PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to make of this trade

jimnyc
01-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Not a bad looking computer at all! A little dust inside to clean up but otherwise in great condition.

https://i.imgur.com/ZPwbf10h.jpg

-It has the latest I-9 Intel processor in it
-2 SSD hard drives (I took one out last night to make backups on my main computer. The backs were immediate and need separate backups to make sure. That's the 2 pieces of duct tape you see. I onl;y did that to prevent cables from going through to back again)
-Liquid cooled & 5 additional fans to cool things down (built as a gaming machine)
-Latest Asus Strix card, designed for gaming (faster games and such)
-And of course a fantastic motherboard to support everything.

Very similar to mine but even better! An extremely quality build and done right. How do I know? I built it for him!! So I know it inside and out. Very expensive computer, and now it's mine for free free free!!

---

But I'm not too happy about the trade in. It saddens me in fact and I wouldn't have expected that.

I picked up my friend yesterday and he just sprung it on me. "Take my computer, have it" - he's leaving the country and likely not returning. So he gave me his computer - and is giving away a new queen size bed & 2 new dressers and a night table. Can't take anything - and he was leaving at 9am - and he went and is on his way already. Be in Paris in 8 hours and then 2 more to Algeria and that's it. Done, gone.

He was a PITA. Used and abused me at times. But I always gave him rides, loaned him money and was always there for him. Why he gave me his computer. But he was the only friend really I had here in NY in 22 years living in this home. Sad to see him go. Sucks in fact. I honestly didn't want it and tried to talk him out of it. But he said he was giving it someone else if I refused. Told him I was making backups and this and that to send him. And it's his if he changes his mind. I ain't mailing shit to Algeria!! But any other way, it's his. If not, I'll gladly use it and abuse that now! :)

SassyLady
01-07-2021, 04:55 PM
1. What is a PITA?
2. Why did he leave on such short notice?

OAK
01-07-2021, 07:13 PM
1. What is a PITA?
2. Why did he leave on such short notice?Pain-In-The-Ass I'm thinking. :dunno: