.

But turns out she went there with intent. Much too far left for my liking, conspiracies galore and even the Qanon BS. Went there for the March and willingly marched to the capitol building and entered.

Now, the original video I had seen and linked to, showed events from a side view. With the crowd in front blocking view of her, it looked like she just accidentally got shot while standing there. Then quite a few other angles started coming out, including the one from the other side of the door. She wasn't just standing there and in fact approached the door and was part of the way up and was going to let herself through the broken glass bent inward. She barely got there before she was shot and fell backwards. I clearly saw the guy with the gun on the other side prior to the shot.

I'm not sure what warnings he said or towards that window or crowd or her, nor if it mattered at that point as they were under assault and protecting house members and the VP was in the building. But it took about 2 seconds tops for her to go from the ground and pull herself upward and go to put her legs through before she was shot and fell. That quick.

So she not only was she in the building, she was clearly far in and one of the first to attempt to go through those particular doors.

The door window she was trying to enter was to the chamber where representatives, staff, and perhaps even Pence was
She already was in the building. Pi