PDA

View Full Version : Just for TM, who loves polls so much!

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Democratic led congress has reached an all time low with an approval rating of 11%! :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-19-2007, 10:20 AM
One poll you will belive huh?

Have you no shame?

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
One poll you will belive huh?

Have you no shame?

Did I say I believed it, oh brainless one? YOU are the one who claims they are very scientific and accurate, so it's YOU who should be posting the accuracy of the latest congressional ratings! I just thought it would be funny to post what YOU apparently already knew.

Hagbard Celine
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Democratic led congress has reached an all time low with an approval rating of 11%! :laugh2:

Why would anyone listen to a poll when the American way is to "stay the course?" :poke:

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Why would anyone listen to a poll when the American way is to "stay the course?" :poke:

I don't listen to any poll that only samples .00001 percent of the people.

Hagbard Celine
09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't listen to any poll that only samples .00001 percent of the people.

You mean message board polls? :laugh:

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 10:29 AM
You mean message board polls? :laugh:

I've actually seen message board polls and blog polls that had larger samplings than those that TM sings as gospel. And even the most one sided boards are probably about as accurate!

retiredman
09-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I find it hilarious that a congress that is nearly evenly split, and one where the republicans have filibuster power in the senate is the "democratically led congress".

Oddly enough, when asked to differentiate between how democrats in congress are doing and republicans in congress are doing, the polls ALL give the democrats a sizeable lead, and have given them that lead since BEFORE the '06 elections.

jimnyc
09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I also find it funny that most people that condemned the prior republican led congress now want to look at things differently. :)

manu1959
09-19-2007, 10:34 AM

congress is staying the course...that is why their rating sucks so bad....

retiredman
09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I also find it funny that most people that condemned the prior republican led congress now want to look at things differently. :)

I only condemned the republican led congress when they failed to exercise any independent oversight of the republican led executive branch.

I may have disagreed with the republican congress when Clinton was in office, and I may have decried their obsessions with Clinton's sex life.... but they certainly exercised their congressional authority and responsibility and did not sit back and let the executive branch drive the ship of state onto the rocks

Hagbard Celine
09-19-2007, 11:01 AM
congress is staying the course...that is why their rating sucks so bad....

And that, coincidentally is also why the President's ratings have stayed in the 30s during the majority of his presidency--except for September 2001 of course. :dance:

manu1959
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
And that, coincidentally is also why the President's ratings have stayed in the 30s during the majority of his presidency--except for September 2001 of course. :dance:

staying in the thirtys is a lot different than going from 40 to 11

retiredman
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
staying in the thirtys is a lot different than going from 40 to 11and you cannot see that, just perhaps, the people, who voted the democrats into the majority in '06 are angry at the lack of progress on the singlemost important issue they sent democrats into fix? And can you not see that maybe, just maybe, they american people are smart enough to figure out that it has been the republican minority that has stood in the way of that progress?

JackDaniels
09-19-2007, 12:01 PM

People generally have had low opinions of Congress for the last 4 years. It isn't a party thing; people are starting now to realize that Republicans and Democrats are all a part of the same big government, tyrannical coin.

Hagbard Celine
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
People generally have had low opinions of Congress for the last 4 years. It isn't a party thing; people are starting now to realize that Republicans and Democrats are all a part of the same big government, tyrannical coin.

Join me, ally, in the fight to spread this information far and wide. This is what I keep trying to tell these boneheads. The so-called "issues" that separate the "two sides" of American politics are nothing more than wedge-issues created to incite controversy and give the appearance of two clearly-defined sides, when in fact, their stances on the real issues, like taxes, military policy, corporate lobbying, etc. fall into lockstep with each other. American politics is a scam. All you can do is vote independent, buy some land, learn how to grow your own food and wait for the inevitable revolution to come.

stephanie
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
I see this is a Zogby poll..

That means the actual numbers were more like in the single digits...

He just couldn't bring himself to go there....:coffee:

09-19-2007, 03:29 PM
I find it hilarious that a congress that is nearly evenly split, and one where the republicans have filibuster power in the senate is the "democratically led congress".

Oddly enough, when asked to differentiate between how democrats in congress are doing and republicans in congress are doing, the polls ALL give the democrats a sizeable lead, and have given them that lead since BEFORE the '06 elections.

Why should you find it odd? The minority party is the only party that can have fillibuster powers. Since the Republicans are the minority they have the power and Congress is lead by Democrats.

Are you really going to argue that the Democrats dont control Congress? That would logically mean the Republicans didnt control Congress these past 12 years prior.