PDA

View Full Version : Really? Whoopi Compares Big Tech Censorship to Baking Gay Wedding Cake

jimnyc
01-11-2021, 09:24 PM
OOoOook then. :rolleyes:

---

Really? Whoopi Compares Big Tech Censorship to Baking Gay Wedding Cake

Last Friday evening, Twitter permanently banned President Trump from their platform. Google, Apple and Amazon immediately followed suit by booting the “free speech” platform Parler, which conservatives flocked to as an alternative to Twitter, from its respective app stores and web services. But the liberal hosts of The View were not alarmed by these heavy-handed decisions by big tech and even compared it to the infamous Supreme Court case of a Colorado baker who refused to bake a same-sex wedding cake.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg opened the segment comparing tech giants Twitter, Apple, Google and Amazon's actions to Christian baker, Jack Phillips, declining to bake a same-sex wedding cake, in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado. Whoopi strangely suggested the left was always in favor of Phillips right to say no:

"They have every right to say, ‘I don't want you using my site,’ much like the baker who said, ‘I don't want to bake for gay people.’ Same thing. Everybody said, ‘listen, he has the right do that.’ So do all these companies have the right to say, ‘I don’t want you on my stuff,'" Whoopi stated. Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin agreed this was the right of a private business and not a First Amendment issue.

"These are private companies, and so they have every right to do this, you know, the First Amendment really relates to government action and not the action of private companies,” Hostin stated.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2021/01/11/really-whoopi-compares-big-tech-censorship-baking-gay-wedding

fj1200
01-11-2021, 09:29 PM
Interesting. I think we'll see a lot of flipping of positions over the next few months, years. Private property, net neutrality... Maybe free trade and states rights will flip back to.

gabosaurus
01-11-2021, 09:36 PM
It's similar only in that both involve private business, whether they be large or small.