PDA

View Full Version : 1st Amendment rights?

Abbey Marie
01-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Though they are not government entities per se, given that social media is arguably the way most Americans communicate their opinions and get information now, is it the new “free speech”? And if it is, will the USSC break up this liberal chokehold that FB, Twitter, and Apple have on our speech?
Any thoughts?

icansayit
01-10-2021, 06:30 PM
What all of the CROOKS...I mean Politicians on the Left have ignored when trying to take away the 1st amendment is...The 14th Amendment. They have tried to reverse, ignore, twist, and overpower us with their Self-appointed Powers as Gov's and members of Congress.

But this makes them ALL Crooks by ignoring the entire Constitution.

14th Amendment:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
I personally am convinced that Facebook, Google, Twitter, AND All of the Other Giants of Silicon Valley are.....though denied by Leftists....as NEAR PURE MONOPOLIES...Which, in the U.S. are ...
A monopoly is a firm who is the sole seller of its product, and where there are no close substitutes. An unregulated monopoly has market power and can influence prices. Examples: Microsoft and Windows, DeBeers and diamonds, your local natural gas company.

Kathianne
01-10-2021, 06:34 PM
Though they are not government entities per se, given that social media is arguably the way most Americans communicate their opinions and get information now, is it the new “free speech”? And if it is, will the USSC break up this liberal chokehold that FB, Twitter, and Apple have on our speech?
Any thoughts?
Pretty much think that anti-trust or collusion amongst monopolies is where these are going to eventually end up-whatever the proper name for the charges. I think it was Nunes that brought up possible Rico charges?

pete311
01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Any thoughts?

Social media companies are not part of the gov, so wtf are you talking about free speech for? You sound like China wanting to take over companies.

LongTermGuy
01-10-2021, 08:58 PM
Remember last year when violent leftist mobs assaulted the innocent...burned down cities and

hunted law enforcement officers--and Democrats pretended none of it was happening?

I sure do.

Remember when people ransacked, vandalized and ultimately set fire to a police precinct - and it was all called a peaceful protest.

"Stock up"....Lots of things coming the week.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348444174421516288

Abbey Marie
01-10-2021, 09:36 PM
Social media companies are not part of the gov, so wtf are you talking about free speech for? You sound like China wanting to take over companies.

Good lord you are a nasty person. I started by saying they are not Gov’t entities, jacko.

fj1200
01-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Any thoughts?

Which law, and brought by whom, do you think that they would use to address the issue?

Abbey Marie
01-10-2021, 09:42 PM

jimnyc
01-10-2021, 10:06 PM
Good lord you are a nasty person. I started by saying they are not Gov’t entities, jacko.

If he can't discuss things without being his usual self, then ignore him until he can, if ever. Look how he hits a bunch of threads just to :poke: . Would be different if he wanted to have some discussions at least, but nope.

Mr. P
01-11-2021, 01:30 AM
If he can't discuss things without being his usual self, then ignore him until he can, if ever. Look how he hits a bunch of threads just to :poke: . Would be different if he wanted to have some discussions at least, but nope.

Back in the day we called that a TROLL. Thinking the same still applies. Just sayin

jimnyc
01-11-2021, 11:20 AM
Back in the day we called that a TROLL. Thinking the same still applies. Just sayin

That too... and also funny how the same dumbasses who come here and call us nazis at times and complain that there is no freedom of speech, are the same who later scoff and point out that it's only if it's government.

A few from Pete...

I reject all violence and respect freedom of speech

Bill Maher is a comedian and a funny guy. Funny how you guys mourned the death of Don Rickles who shit on everyone, but have a problem with Maher. You guys getting PC? Looking to restrict freedom of speech?

Is Maher the government?

No, you don't get it at all. Freedom of speech does not hinge on what YOU consider poor taste. DP has turned into weak pussy political correctness crap. Amazing the shift once the attack is on their beloved.

So when Pete likes it, then suddenly freedom of speech isn't just government, and uses it to his advantage when he wants to. Goes back and forth depending on who is having their speech limited in any way.

As usual, pathetic hypocrisy.