PDA

View Full Version : Third world lessons can help us in these times in the US

tailfins
01-11-2021, 11:49 AM
When I walk down a dark street in a major Latin American city, I have learned to watch the doorways and spaces between buildings among other risk mitigation actions. We can apply the same principles here in the US. Last year, I attended an anti-mask demonstration that happened to by sponsored by Alex Jones. Some "Dykes On Bikes" types showed up with GoPros attached to the top of their helmets. It's obvious the plan was to identify as many as possible attendees and use social media to co-ordinate retribution. Some of the more astute attendees wore Halloween masks that obviously don't cover one's lips. We all can mitigate our risks the same way people in Latin America limit their risk at the hands of drug cartels and Communists.

My 30 years of taking these risks has been a worthwhile investment that pays off with knowing a cheerful, resilient, wise, helpful, friendly and generally agreeable population. We in the US can leverage this know-how to get through the actions of the US tech cartel which is as undesirable or perhaps even worse than the drug cartels.